Review of The Blandford Fly

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Williams Nnodim
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-nnodim.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Review of The Blandford Fly

Post by Williams Nnodim »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Blandford Fly" by D.N. Moore.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"The Blandford Fly and Other Tales" by D.N. Moore is a mesmerizing collection that seamlessly weaves together the realms of fantasy, horror, and the supernatural. Through four captivating short stories, Moore explores the depths of human emotion and the inexplicable mysteries of the world.

In the title story, "The Blandford Fly," Moore transports readers into a chilling world where a scientist's quest for vengeance collides with the eerie presence of a deadly insect. Reminiscent of Mary Shelley's "Frankenstein," this tale intertwines scientific curiosity with the macabre, leaving readers on the edge of their seats.

From there, Moore takes us on a journey through a spectrum of emotions and genres. "Radio Sweethearts" delicately explores themes of love and connection against the backdrop of late-night jazz, while "Sardines and Ice Cream" unveils the extraordinary gift of foresight possessed by a young artist.

Yet, it is "The Living Boy: A Very Strange Christmas Story" that truly stands out, offering a glimpse into a world ruled by porcelain dolls and the resilience of a young boy. Though brief, this story lingers in the mind, leaving readers yearning for more.

Throughout the collection, Moore's prose is evocative and immersive, painting vivid landscapes that blur the lines between reality and fantasy. Each story is a testament to her skill in crafting compelling characters and intricate worlds that linger long after the final page is turned.

I rate this 5 out of 5 stars. I liked the book because each story was given enough light in just a few pages, making it a quick and enjoyable read. Also, the book was perfectly edited, and I found no errors of any kind. I recommend this book to readers craving thrilling escapades into the supernatural. "The Blandford Fly and Other Tales" by D.N. Moore offers captivating short stories that blend fantasy, horror, and mystery. With vivid prose and chilling plots, it's a must-read for those seeking an immersive literary journey. It is a must-read for anyone craving an escape into the unknown realms of the imagination.

The Blandford Fly
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amanda Kenneth
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-kenneth.html
Latest Review: Creative Destruction by Alastair Bowman

Post by Amanda Kenneth »

"The Blandford Fly and Other Tales" by D.N. Moore mesmerizes with a blend of fantasy, horror, and the supernatural. Through four captivating short stories, Moore explores human emotion and inexplicable mysteries. In "The Blandford Fly," scientific curiosity collides with the macabre, reminiscent of Mary Shelley's "Frankenstein."
Julius Peters
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius-peters.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Julius Peters »

"The Blandford Fly and Other Tales" by D.N. Moore sounds like a captivating exploration of the supernatural and the human psyche, weaving together tales that linger in the imagination long after they're read. Moore's ability to evoke emotion and suspense in just a few pages is truly commendable, offering readers a thrilling escape into the unknown. Your glowing review highlights the book's strengths and makes it clear why it's deserving of a 5-star rating. Thanks for sharing your insights, and I'm sure many readers like myself will be eager to embark on this mesmerizing literary journey.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”