Review of Unicorns Know Magic

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dani Elle Ele
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dani-elle-ele.html
Latest Review: The Conscience of the C.O.D. by James Terminiello

Review of Unicorns Know Magic

Post by Dani Elle Ele »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Unicorns Know Magic" by Charles Adkins.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins is an amazing adventure into a world where magic lives beyond the realm of fantasy as the characters Abby, Georgia, Bitsy, and Chase invade the minds and hearts of young readers right from the moment of their arrival. Besides, the magic storytelling methods come out through the bright yet outstanding illustrations, but it goes further than that; it uses a poetic style in writing that similarly appeals to children and makes it more interesting to read.

The story, revolving around the powerful friendship between the unicorns and the children, goes beyond the magical elements, teaching kids other useful life lessons. Those unicorns personify kind acts and encouragement that help children understand the role played by their actions, particularly when they spend a few minutes in different places. The book demonstrates the beauty of this idea that a person can make the smallest ripple that the biggest waves emerge from. The picture reveals how our actions and reactions help to create a better, healthier world around us, and all we need to do is start it off with our own real and caring emotions.

It is the uniqueness of Unicorns Know Magic to show these lessons not by word but in the motion of magical creatures. The moral lessons that kindness and activeness teach are critical thinking skills that are good to start learning at an early age, and this book is not only educational but also entertaining.

Throughout the book, the appearances of artworks were greatly highlighted by detailed illustrations, which made the storytelling visual and helped the child connect and develop his or her imaginative skills. Ros Webb's fantastic and lively illustrations visually manifest the facial expressions of unicorns as well as their activities, hence creating an interactive environment for storytelling. I didn't find anything to dislike about this book.

The novel's flawless editing maintains a high reading level, and its perfect outlook deserves to get a 5 out of 5 star rating. Highly recommended for young readers, parents, and early childhood educators, "Unicorns Know Magic" is one of those unique books that, after closing its pages, guarantees an unforgettable journey into the world where unicorns ignite the imagination and nourish the spirit of kindness. It is highly recommended for young readers, parents who cherish bedtime stories, and early childhood educators.

Unicorns Know Magic
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Alissa Deann Devargas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-deann-devargas.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Alissa Deann Devargas »

I've always relegated unicorns to fantasy stories, and this book is no different. I do find it interesting to read about them and their magical powers, so I don't mind reading this children's book about unicorns.
Nuru Menene
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dominic-emezuru.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Nuru Menene »

The author's profound understanding of human nature shines through in the complex, relatable characters they craft.
Donaldo cris
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donaldo-cris.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Post by Donaldo cris »

The author's deep comprehension of human nature is evident in the intricate and relatable characters they create.
Kikelomo Awowole
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kikelomo-awowole.html
Latest Review: Prosperity Gospel by Roger Smalling

Post by Kikelomo Awowole »

The book is amazing. I enjoyed every bit of it. Inspirational book
Williams Nnodim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-nnodim.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Williams Nnodim »

"Unicorns Know Magic" by Charles Adkins is an enchanting journey blending magic with captivating storytelling. Through vivid illustrations and poetic writing, it captivates young readers, making it an engaging and delightful read.
Amanda Kenneth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-kenneth.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Amanda Kenneth »

Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins is an amazing adventure into a world where magic lives beyond the realm of fantasy as the characters Abby, Georgia, Bitsy, and Chase invade the minds and hearts of young readers right from the moment of their arrival. Besides, the magic storytelling methods come out through the bright yet outstanding illustrations, but it goes further than that; it uses a poetic style in writing that similarly appeals to children and makes it more interesting to read.
Daberechi Precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daberechi-precious.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Daberechi Precious »

This book is indeed a nice and engaging. the book was well detailed and educating, well developed characters. Nice review you have here. I enjoyed every bit of it, and my kid were happy to join me read, the pictures were so eye-catching.
Daberechi Precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daberechi-precious.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Daberechi Precious »

This book is engaging and interesting. I enjoyed every bit of it.
Cristiano Bellucci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristiano-bellucci.html
Latest Review: The Aspen Tree by Bart LaRocca
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 500%

Post by Cristiano Bellucci »

Thank you for your review. I felt the sweetness in your words. I want to read this book too now :)
Book allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today. Mark Zuckerberg.
Sean Patrick Tracy
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sean-patrick-tracy.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Sean Patrick Tracy »

"Unicorns Know Magic" by Charles Adkins sounds like a magical and enriching adventure that captivates young readers from the very beginning. The combination of bright illustrations and poetic writing style creates an immersive storytelling experience that appeals to children's imaginations and makes reading even more enjoyable.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”