Review of Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape)

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Runan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-runan.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 35%

Review of Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape)

Post by Runan »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape)" by Steve William Laible.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Billy Jack always tries to find mischief in everything. He detests going to bed early, especially when it isn’t dark outside. After his mommy and daddy tuck him in his bed, kiss him goodnight, and leave, he comes up with a brilliant plan. He plans a “great escape” from his home so that he can still have fun outside and continue his mischief.

His plan is perfect, and nothing could go wrong. Just as he is about to jump outside his bedroom window to grab his freedom, he notices a rosebush below. He definitely does not want the thorns to prick him. The adventure is not without perils and dangers. Will Billy Jack surpass all the hurdles and succeed in his “Great Escape”?

Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible is a children’s book filled with adventure and ardor. The story teaches children that every action comes with consequences. The author uses difficult vocabulary in places that can be hard for children to understand. But he provides its meaning below the passage of its usage. This allows children to read on their own without the help of older adults, and it also helps them increase their vocabulary. I really appreciate this aspect of the book.

The author also encourages children to play outside rather than playing video games all day at home. The educational aspect of this book is an added bonus. The author teaches children the reason behind the longer duration of sunlight in some countries. The pictures in this book help a child imagine effortlessly. The author’s quirky writing style makes the readers laugh while reading the book.

The editing is fabulous. I could hardly find any errors in this book. In my opinion, there is nothing to dislike in this book. I give this book a well-deserved rating of 5 out of 5 stars. Children above 7 years of age would enjoy reading this book. Adults can read this book to children below the age of 7 years, as it may be difficult for them to read the sentences of this book.

Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Runan
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Mari Thompson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mari-thompson.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Mari Thompson »

I like the part of the story that you describe about Billy Jack coming up with a brilliant plan to escape his house at night only to find a rose bush waiting outside his escape window. It teaches that things don’t always go as planned. If I come across anyone looking for a book of this age range and genre I will let them know. Thanks for the five star recommendation.
Sarah Zain
Favorite Book: Wutheing heights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-zain.html
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey

Post by Sarah Zain »

I did not know from the cover and the name of the book that it was a children’s book. But if we exclude that, I loved Billy's story, and what the author is trying to teach children makes the book worth reading. Your review is comprehensive and beautifully written Runan. I enjoyed reading it.
Life is hard on its own so let's make it easier for each other if we could.
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

I couldnt agree more with your experience in reading the book. As fellow reader, I think this is a great book to read for kids. Thanks for writing the review
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”