Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Daberechi Precious
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daberechi-precious.html
Latest Review: My Spouse, my friend by Ingiete Oyama

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by Daberechi Precious »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah is an autobiographical memoir that delves into the life of Dr. Berrah, a man dedicated to the pursuit of peace and independence for Algeria amidst the challenges of racism. The book chronicles his journey from birth to old age, highlighting his solid education, medical career, and political activism.

He was born into a middle-class family and faced the harsh realities of racism in Algeria. Despite these challenges, he prioritised education, eventually pursuing a medical career while also immersing himself in politics to support Algeria's independence movement. The memoir details his struggles and triumphs, showcasing his distinct personality and selfless nature. His relationship with his mother is also highlighted, portraying a strong bond rooted in standard parental care.

The book's well-organised plot keeps readers engaged, while the inclusion of black-and-white images from the nineteenth century adds depth to the narrative. The author's ability to balance his career and political activism is admirable, as is his perseverance in the face of adversity. The emotional depth of his relationship with Antoinette, his lover, adds a touching element to the story. I also like that this book is a remarkable memoir that sheds light on the author's inspiring life. His dedication to peace, independence, and education makes him a compelling figure.

There are no notable dislikes or errors found in this book. The narrative is compelling and educational, requiring full attention to grasp the writer's message. The complexity of the content might be challenging for readers who do not pay close attention.

I would love to rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. I highly recommend this book to readers interested in history, memoirs, and political activism. The author's comprehensive exploration of Africa's history, coupled with his personal experiences, offers valuable insights. The book is exceptionally well edited, making it a worthwhile read for those seeking an educational and enlightening experience. 

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chiemego Nwokolo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiemego-nwokolo.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Chiemego Nwokolo »

I love it when authors write about themselves. The book screams patriotism and philanthropy. The author’s storytelling abilities makes it more interesting. Thanks for the beautiful review.
Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malachi-chukwuebuka-nelson.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson »

I love the patriotic character showed in the live of the author. The book may seem complex at some poi t but is worth it. Thanks for this engaging review.
Nenye Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nenye-charles.html
Latest Review: Creative Destruction by Alastair Bowman

Post by Nenye Charles »

This book is an awakening call to gain freedom and redemption. It teaches one not to give up, but persevere till we reach our goals. Great review. Keep it up.
Colleado Keana Rose
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-colleado-keana-rose.html
Latest Review: Rise and Conquer by Juan Partida

Post by Colleado Keana Rose »

I'm glad the review resonated with you, emphasizing the book's message of perseverance, freedom, and redemption. It sounds like an inspiring read that encourages readers to keep pushing towards their goals. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the review!
Enjani Matendeko
Currently Reading: Nightlord
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enjani-matendeko.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Enjani Matendeko »

Colonialism in African countries is one thing that interests me. It's even more interesting how most gained their independence. How did Ghoulem help Algeria achieve theirs?
Kikelomo Awowole
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kikelomo-awowole.html
Latest Review: Prosperity Gospel by Roger Smalling

Post by Kikelomo Awowole »

The memoir details his struggles and triumphs, showcasing his distinct personality and selfless nature. The author is a legend. Amazing review too kudos
Nuru Menene
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dominic-emezuru.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Nuru Menene »

The author's ability to capture the essence of human relationships is unparalleled in this deeply moving and relatable read.
Alissa Deann Devargas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-deann-devargas.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Alissa Deann Devargas »

A Dream for Peace sounds interesting enough for me to delve into. This memoir that chronicles the author's life sounds insightful. I'd like to know how he helped Algeria to gain independence.
Williams Nnodim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-nnodim.html
Latest Review: Hunger of the Pine by Teal Swan

Post by Williams Nnodim »

"Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah chronicles his pursuit of peace and Algerian independence amidst racism, spanning birth to old age, detailing education, medical career, and activism.
Nuru Menene
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dominic-emezuru.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Nuru Menene »

The author's impeccable attention to historical detail transports you to another era with ease. A must-read for history buffs.
williams Emerald
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Cackling of the Crows
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-emerald.html
Latest Review: Relish Your Retirement by Florance Philip

Post by williams Emerald »

“Dr. Berrah’s dedication to peace and independence amidst the challenges of racism is truly inspiring.
Badger Martin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-badger-martin.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Badger Martin »

This book discusses the struggle for independence for most African countries. Dr. Berrah's story is an inspiration to any young readers who seeks world peace.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”