Review of Waterworks

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alissa Deann Devargas
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-deann-devargas.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Review of Waterworks

Post by Alissa Deann Devargas »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Waterworks" by Jack Winnick.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Water is life. No living thing can survive without it for a long time. But this book taught me that water can be a weapon too. Since humans are very dependent on it, it could be used against them. The Iranian terrorists in Waterworks, written by Jack Winnick, attacked the water reservoir of Los Angeles in America.

There was this element, polonium. It's not found in nature, but it's produced in a nuclear reactor. It's produced in a small amount and seems harmless since it emits alpha rays until it enters the human system. In a very tiny amount (nanograms), when ingested, polonium destroys the vital organs of the organism. This tiny amount makes it more lethal because it's undetectable. The Russians were the first to use this weapon on an enemy. Delighted, the Iranians tested this weapon in America.

The things secret agents do to protect the country are just too many. Lara wanted to get pregnant with Uri. But their plans didn't work out since the country needed them. They even had to change their appearance to avoid being recognized by the Iranians. This did not just mean dying their hair and changing their looks. They had to change their skin coloring, dye their hair, and make themselves look entirely different. I was also fascinated by the many gadgets and the protocols they used to ensure that their work as spies was successful.

This book was intriguing. I enjoy reading spy stories, and this book did not disappoint. The suspense was top-notch. The action was well-described and fascinating. The characters were brilliant. The terrorists were vicious antagonists. Lara and Uri, despite working separately, were excellent. The ending was satisfying. The plans of the terrorists were foiled each step of the way. There were surprises, but they were pleasant.

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. The exceptional editing of this book made for fluent reading. I found it engaging every step of the way. I recommend this book to those who enjoy reading political thrillers and spy stories.

Waterworks
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Sunday N Florence
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-n-florence.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Sunday N Florence »

The sacrifices and ingenuity of secret agents are vividly portrayed, from altering appearances to utilizing high-tech gadgets. 'Waterworks' delivers a thrilling spy narrative with impeccable suspense, action, and memorable characters, making it a must-read for fans of the genre.
Florence Daniel
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-daniel.html
Latest Review: Somawise by Luke Sniewski

Post by Florence Daniel »

Waterworks" by Jack Winnick sheds light on the sinister potential of water as a weapon, showcasing how Iranian terrorists targeted the water reservoir of Los Angeles, highlighting the vulnerability of societies to such attacks.
Robert Andrew
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-andrew.html
Latest Review: The Foundation for Peace by Patrick J Roelle, Sr. / Mr. Pat

Post by Robert Andrew »

The use of polonium as a lethal weapon, undetectable in tiny amounts, underscores the insidious nature of modern warfare and the lengths to which adversaries will go to inflict harm.
Mark Maxwell 2
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-maxwell-2.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Mark Maxwell 2 »

The sacrifices made by secret agents, like Lara and Uri, to protect their country are portrayed vividly, from abandoning personal plans to undergoing drastic physical transformations, emphasizing the dedication and danger inherent in their line of work.
Dani Elle Ele
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dani-elle-ele.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Dani Elle Ele »

Waterworks' vividly depicts the sacrifices and resourcefulness of secret agents, showcasing their ability to change appearances and employ advanced technology. The book offers an exciting spy story filled with suspense, action, and unforgettable characters, making it essential reading for enthusiasts of the genre.
Kikelomo Awowole
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kikelomo-awowole.html
Latest Review: Prosperity Gospel by Roger Smalling

Post by Kikelomo Awowole »

The employment of deadly polonium weapons, which are undetectable in minute quantities, highlights the sneaky character of contemporary warfare and the extent to which enemies would go in order to cause harm.
Fantastic review
Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malachi-chukwuebuka-nelson.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson »

Nice review you have here. I've read some of the Lara and Uri's series but I haven't read this yet. I'm looking forward to reading it.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”