Review of Cynthia and Dan

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dani Elle Ele
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dani-elle-ele.html
Latest Review: The Conscience of the C.O.D. by James Terminiello

Review of Cynthia and Dan

Post by Dani Elle Ele »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cynthia and Dan" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer immerses readers in a captivating narrative that seamlessly intertwines political intrigue and romance. The protagonist, Cynthia Patterson, transitions from a career as a CIA agent to gaining momentum as Cynthia takes on a mission of paramount importance: thwarting a terrorist plot against President Gerard Bigelow. Alongside her, the narrative introduces Tim and Garth, computer experts aiding in her endeavors.

A notable element of the novel is its exploration of contemporary issues, notably terrorism and cyberwarfare. The author successfully weaves these themes into the narrative, giving it a relevant and thought-provoking dimension. The pacing is commendable, ensuring a fast-paced and engaging reading experience. The portrayal of Cynthia's role as a security officer offers insights into the complexities of her responsibilities, adding depth to her character.

However, the novel is not without its flaws, particularly in the realm of romantic subplots. The relationships, especially Cynthia's involvement with Sky, feel forced and lack the authenticity required to seamlessly integrate into the overall narrative. This flaw detracts from the otherwise well-crafted suspense and action elements. Despite these shortcomings, Cynthia and Dan deserves recognition for its educational value, providing readers with insights into military operations, investigations, and technology. The mix of action and suspense contributes to the novel's appeal, making it a compelling choice for readers interested in these themes. I did not see any errors in this book, which shows that it was exceptionally well edited.

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. The flaws I highlighted in the book were not enough for me to deduct any stars from it. It offers a multifaceted reading experience, combining political intrigue, romance, and contemporary relevance. While the romantic subplot could benefit from more nuanced development, the novel remains a commendable exploration of modern-day challenges within a suspenseful narrative framework. This book is best suited for individuals who enjoy a mix of romance and action. It appeals to those interested in stories that involve advanced technology, security, and political intrigue. Additionally, readers who appreciate narratives exploring the impact of technology on security and those studying or interested in computer software engineering might find this book particularly engaging. Overall, it is recommended for those who enjoy a blend of romance, action, and technological themes.

Cynthia and Dan
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Colleado Keana Rose
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-colleado-keana-rose.html
Latest Review: Rise and Conquer by Juan Partida

Post by Colleado Keana Rose »

A fast paced fascinating thriller with huge suspense. This book is superb. Nice review tho?!
Mary Clarkee
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: We Are Voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-clarkee.html
Latest Review: A Brighter Tomorrow by Lori Schneider, MD

Post by Mary Clarkee »

I'm glad you found the review helpful! Fast-paced thrillers with suspense can be quite captivating. If you have any questions or if there's anything specific you'd like to discuss about the book, feel free to let me know!
AGBATA DONALD Chidera
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-donald-chidera.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by AGBATA DONALD Chidera »

This book really captivated me beyond my expectations. Cynthia's character was well developed and helped in making the book storyline more engaging
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: Theater of Lies by Ted Griffith

Post by Veronica Hunter »

Dorothy May Mercer's 'Cynthia and Dan' is a riveting blend of political intrigue and romance that kept me on the edge of my seat from start to finish. Mercer's adept storytelling and attention to detail make this novel a must-read for fans of suspenseful thrillers.
Chiemego Nwokolo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiemego-nwokolo.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Chiemego Nwokolo »

“Cynthia and Dan” is an exhilarating thriller by Dorothy May Mercer, comprises cyberwar, richly furnished with sizzling love. I loved every aspect of the book, from the suspense, to the characters to the plot.
Nuru Menene
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dominic-emezuru.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Nuru Menene »

The author's impeccable attention to historical detail transports you to another era with ease. A must-read for history buffs.
Donaldo cris
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donaldo-cris.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Post by Donaldo cris »

I was pleasantly surprised by how captivating this book turned out to be. Cynthia's character was well-developed, adding depth and engagement to the storyline.
Williams Nnodim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-nnodim.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Williams Nnodim »

"Cynthia and Dan" is a captivating blend of political intrigue and romance, following ex-CIA agent Cynthia Patterson's mission to thwart a terrorist plot against President Bigelow, aided by computer experts Tim and Garth.
Amanda Kenneth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-kenneth.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Amanda Kenneth »

"Cynthia and Dan" by Dorothy May Mercer is a riveting tale blending political intrigue and romance. CIA agent Cynthia Patterson leads a mission to thwart a terrorist plot against President Gerard Bigelow, aided by computer experts Tim and Garth.
Daberechi Precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daberechi-precious.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Daberechi Precious »

This book is indeed a nice and engaging. the book was well detailed and educating, well developed characters. Nice review you have here.
Sean Patrick Tracy
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sean-patrick-tracy.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Sean Patrick Tracy »

"Cynthia and Dan" by Dorothy May Mercer sounds like a gripping and multifaceted narrative that combines political intrigue, romance, and contemporary issues into a compelling storyline. The protagonist, Cynthia Patterson, embarks on a mission to thwart a terrorist plot against President Gerard Bigelow, aided by computer experts Tim and Garth.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”