Review of Philosophy from the Mud

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aremu-titilopemi-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: The Aspen Tree by Bart LaRocca

Review of Philosophy from the Mud

Post by Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Philosophy from the Mud" by Erik Quisling.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Philosophy from the Mud is a non-fictional book written by Erik Quisling. It's divided into two parts: the fables of the author and the non-fictional motivational aspect. The fables comprise short stories about the ant, the earthworm, and the clam, while the motivational part talks about the five laws of masterful effortlessness. What could be there to discuss regarding the ant, the earthworm, and the clam? What are these five laws? Pick the book to find out.

I've been an avid reader of all kinds of books all my life, and I've never seen a book as unique as this one. It's the first thing that stood out for me in the book. There's a pattern of writing non-fiction books, but the author chooses to think outside the box, forgo the norm, and guess what? It came out beautiful and outstanding. We need more authors like Erik Quisling who will find their uniqueness and choose to use it in their work.

Another thing that stood out for me was the effortless exercises the author provided at the end of each law. It tells readers that when they finish reading a part or chapter of a book, they should pause to reflect on what they've read. It'll help them get a better understanding of what they're reading. I'm so happy the author included those exercises, and I made good use of them.

People rarely pay attention to Ants, worms, and clams; however, I appreciate the creativity of Erik Quisling in creating incredible stories out of these creatures. The author's creativity here is the third thing that stood out for me in this book. It makes me look forward to reading more of his books.

I can go on and on about all the positive aspects because I didn't see anything to dislike. There were no errors as well, proving the author didn't only write a great book; it was professionally edited as well. These are why I'm giving Philosophy from the Mud a full 5 out of 5-star rating.

I recommend this book to people looking for straightforward self-help books. It's a practical book. It's not bulky, it's easy to read, and understand.

Philosophy from the Mud
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Dani Elle Ele
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dani-elle-ele.html
Latest Review: It Was What It Was by Daniel Pace

Post by Dani Elle Ele »

This book is indeed an inspirational one.
I am glad I bump into your review, I will definitely be grabbing this copy
Enjani Matendeko
Currently Reading: Nightlord
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enjani-matendeko.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Enjani Matendeko »

Philosophy from the mud sounds fascinating to read about. I don't mind exploring this concept of air to a bird, water to a fish, and man unto himself.
Oluchi Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi-samuel.html
Latest Review: Musings of an Autistic Mind by Darryl Jefferson

Post by Oluchi Samuel »

"Philosophy from the Mud" is truly unique. It is not everyday you come across a book that is both fictional and non fictional. The author did an amazing job. Thanks for the review!
Sean Patrick Tracy
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sean-patrick-tracy.html
Latest Review: From GED to PhD by Barbara Crump

Post by Sean Patrick Tracy »

"Philosophy from the Mud" by Erik Quisling sounds like a refreshingly unique and insightful book that combines fables with motivational non-fiction. Your review effectively captures the book's standout qualities, starting with its innovative approach to storytelling and self-help. You appreciate how Erik Quisling breaks away from traditional norms and delivers a book that stands out for its creativity and originality. This aspect of the book sets it apart and makes it a memorable reading experience.
Sean Patrick Tracy
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sean-patrick-tracy.html
Latest Review: From GED to PhD by Barbara Crump

Post by Sean Patrick Tracy »

"Philosophy from the Mud" by Erik Quisling sounds like a refreshingly unique and insightful book that combines fables with motivational non-fiction. Your review effectively captures the book's standout qualities, starting with its innovative approach to storytelling and self-help. You appreciate how Erik Quisling breaks away from traditional norms and delivers a book that stands out for its creativity and originality. This aspect of the book sets it apart and makes it a memorable reading experience.
Dani Elle Ele
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dani-elle-ele.html
Latest Review: It Was What It Was by Daniel Pace

Post by Dani Elle Ele »

Philosophy from the Mud" stands out as a truly unique read, blending elements of fiction and non-fiction in an intriguing way. The author's skill in weaving together these genres is commendable, making for an engaging and thought-provoking experience. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the book!
obinna Sharon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obinna-sharon.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by obinna Sharon »

This book is nice and unique the plot is different from many other books today. I'm looking forward to reading this book.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”