Review of The Date Farm

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Florence Daniel
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-daniel.html
Latest Review: Miracle at Angels Bend by R. Christian Bohlen

Review of The Date Farm

Post by Florence Daniel »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Date Farm" by Jack Winnick.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Jack Winnick's novel, "The Date Farm," unfolds a gripping narrative of terrorist assaults orchestrated by radicals. Ten terrorists, dressed in black, launch a shocking incursion into a bustling Beverly Hills retail center, disrupting a rave attended by numerous young people on a Saturday evening. Their tactic involves using gas bombs to incapacitate and disorient the revelers before dispersing them across multiple levels. In moments, they unleash a barrage of bullets from automatic rifles, resulting in a tragic loss of life, initially with 48 confirmed fatalities. Amidst the chaos, Uri Levin, an operative from Israel's Mossad, and his FBI wife, Lara, vacationing in Ohio with Lara's family, receive an urgent call about the horrific mall massacre. They promptly boarded a plane to join the investigation. Upon their arrival, the death toll had risen to 58, with an additional 125 injured.

The book captivated me from start to finish, a crucial element for an action thriller. The story plunges straight into the first terrorist attack, with Uri and Lara swiftly responding to the news and rushing to Los Angeles to begin their investigation. The plot maintains an exhilarating pace throughout, never allowing it to falter. While there are quieter moments during travel and transit, Winnick skillfully navigates them, avoiding unnecessary details.

A notable aspect is the author's treatment of incidental characters. Winnick portrays them with simplicity, allowing their actions and behaviors to gradually reveal their depth as the story unfolds. The author provides only brief physical descriptions, ensuring they don't disrupt the narrative flow. Moreover, key plot points are unveiled in real time without unnecessary foreshadowing, heightening the element of surprise. The presence of several twists and surprises effectively sustains the reader's engagement. I found myself on the edge of my seat, eagerly following the multiple layers of action presented in this thrilling story.

There is nothing to dislike about this book. The author adeptly blends suspense and action, creating a seamless narrative. As I immersed myself in the story, I gleaned valuable insights, particularly regarding the power of determination. The book convincingly conveys that unwavering determination can lead to unimaginable triumphs in life. I extend my heartfelt gratitude to the author for crafting such an exceptional piece of work. Furthermore, I commend the editor for a job well done, as the book is flawlessly edited and devoid of any errors.

I rate this book five out of five stars for its insightful portrayal of criminal identification. It serves as an exceptional and enthralling action thriller that is sure to captivate every reader. The gripping narrative will particularly resonate with individuals intrigued by the subject of terrorism and the current political landscape in the Middle East. I recommend it to anyone seeking a deeper understanding of the mechanics behind terrorist operations.

The Date Farm
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malachi-chukwuebuka-nelson.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson »

Date farm by Jack Winnick is an interesting and suspenseful thriller book. This is one of the standalone installment in the Lara and Uri's series.
Sunday N Florence
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-n-florence.html
Latest Review: 600 Devils by Marjan

Post by Sunday N Florence »

The book captivates from start to finish, plunging readers into the action from the first attack. Uri Levin, an operative from Israel's Mossad, and his FBI wife, Lara, swiftly respond to the news, boarding a plane to Los Angeles to join the investigation. As the death toll rises to 58, with 125 injured, the plot maintains an exhilarating pace, never faltering.
Latest Review: 600 Devils by Marjan
Aurora Benjamin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aurora-benjamin.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd Edition by Jack Winnick

Post by Aurora Benjamin »

A standout feature is Winnick's treatment of characters, portrayed with simplicity yet depth. The story dives straight into the action, with Uri Levin and Lara swiftly responding to a shocking mall massacre in Beverly Hills. Brief physical descriptions and real-time plot revelations add to the element of surprise, keeping readers on the edge of their seats.
Esther Unurhie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-unurhie.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Esther Unurhie »

This review effectively captures the riveting essence of Jack Winnick's 'The Date Farm,' highlighting its intense narrative and fast-paced action sequences. The portrayal of a terrorist assault in a bustling retail center sets the stage for a gripping story, with protagonists Uri Levin and Lara navigating the chaos to uncover the truth.
Mark Maxwell 2
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-maxwell-2.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Mark Maxwell 2 »

The Date Farm" by Jack Winnick delivers a gripping narrative of terrorist assaults in a bustling Beverly Hills retail center, drawing readers into a high-stakes investigation led by Mossad operative Uri Levin and his FBI wife, Lara, amidst a tragic loss of life and chaos.
Robert Andrew
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-andrew.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Robert Andrew »

The Date Farm" excels in its ability to maintain an exhilarating pace from start to finish, ensuring that readers are fully immersed in the unfolding action. Winnick's adept handling of transitions between scenes and his judicious use of detail contribute to the novel's seamless flow, never allowing the momentum to wane.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

The Date Farm', delivers a chilling portrayal of a terrorist attack that shatters the peace of a bustling Beverly Hills retail center. Through gripping prose and relentless suspense, Winnick immerses readers in the harrowing events as they unfold, from the initial gas bombs to the hail of bullets that claim numerous lives.
Susan John Peter
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-john-peter.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Susan John Peter »

The Date Farm' by Jack Winnick, readers are thrust into a heart-pounding narrative of terrorism and tragedy as a group of radicals launch a devastating assault on a Beverly Hills retail center.
Nuru Menene
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dominic-emezuru.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Nuru Menene »

This book tackles complex themes with remarkable depth and insight. The author's wisdom shines through on every page.
Enjani Matendeko
Currently Reading: Nightlord
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enjani-matendeko.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Enjani Matendeko »

From what I've read of Lara and Uri so far, I respect them as agents. They seem to have accomplished so much and are very equipped to fight terrorists. I don't think that this book is going to be different.
Chiemego Nwokolo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiemego-nwokolo.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Chiemego Nwokolo »

One of the most important aspects of an action thriller is that the novel kept my interest throughout. The first terrorist incident occurs early in the narrative, and Uri and Lara react quickly to the news, flying to Los Angeles to start their investigation. The plot never lets up its thrilling pace, always keeping it steady. During travel in transit, there are calmer times, but Winnick expertly handles them by cutting out superfluous details.
Williams Nnodim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-nnodim.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Williams Nnodim »

"The Date Farm" by Jack Winnick is a gripping action thriller that starts with a shocking terrorist attack and maintains an exhilarating pace throughout, captivating readers from start to finish.
Baggett Yori
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-baggett-yori.html
Latest Review: The Temple Of Truth And Lies by James Duvall

Post by Baggett Yori »

The Date Farm" by Jack Winnick sounds like an intense and gripping action thriller, with a narrative that dives straight into the heart of a terrorist assault in Beverly Hills. The swift response of the main characters, Uri Levin and Lara, adds to the adrenaline-fueled pace of the story. The author's treatment of both primary and incidental characters appears to be nuanced, allowing for depth without disrupting the narrative flow. Congrats on your well written review.
Chad Anthony
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chad-anthony.html
Latest Review: Quando Dormo by Edward Izzi

Post by Chad Anthony »

The beginning of Date Farm sounds like movie. I love the suspense and mystery behind the attacks. The author did well in developing the characters. Congratulations on writing an interesting review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”