Review of Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jennifer Coxon
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-coxon.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards

Re: Review of Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book

Post by Jennifer Coxon »

Thank you for your honest review. I am not a golfer, so I don't even think I would make it through the book once, let alone 21 times. I'm not great at follow through on exercises that books give either, so I think I will leave this one be.
Mari Thompson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mari-thompson.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Mari Thompson »

Jennifer Coxon wrote: 19 Mar 2024, 12:46 Thank you for your honest review. I am not a golfer, so I don't even think I would make it through the book once, let alone 21 times. I'm not great at follow through on exercises that books give either, so I think I will leave this one be.
Maybe if you take up golf in the future this book will come in handy 🙂 Thanks for reading my review and commenting.
Terry Kimble
Currently Reading: Web of Evil
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-terry-kimble.html
Latest Review: "Dumb" Orphans by Allan Low

Post by Terry Kimble »

Although I have zero interest in golf, I know plenty of people who love the game. I can refer them to this book. When someone deeply loves something, they usually try whatever is necessary to achieve their goals. This insightful review sounds like the book best suits very serious golfers.
Mari Thompson
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Mari Thompson »

Terry Kimble wrote: 20 Mar 2024, 06:27 Although I have zero interest in golf, I know plenty of people who love the game. I can refer them to this book. When someone deeply loves something, they usually try whatever is necessary to achieve their goals. This insightful review sounds like the book best suits very serious golfers.
It will definitely benefit any golfer. The diagrams alone are great practice ideas. Thanks for reading and replying to my review.
Susan Ledezma
Favorite Book: Bound by Firelight
Currently Reading: Light Filters In
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-ledezma.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
2024 Reading Goal: 125
2024 Goal Completion: 27%

Post by Susan Ledezma »

Mari Thompson wrote: 04 Mar 2024, 12:31 [Following is a volunteer review of "Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book" by Kalliope Barlis.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Play Golf Better Faster: The Golf Bag Book, From Weekend Golfer to Pro Golfer in Two Years by Kalliope Barlis is a 146-page digital book that is meant to be tucked into your golf bag and referenced when you need quick inspiration on the course. Well, that’s after you have read the book once every day for 21 days. The author explains how to use this little book for big results, and that includes giving it a read once every day for 21 days. I’m a very slow reader, and I was able to read this book in one day, so reading it every day for 21 days is doable. You just need to have the drive and motivation for golf that put you in a position to utilize the material in this book the way it was meant to be used.

If you do not take golf seriously or are not trying to make it on the pro circuit, then this book may not be for you. The author claims that “by doing the exercises in the book, your game will dramatically improve.” She also states that the exercises will improve how you think. She guarantees it.

Her methods center around Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP). NLP teaches us how to upgrade how we think by reinforcing the good holographic images that our brains create and diminishing the bad holographic images that our brains create.

By using NLP, the author went from a weekend golfer to a professional golfer in two years.

If you are truly looking to become a better golfer and can invest the time and money into purchasing a fitted set of golf clubs and spend countless hours out on the course trying every golf shot, from every angle, with every club from every spot on the course until you have reinforced only the best shots from all of those positions, then this will be a great book to add to your golf-learning experience.

There are quite a few useful practice diagrams at the end of the book to help with spatial awareness at the tee. New ideas using technology are also presented. An example of this is using Google Maps to look at a course you are going to play from above to get a lay of the land before you even go there.

I give this book three out of five stars. The editing was done fairly well. There were a few typos and one swear word that I came across. I recommend this book to people of any age or religion who want to improve their golf game and have the time, energy, and resources to do so.

Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
I don't think that I'm the target audience for this book since I don't play golf, but it would be a useful too for someone who wants to improve or get started. Thank you for the honest review!
“Great books help you understand, and they help you feel understood.” -John Green :techie-studyinggray:
Nwansimdi Mercy Someze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwansimdi-mercy-someze.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by Nwansimdi Mercy Someze »

This book sounds like a practical and accessible resource for golf enthusiasts looking to improve their game. The concept of a compact digital book that can be easily carried in a golf bag for quick reference on the course is innovative and convenient.
Mari Thompson
Currently Reading:

Post by Mari Thompson »

Susan Ledezma wrote: 20 Mar 2024, 11:36
I don't think that I'm the target audience for this book since I don't play golf, but it would be a useful too for someone who wants to improve or get started. Thank you for the honest review!
Hi Susan! Yes the target audience is golfers. Thanks for reading my review and commenting 🙂
Mari Thompson
Currently Reading:

Post by Mari Thompson »

Nwansimdi Mercy Someze wrote: 20 Mar 2024, 12:00 This book sounds like a practical and accessible resource for golf enthusiasts looking to improve their game. The concept of a compact digital book that can be easily carried in a golf bag for quick reference on the course is innovative and convenient.
Hi Nwansimdi! An example of the book in digital format is having the book downloaded in the kindle app on your phone. Then, the phone can be carried in your golf bag and referenced on the course as needed. Thanks for reading my review and replying 🙂
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 173
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Do You Really Want To Know? by Kate Fraser

Post by Gerry Steen »

I play golf as a hobby now that I am retired. I didn't read the entire book every day for 21 days. Maybe I should have. But, the day before golfing, I would read a section of the book that was most important to me at that time and do the mental exercises. Once on the golf course, I would repeat the procedure before each shot. Visualizing the area that I want to hit the ball to as being ten times the area, and immediately shrinking any negative outcomes in my mind's eye has really helped. I will not become a pro golfer but I am enjoying the game more as I can gain my composure and focus back quickly after a bad shot. :techie-studyinggray:
Mari Thompson
Currently Reading:

Post by Mari Thompson »

Gerry Steen wrote: 22 Mar 2024, 09:53 I play golf as a hobby now that I am retired. I didn't read the entire book every day for 21 days. Maybe I should have. But, the day before golfing, I would read a section of the book that was most important to me at that time and do the mental exercises. Once on the golf course, I would repeat the procedure before each shot. Visualizing the area that I want to hit the ball to as being ten times the area, and immediately shrinking any negative outcomes in my mind's eye has really helped. I will not become a pro golfer but I am enjoying the game more as I can gain my composure and focus back quickly after a bad shot. :techie-studyinggray:
Hi Gerry! That’s great that you are enjoying the game more after reading this book. Thanks for sharing.
Lunar gate
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lunar-gate.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Lunar gate »

That was a clear-cut, precise review. The exercises seem doable. It’s worth a try. Thank you for the review.
RJ Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rj-reviews.html
Latest Review: Jirvania by Jan Anderegg
Reading Device: 1400697484
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 91%

Post by RJ Reviews »

I read another book by this author and loved her writing style. That this book is not only about golf but also takes about self-worth encourages me to pick it up. I loved reading your detailed and insightful review. Thank you.
"The gods grow jealous of too much contentment anywhere, and they show their displeasure all of a sudden.” - R. K. Narayan, Maldudi Days
Mari Thompson
Currently Reading:

Post by Mari Thompson »

Lunar gate wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 04:16 That was a clear-cut, precise review. The exercises seem doable. It’s worth a try. Thank you for the review.
Hi Lunar Gate! The exercises are definitely doable if you have the right tools and motivation. If you golf give them a try. Thanks for reading my review and commenting.
Mari Thompson
Currently Reading:

Post by Mari Thompson »

RJ Reviews wrote: 03 Apr 2024, 22:11 I read another book by this author and loved her writing style. That this book is not only about golf but also takes about self-worth encourages me to pick it up. I loved reading your detailed and insightful review. Thank you.
Hi RJ! I might have also read the authors other book you mentioned. If you golf give this book a try. Thanks for your comment.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”