Review of The Reel Sisters

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Daberechi Precious
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daberechi-precious.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Review of The Reel Sisters

Post by Daberechi Precious »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings draws readers into a heartwarming tale of friendship, camaraderie, and self-discovery among five women who share a passion for fly fishing. Through their shared love for this sport, Rose, Amanda, Sophie, Veronica, and Melody form a bond that transcends their diverse backgrounds and brings them together in unexpected ways.

The novel unfolds as the five women, each with their own unique story and struggles, come together through their mutual love for fly fishing. During one of their fishing trips, they encounter Melody, a woman in distress, and save her from a potentially dangerous situation. As Melody becomes a part of their group, the women's friendship deepens, and they find solace and support in each other's company. As the women share their joys, sorrows, and secrets, they learn valuable lessons about friendship, trust, and the power of female solidarity. Through their fishing adventures and heartfelt conversations, they discover new strengths within themselves and forge bonds that will last a lifetime.

One of the most engaging aspects of the author's ability to create realistic and relatable characters. Each woman is distinctively drawn, with her own quirks, fears, and aspirations, making them easy to connect with and root for. The novel's focus on friendship and female empowerment is inspiring, highlighting the importance of women supporting each other in pursuit of their passions. I also appreciated Cummings' detailed descriptions of fly fishing, which not only added depth to the story but also served as a metaphor for the woman's journey of self-discovery and personal growth. Even readers unfamiliar with the sport can appreciate the beauty and intricacy of fly fishing through Cummings' vivid storytelling.

Having read this book, I found no errors but had some dislikes, which I stated below. Some readers may find the pacing to be slow at times, especially in the middle portion of the novel. Another aspect of this book that made me remove a star from this book was that it doesn't have a table of contents, which can make it harder to navigate through this book and would be the same for other readers.

I will rate this book 4 out of 5 stars. Aside from that, this book is a delightful and heartwarming read that celebrates the power of female friendship and the joys of pursuing one's passions. Cummings' storytelling is engaging, and her characters are memorable and relatable. I highly recommend this book to anyone looking for a feel-good story that will leave them inspired and uplifted.

The Reel Sisters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chiemego Nwokolo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiemego-nwokolo.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Chiemego Nwokolo »

Great review here. You broke down every section appropriately. An interesting read I must say, the story-line is top notch, and the characters are well developed. I will definitely read this any chance I get.
Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malachi-chukwuebuka-nelson.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson »

Reel sister is an engaging book that takes readers on a journey of 5 friends who share great bonds and who often practice flyfishing.
Nenye Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nenye-charles.html
Latest Review: The Ultimate Prepared Bug-In Guide by S. Lee

Post by Nenye Charles »

I like books that discuss the value and importance of friendship. This is a book I would definitely love to read. Thanks for a great review. You did well.
Colleado Keana Rose
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-colleado-keana-rose.html
Latest Review: Rise and Conquer by Juan Partida

Post by Colleado Keana Rose »

I appreciate your positive feedback on the review! It's great to hear that the breakdown of the sections and the insights into the story and characters were helpful. If you decide to read the book, I hope you thoroughly enjoy the experience. Happy reading!
Enjani Matendeko
Currently Reading: Nightlord
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enjani-matendeko.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Enjani Matendeko »

I guess this book is about how women build a lasting relationship with one another. This is great and will be most appreciated. However, I'm most interested in the fly-fishing aspect of the book.
Kikelomo Awowole
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kikelomo-awowole.html
Latest Review: Prosperity Gospel by Roger Smalling

Post by Kikelomo Awowole »

The novel's focus on friendship and female empowerment is inspiring, highlighting the importance of women supporting each other in pursuit of their passions. Amazing review kudos
Nuru Menene
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dominic-emezuru.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Nuru Menene »

Tackling complex themes with remarkable depth and insight, the author's wisdom shines through on every page.
Alissa Deann Devargas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-deann-devargas.html
Latest Review: A Long Ago place by Donna Betten

Post by Alissa Deann Devargas »

A journey of friendship, support, and self-discovery among women sounds fun to read. What's even more fascinating is the mention of flyfishing. I've seen it done many times in movies. It'll be nice to read about the sport.
Williams Nnodim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-nnodim.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Williams Nnodim »

'The Reel Sisters' by Michelle Cummings unites five women through fly fishing, highlighting friendship, camaraderie, and self-discovery despite their diverse backgrounds.
williams Emerald
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Cackling of the Crows
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-emerald.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by williams Emerald »

“Michelle Cummings’ ability to create realistic and relatable characters seems to be a highlight of the book and the bond of friendship among the five women in the book is incredibly heartwarming.
Alissa Deann Devargas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-deann-devargas.html
Latest Review: A Long Ago place by Donna Betten

Post by Alissa Deann Devargas »

A journey of friendship, support, and self-discovery among women sounds fun to read. What's even more fascinating is the mention of flyfishing. I've seen it done many times in movies. It'll be nice to read about the sport.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”