Review of Niching Up

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Harshitha Nayak
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harshitha-nayak.html
Latest Review: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition) by Dr. Colleen Huber
2024 Reading Goal: 55
2024 Goal Completion: 58%

Review of Niching Up

Post by Harshitha Nayak »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Niching Up" by Chris Dreyer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The book begins with the author's amusing random attempt to generate additional cash by developing a website called loosedoublechin.com, which ranked at the top of Google for several years. This success encouraged him to explore the market business, which eventually leading him to establish a digital marketing agency. Through all of his accomplishments and experiences, he took a step towards educating us with the business data in this book.

The book is structured into sections to explain the foundations of Niche and paint a clear image for the reader. The author described his initial thought process when he began marketing: how one should appreciate oneself for taking steps for further encouragement, how fear and what-ifs create uncertainty and lead to challenges, and lastly, how to deal with them. The book thoroughly examines the importance of concentration, focus, and opportunities.

The most crucial element is to understand the market's drawbacks, as we need to be aware of the benefits and obstacles that await us when we enter the market zone. He tried to explain things such as how a smaller market affects the seller, how waste can be managed, how to stand apart from the crowd by maintaining a good competition zone, and how to have control over sacrifices and efforts.

Later on, he shifted his focus to analyzing the buyer's perspective because, ultimately, they are the ones we need to persuade with our ideas. How to document company ideas, track evolving industry requirements, manage buyer relationships effectively, and leverage referrals for specialty expansion are discussed. The importance of financial management, pricing strategies, and documenting financial performance are also highlighted. The marketing strategy for improving a niche is examined in relation to its advantages and disadvantages.

Overall, this book deserves five stars. It felt personal to me for two reasons: first, I'm a budding small business owner, and second, I have a double chin. The author poured his experience into it, resulting in a simple yet knowledgeable handbook for the niche. He did an excellent job of addressing crucial aspects of marketing, which helps new entrepreneurs like myself understand customers' and sellers' viewpoints, as well as the industry's operating methods. He also left the decision of which path to take up to us. The editor did an excellent job of presenting the book in an error-free format, resulting in a pleasant reading experience. I recommend this book to all aspiring, budding, and established business individuals seeking education, as well as non-business people who are interested in understanding how the industry operates.

Niching Up
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: The 13th of Summer by Charlene Pratt

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

I agree with you. This book provides many insights, not only about business as you felt, but also about everyday life. I can resonate with you regarding how beneficial this book is. Thank you for writing this review.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Gerry Steen
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 196
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: The Curious Cousins and the African Elephant Expedition by Dr. Debra Ford Msc.D

Post by Gerry Steen »

I enjoyed this book also even though I don't have a double chin, nor am I an entrepreneur. Lol. I am one of those non-business people who wants to understand how the industry operates. I agree with your review. :techie-studyinggray:
MAHAD BAIG MIRZA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mahad-baig-mirza.html
Latest Review: Sex and the Sixty Something Guy by Mr. X
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by MAHAD BAIG MIRZA »

This review offers a personal and insightful perspective, praising the author's expertise and practical advice while highlighting the book's relevance and value for aspiring entrepreneurs, making it a must-read for both business professionals and enthusiasts alike.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”