Review of The Reel Sisters

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jane Honda
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-honda.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Review of The Reel Sisters

Post by Jane Honda »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The touching story The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings celebrates the value of friendship and the fun activity of fishing. The plot, which is set against the picturesque backdrop of tranquil rivers and landscapes, centers on a group of close-knit friends who, while facing life's ups and downs, find strength and comfort in their love of the great outdoors and the excitement of landing the big fish. These sisters demonstrate via tears, laughs, and priceless moments on the water that genuine friendship can withstand any adversity and that sometimes the best adventures are those we have with the people we cherish most.

In a small town near a river, a group of best friends really love fishing together. They help each other out when things get tough and enjoy spending time together outdoors. But sometimes, they face problems and secrets that make things difficult. They have to figure out how to deal with these issues and learn important lessons about being honest and forgiving. Just when they think everything is okay, something else comes up that makes them question their friendship. Will they stay friends through it all, or will they drift apart? These best friends were women and had different professions. From their shared experiences, you could learn a lot from them.

This book isn't just about fishing. It's about important stuff like friendship, forgiveness, and facing challenges. When you read it, you might find yourself feeling happy, sad, or inspired. It's like the book reaches out and touches your heart. The book shows how the friends stick together through thick and thin, just like real friends do. For example, when one friend is feeling down, the others cheer them up by taking them fishing and spending time together. These are things friends should learn so that when their partners are down, they can do an activity he or she loves in order to cheer them up. Aside from friendship, I was able to learn more about fly fishing and some of the rules involved. The book was properly edited, leaving no room for errors.

The story moves too slowly, with not enough action or excitement to keep me engaged. For example, I felt bored during long passages where characters engage in mundane activities like fishing without much happening to move the story forward. Also, some characters in the book lack depth, making it hard for me to connect with them emotionally. For example, one character might always be portrayed as brave and adventurous without any flaws or weaknesses, making them seem unrealistic and unrelatable. These were things I didn’t like in the book, which prompted me to rate the book four out of five stars. This book is suitable for lovers of books on fishing and friendship.

The Reel Sisters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malachi-chukwuebuka-nelson.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson »

Reel sisters is an engaging book that brings readers into the minds of five friends who share a strong bond and also who do everything in common.
Mary Clarkee
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: We Are Voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-clarkee.html
Latest Review: A Holistic Strategy to Beat Cancer by Nguyen Minh Hai

Post by Mary Clarkee »

There are alot of things which can make relationship fun in the case of the five girls, it was fly fishing. It seem like a real fun.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”