Review of Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mari Thompson
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mari-thompson.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Review of Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book

Post by Mari Thompson »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book" by Kalliope Barlis.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Play Golf Better Faster: The Golf Bag Book, From Weekend Golfer to Pro Golfer in Two Years by Kalliope Barlis is a 146-page digital book that is meant to be tucked into your golf bag and referenced when you need quick inspiration on the course. Well, that’s after you have read the book once every day for 21 days. The author explains how to use this little book for big results, and that includes giving it a read once every day for 21 days. I’m a very slow reader, and I was able to read this book in one day, so reading it every day for 21 days is doable. You just need to have the drive and motivation for golf that put you in a position to utilize the material in this book the way it was meant to be used.

If you do not take golf seriously or are not trying to make it on the pro circuit, then this book may not be for you. The author claims that “by doing the exercises in the book, your game will dramatically improve.” She also states that the exercises will improve how you think. She guarantees it.

Her methods center around Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP). NLP teaches us how to upgrade how we think by reinforcing the good holographic images that our brains create and diminishing the bad holographic images that our brains create.

By using NLP, the author went from a weekend golfer to a professional golfer in two years.

If you are truly looking to become a better golfer and can invest the time and money into purchasing a fitted set of golf clubs and spend countless hours out on the course trying every golf shot, from every angle, with every club from every spot on the course until you have reinforced only the best shots from all of those positions, then this will be a great book to add to your golf-learning experience.

There are quite a few useful practice diagrams at the end of the book to help with spatial awareness at the tee. New ideas using technology are also presented. An example of this is using Google Maps to look at a course you are going to play from above to get a lay of the land before you even go there.

I give this book three out of five stars. The editing was done fairly well. There were a few typos and one swear word that I came across. I recommend this book to people of any age or religion who want to improve their golf game and have the time, energy, and resources to do so.

Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Runan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-runan.html
Latest Review: The Ultimate Prepared Bug-In Guide by S. Lee
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 150%

Post by Runan »

That was a clear-cut, precise review. The exercises seem doable. One needs to have the will and motivation to improve the game. Following this technique could yield results. It’s worth a try. Thank you for the review.
Runan
Mari Thompson
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Mari Thompson »

Runan wrote: 16 Mar 2024, 15:12 That was a clear-cut, precise review. The exercises seem doable. One needs to have the will and motivation to improve the game. Following this technique could yield results. It’s worth a try. Thank you for the review.
Hi Runan! If you like golf you will like this book. Thanks for reading my review. 🙂
Rob Carr
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rob-carr.html
Latest Review: 5 Systems of Successful People by Scotty Schindler

Post by Rob Carr »

There are very few books I have read twice let alone one I read every day for 21 days. Thanks for the review.
:idea: Rob Carr :idea:
Risper Ouma Lisa Anyango
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-risper-ouma-lisa-anyango.html
Latest Review: Telling Your Story, Developing Your Brand by Henry Wong

Post by Risper Ouma Lisa Anyango »

This book would definitely best be suited for persons who love golf and not just any regular person looking for a fun read. Bad thing is, am not a golfer and I have never even tried golf my whole life, bit may be I will one day
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-murugesan.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Priya Murugesan »

I have just read this book. This book will benefit golf lovers. A very detailed review!
In a world where you can be anything, be kind :)
Mari Thompson
Currently Reading:

Post by Mari Thompson »

Rob Carr wrote: 17 Mar 2024, 01:55 There are very few books I have read twice let alone one I read every day for 21 days. Thanks for the review.
Same here. Thanks for reading my review and commenting 🙂
Mari Thompson
Currently Reading:

Post by Mari Thompson »

Risper Ouma Lisa Anyango wrote: 17 Mar 2024, 07:58 This book would definitely best be suited for persons who love golf and not just any regular person looking for a fun read. Bad thing is, am not a golfer and I have never even tried golf my whole life, bit may be I will one day
Yes it’s definitely a book for people who like golf. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Mari Thompson
Currently Reading:

Post by Mari Thompson »

Priya Murugesan wrote: 17 Mar 2024, 09:12 I have just read this book. This book will benefit golf lovers. A very detailed review!
Thanks for reading and replying to my review.
Cristiano Bellucci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristiano-bellucci.html
Latest Review: The Successful Business Startup Action Guide by Husam S. AlSaleh
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 440%

Post by Cristiano Bellucci »

Thanks Mari, for your review. I enjoyed another book the author wrote about phobia. I am interested in NLP too. Do you think that this book about golf is interesting to learn NLP further, or is it relevant only if you want to improve playing golf?
Book allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today. Mark Zuckerberg.
Renee S
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renee-s.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by Renee S »

I reviewed this book a few months ago. Its concise yet insightful content, practical advice, and focus on neuro-linguistic programming make it a good resource for golfers looking to enhance their game. Thanks for your honest review, Mari.
Mari Thompson
Currently Reading:

Post by Mari Thompson »

Cristiano Bellucci wrote: 18 Mar 2024, 02:48 Thanks Mari, for your review. I enjoyed another book the author wrote about phobia. I am interested in NLP too. Do you think that this book about golf is interesting to learn NLP further, or is it relevant only if you want to improve playing golf?
I think it is only relevant if you want to improve playing golf. Thanks for the book club chat 🙂
Mari Thompson
Currently Reading:

Post by Mari Thompson »

Renee S wrote: 18 Mar 2024, 08:04 I reviewed this book a few months ago. Its concise yet insightful content, practical advice, and focus on neuro-linguistic programming make it a good resource for golfers looking to enhance their game. Thanks for your honest review, Mari.
I agree. Thanks for reading my review and sharing your thoughts.
Sarah Zain
Favorite Book: Wutheing heights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-zain.html
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey

Post by Sarah Zain »

In fact, I don't know much about golf. I probably watched it once or twice, so I think the book is not very suitable for me.But I loved reading your review, it is well detailed, thank you.
Life is hard on its own so let's make it easier for each other if we could.
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey
Mari Thompson
Currently Reading:

Post by Mari Thompson »

Sarah Zain wrote: 19 Mar 2024, 00:30 In fact, I don't know much about golf. I probably watched it once or twice, so I think the book is not very suitable for me.But I loved reading your review, it is well detailed, thank you.
This is definitely a book for people interested in golf. Thank you for taking the time to read my review and comment🙂

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”