Review of Sex and the Sixty Something Guy

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Risper Ouma Lisa Anyango
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-risper-ouma-lisa-anyango.html
Latest Review: Telling Your Story, Developing Your Brand by Henry Wong

Review of Sex and the Sixty Something Guy

Post by Risper Ouma Lisa Anyango »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Sex and the Sixty Something Guy" by Mr. X.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Divorce is a common phenomenon in our society, and thousands go through it every day. This means that the two parties who were once married become single and start looking for new partners. In the book, Sex and the Sixty Something Guy by Mr. X, a newly divorced man goes on a quest in search of a new partner and love. He goes on several dates and meets several women. Each woman is different, and he gives us a brief summary of how each date went for him and also gives us his opinion about the women he met.

I enjoyed the author's brutal honesty, which stated facts and depicted how dating really looks out there. He mentions that pictures lie because people post very nice photos online and they look so pretty, but when you meet them in person, they don't look as good as their pictures. He also talks about plastic surgery, and I loved how brutally honest he was about Botox. I have never seen anyone with Botox, but his description of it on someone's face made me understand exactly what it was.

The only thing I didn't like about the book was that Mr. X was so picky about women and rarely gave them a second chance after their first date. This made me feel like he was testing them out just for the sake of meeting them. I felt like this degraded the value he saw in these women.

I, therefore, rate this book 4 out of 5 stars because of the author's brutal honesty, which I enjoyed since he spoke facts. I deducted a star because I didn't enjoy the author's picky nature.

I recommend this book to people who are newly divorced and want to venture into the world of relationships and dating again after a long time. I also recommend this book to people who want to try out online dating so that they can know what to exactly expect when they go out on dates.

Sex and the Sixty Something Guy
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Lunar gate
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lunar-gate.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Lunar gate »

A very nice review ๐Ÿ‘, would live to try the book .it sounds like a fun read
Sarah Zain
Favorite Book: Wutheing heights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-zain.html
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey

Post by Sarah Zain »

Reading a man's perspective on dating after divorce. A good idea, and from your review, I think the author presented it well.. well-written review!
Life is hard on its own so let's make it easier for each other if we could.
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey
RJ Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rj-reviews.html
Latest Review: Jirvania by Jan Anderegg
Reading Device: 1400697484
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 91%

Post by RJ Reviews »

I am not so sure about this book. While I enjoy brutal honesty in terms of the dating scenarios, I am skeptical about it being male perspective only. I absolutely agree with your observation that Mr. X is choosy and his pov can be degrading. Your review does justice to the book. Thank you.
"The gods grow jealous of too much contentment anywhere, and they show their displeasure all of a sudden.โ€ - R. K. Narayan, Maldudi Days
Risper Ouma Lisa Anyango
Currently Reading:

RJ Reviews wrote: โ†‘02 Apr 2024, 21:44 I am not so sure about this book. While I enjoy brutal honesty in terms of the dating scenarios, I am skeptical about it being male perspective only. I absolutely agree with your observation that Mr. X is choosy and his pov can be degrading. Your review does justice to the book. Thank you.
Thank you so much for appreciating my review and also agreeing with me on some aspects
Risper Ouma Lisa Anyango
Currently Reading:

Sarah Zain wrote: โ†‘02 Apr 2024, 10:38 Reading a man's perspective on dating after divorce. A good idea, and from your review, I think the author presented it well.. well-written review!
Yes, it was really well presented and I loved it. Thank you for your comment
Risper Ouma Lisa Anyango
Currently Reading:

Lunar gate wrote: โ†‘29 Mar 2024, 03:14 A very nice review ๐Ÿ‘, would live to try the book .it sounds like a fun read
Yes it's a fun read, please try reading it and I hop that you enjoy it.
Tomy Chandrafrost
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

I always appreciate authors who are straight to the point, especially in a world where people often try to maintain politeness in their speech but sometimes hide the truth. This is an interesting theme, regarding finding a partner after divorce. What a great review.

Return to โ€œVolunteer Reviewsโ€