Review of Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Harshitha Nayak
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harshitha-nayak.html
Latest Review: The Adventurers of Uncle Billy & Ross by Solon Phillips, Esq.
2024 Reading Goal: 55
2024 Goal Completion: 69%

Review of Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book

Post by Harshitha Nayak »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book" by Kalliope Barlis.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

This book focuses on golf and is based on the author's personal experience. Exercises are provided to enhance performance, mental acuity, and physical abilities to impact the game. This is a simplified handbook designed to fit in a golf bag for quick reference. It incorporates valuable lessons from the author's other book, "Play Golf Better Faster." For more comprehensive information, I recommend reading that book for sound golf advice. The main concept of this note revolves around integrating the golf mindset into a dynamic tool for optimizing your game. The complete mental mechanism and physical tactics are explained, with examples, theories, experiences, and specially designed exercises for assistance.

The author utilized her experience and expertise in Neuro-Linguistic-programming to educate us on mental techniques, laying the groundwork for belief theory. The first step toward achieving our goals or desires is to believe in ourselves. Along with this, our memories can be used to strengthen our thinking and translate that good thinking into improved performance. Reflecting on the shots we made and analyzing them thoroughly can help in training and getting ready for the next performance. This happens when we train our brain and develop good habits, enabling us to execute excellent shots using specific tactics. Why can't this happen in reality? There are numerous sectors dedicated to harnessing these mental powers. One aspect to consider is scoreboard analysis and the significance of concentrating on a particular number.

Following the assessment of cognitive skills, the next step is to focus on physical technique, which plays a crucial role in performance. Beginner-level practices are essential for any performance. The subject here is about practicing tactics or approaches for playing, with the next stage being to practice for mastery. Only practicing with the right intentions, methods, and quality can lead to improvement. Topics covered include aim and alignment, maintaining balance, gripping the club, and many others. The practice includes advice on playing with proper technique as well as additional tips. Along with physical strength and health stability, these factors are crucial for achieving the game's objectives. Proper routines play a significant role in stability. Topics such as distance aiming, green speed, slope, wind, and many others are thoroughly discussed to enhance understanding.

Overall, it's a 5 out 5 book for me because of its amazing blend of information, expertise, research, suggestions, activities, and a simplified, knowledgeable version for rapid reference.
The visual representations of the actual game, the scoring table, and pictorial examples add a great deal to the story. Authur's outstanding work in converting massive knowledge into a clear, easy-to-understand narrative is particularly impressive. And she did a great job. I didn't discover any negative aspects or inappropriate approaches in the book; it was perfect and educational, so I greatly loved it.
I did not identify any faults in the editing phase; thus, the editing team did their job effectively and provided us with an error free format.There were no unfavorable concepts or methods discussed, therefore this was the perfect book for me, with no defects, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. And, even though I am not a golfer, there are other effective motivational strategies that can be applied in any situation.
I recommend this book mostly to golfers who will use the information in the game, but others can take advantage of the book for its value as an educational resource.

Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

The NLP approach in the book is well described, it helping me to understand and creating a better mindset to learn about golf. I agree with your argument here. Thanks for writing this great review.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-murugesan.html
Latest Review: Beating Death (resubmission) by Sean O’Banion

Post by Priya Murugesan »

As you said, this method can be used in various aspects of our life. A good review!
In a world where you can be anything, be kind :)
MAHAD BAIG MIRZA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mahad-baig-mirza.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by MAHAD BAIG MIRZA »

"This review offers a thorough exploration of the book's blend of practical exercises, expert insights, and motivational strategies, providing valuable guidance for golfers and non-golfers alike."
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 205
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Self Love : Journal Your Journey by Natalie Bears

Post by Gerry Steen »

I use the neuro-linguistic program exercises provided in the book to mentally prepare for each shot on the golf course. Getting rid of negative thoughts on the golf course have helped me improve my game and enjoy it more. Your review is very informative as usual. :techie-studyinggray:
Rajaee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rajaee.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Rajaee »

I take it from the review that this is not necessary to read if I have already read the other book. Anyway, the methods and practices used in this book are quite effective, as they not only focus on physical preparation but also mental preparation.
Thanks for the review.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Cristiano Bellucci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristiano-bellucci.html
Latest Review: Silo 42: Deception by Zev Paiss
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 660%

Post by Cristiano Bellucci »

Thank you for your review. The author is so knowledgeable. She can teach golf only because of her expertise. She then add the NLP layer which takes the book to a different level. I am glad you enjoyed it.
Book allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today. Mark Zuckerberg.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”