Review of 28 Disastrous Dates: A (Mostly True) Humourous Memoir

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
sanjeev maurya
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanjeev-maurya.html
Latest Review: Quantitative Research Made Easy by Claude Phiri

Review of 28 Disastrous Dates: A (Mostly True) Humourous Memoir

Post by sanjeev maurya »

[Following is a volunteer review of "28 Disastrous Dates: A (Mostly True) Humourous Memoir" by Poppy Mortimer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"28 Disastrous Dates" by Poppy Mortimer is a humorous recounting of the author's various disastrous dating experiences throughout her life. The title aptly sets the tone, indicating that none of these dates ended smoothly and often concluded on a sour note.

The book comprises 28 entertaining dating stories, each more amusing than the last. From encounters with a feeder, a short-tempered individual, and a liar, to someone who inadvertently caused a lifelong neck injury, Mortimer shares a myriad of bizarre and eccentric characters she has crossed paths with. As a male reader, I found myself chuckling and, funnily, feeling slightly embarrassed by the antics of these peculiar men. Among the tales, the first story stands out as my favourite for its vividly comical depiction of a man attempting to enhance his anatomy with a kettlebell—an image that had me in fits of laughter.

Mortimer's writing style is engaging, witty, and well-structured, ensuring that each anecdote unfolds seamlessly and keeps readers entertained. The editing of the book is impeccably done, maintaining a professional standard throughout.

There is nothing to dislike about "28 Disastrous Dates." The book delivers on its promise of humour and insight into the realities of dating, offering an enjoyable and light-hearted read from a female perspective.

I wholeheartedly give this book a rating of 5 out of 5 stars. Readers who enjoy stories about relationships will find this book both entertaining and enlightening, providing a glimpse into the world of dating through the eyes of a woman. It promises a fun-filled journey that will leave you laughing and nodding in recognition at the relatable and often absurd scenarios encountered in the realm of dating.

28 Disastrous Dates: A (Mostly True) Humourous Memoir
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mayur Kushwaha
Bookshelf Size: 0
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Mayur Kushwaha »

Your review of "28 Disastrous Dates" by Poppy Mortimer is both entertaining and insightful. It's clear that Mortimer's recounting of her dating misadventures offers a humorous and relatable perspective on the challenges of finding love. Your description of the book's content and tone makes it sound like a delightful read, perfect for anyone looking for a good laugh and a peek into the unpredictable world of dating. Thank you for sharing your thoughts—I'm sure many readers will find your review helpful in deciding to pick up this book!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”