Review of Niching Up

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anozie Stephanie
Currently Reading: Summer's Promise
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anozie-stephanie.html
Latest Review: life.............connected by jacksel

Review of Niching Up

Post by Anozie Stephanie »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Niching Up" by Chris Dreyer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Niching Up, written by Chris Dreyer, is a nonfiction book that speaks about the importance of niches in business. The author spoke about the advantages and disadvantages of niching, as only the advantages are mostly spoken of.

It is advised that anyone interested in niching up should first get a broader angle of interest, as Chris Dreyer emphasizes how necessary it is for the person to be able to spot interest in various categories of that business instead of being chosen for them. The author didn't fail to mention the extra benefits it has for anyone willing to niche, as you'll be far ahead of peers in the same business field.

The author also mentioned how important a mentor is for anyone willing to niche, as the mentee will have guidance from their mentor, as the mentor teaches the person what works and what doesn't in a line of study or business. Mentoring is said to absolutely take the mentee less time to learn, as the mentee will be guided on how to start and will make the learning so much easier.

I loved how the author used stories we, the readers, could relate to, like that of Mace Windu's purple light saber moves in Star Wars, which the author used to talk about niching and how niching can make you stand out when you do something rare or something different from what others are doing. He also spoke about the story of Henry Ford's car manufacturing company, and he also explained more about competition in business.
I dislike how quotes historically written or said by someone else are written without quotation marks; they are just written there, like the quotes are said by the author.

This book can be recommended to students and entrepreneurs, as it will help explain the benefits of niching up in various aspects of life, as I believe that the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. I will like to applaud the author for his flawless editing, as I didn't find any errors. In respect to this, I would rate this book a 5 out of 5 star, as I also learned about the various factors involved in focusing on one thing only.

Niching Up
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ezeani Emmanuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezeani-emmanuel.html
Latest Review: Clifford's War by J Denison Reed

Post by Ezeani Emmanuel »

It important that Chris Deyer wrote "Niching Up" because so many people I business don't know the importance of niches and how being focused on one thing can improve one's business.
Jason Ortega 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jason-ortega-1.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Jason Ortega 1 »

Spotting interest in certain parts of business takes time and effort, and it is nice that Niching Up by Chris Deyer speaks a lot about it.
Opeyemi Ajiboye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-opeyemi-ajiboye.html
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey

Post by Opeyemi Ajiboye »

With my understanding of this review it is safe to say that having a mentor is very important in various aspects of business so as mistakes being made by the mentor will be prevented as you are being guided to success.
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”