Review of Fouling in Business and College Athletics

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anozie Stephanie
Currently Reading: Summer's Promise
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anozie-stephanie.html
Latest Review: life.............connected by jacksel

Review of Fouling in Business and College Athletics

Post by Anozie Stephanie »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Fouling in Business and College Athletics" by Gonzalo Fernandez.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Gonzalo Fernandez begins his book, Fouling in Business and College Athletics, with various things in business that are hidden, most of which are accounting errors and fraud. In the fouling aspect of business, the book speaks about two major companies of the 90's, which are Eron Corporation and WorldCom. These companies caused havoc in their stocks that affected their investors, stockholders, and even employees. This act attracted the eyes of the Wall Street Journal as a high accounting firm like Arthur Anderson, which was the accounting firm for both Eron Corporation and Worldcom at the time. 

The foul play in the accounting section of business is being questioned, whether these accounting errors are done intentionally or if they are just errors or another method of error by reducing the percentage they are meant to pay, thereby increasing what comes to them as gains.The book also noted that needs that are especially financial are the reason that these errors are created, so they find an opportunity to get what they want, and they can make a way even if it comes to fixing matches to achieve their purpose. The book also speaks about how players in college sports receive so little compared to what the school, coaches, and NCAA as a whole receive in the season of the competition. 

Certain schools were questioned for a lack of institutional control, which suggests that the college doesn't have enough policies to prevent violations. It also tells the story of the University of North Carolina fake classes scheme, in which it was revealed that students with fake grades were kept and made eligible to play. 

What I like about this book is that it lists sports, rules of the game, opportunities, mindsets, and ideas for becoming an athlete. The thing I dislike about this book is the arrangement; the writings are so compressed in the pages that I have to zoom in to see well. 

I recommend this book to anyone who is looking to invest in or start a business and to college athletes seeking opportunities in various sports and rules for different sports. I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars because I learned a lot about business, as it speaks a lot about how accounting errors can be the reason for the rise of stock in a company. This will surely make me more curious to research a company more before investing in it, and I didn't spot any errors and understood and flowed with the wording.

Fouling in Business and College Athletics
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ezeani Emmanuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezeani-emmanuel.html
Latest Review: Clifford's War by J Denison Reed

Post by Ezeani Emmanuel »

"Fouling in Business and College Athletics" by Gonzalo Fernandez shows the hidden details in businesses and shows that not all bed are roses.
Jason Ortega 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jason-ortega-1.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Jason Ortega 1 »

Seeing Eron Corporation and WorldCom in this review, I really what to know what transpired in those two companies.
Opeyemi Ajiboye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-opeyemi-ajiboye.html
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey

Post by Opeyemi Ajiboye »

Thank you for this review, sometimes cooperations have to consider a lot of factors before going onto do foul play in their cooperation. What are the employees and stakeholders meant to do after they are being pled guilty for their actions?
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: Winning at Leading Women In Leadership by Ronica Watkins, PhD

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

The perspective of this book is interesting. I always thought that accountants were among the most detailed people in their work. This is a surprising reality for me. I'm not really into sports, but I think this book could be an interesting read. Thank you for the recommendation.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”