Review of How to be a SuperStar Salesperson

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jennifer Coxon
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-coxon.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards
2024 Reading Goal: 15
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Re: Review of How to be a SuperStar Salesperson

Post by Jennifer Coxon »

Thanks for your insightful review. I admit, sales scares me, but it is a large part of a lot of people's jobs, and the interpersonal skills required transfer across into many situations. This sounds like a good short impactful book, but as with anything, it relies on the reader to go out and put the theory to work.
Leia Temple
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leia-temple.html
Latest Review: The Very Hungry Beagles Guide to Poop by M. Jackson, Lucky, Mr. Beckham, Peanut

Post by Leia Temple »

I, too, just finished reading this book! It was short and compelling, an ideal choice for people who get distracted easily. I especially loved that you mentioned the author's discussion on encouraging readers to take advantage of the rejections. This was a splendid review, Gerry!
Nwansimdi Mercy Someze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwansimdi-mercy-someze.html
Latest Review: The Advent of Time by Indignus Servus

Post by Nwansimdi Mercy Someze »

The book "How to Be a Superstar Salesperson" by Audri White seems promising for individuals looking to enhance their communication skills and boost sales performance.
Nwansimdi Mercy Someze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwansimdi-mercy-someze.html
Latest Review: The Advent of Time by Indignus Servus

Post by Nwansimdi Mercy Someze »

it appears to offer a practical and step-by-step guide for sales professionals seeking improvement in their communication and sales abilities.
David Gabriel 3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by David Gabriel 3 »

"Dear Gerry Steen, I want to thank you for writing such a wonderful review of the book "How to Be a Superstar Salesperson" by Audri White. Your review provided valuable insights for those interested in pursuing a career in sales or seeking to improve their existing skills. Your review was well-written and informative, and it helped me gain a better understanding of what the book is all about. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and opinions with others. Keep up the good work!"
Bettny Andrade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettny-andrade.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Bettny Andrade »

Gerry Steen wrote: 06 Mar 2024, 15:26 [Following is a volunteer review of "How to be a SuperStar Salesperson" by Audri White.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Are you interested in acquiring skills that will enable you to communicate effectively? Are you a sales professional struggling to make sales? If you answered yes to these questions, would you like a step-by-step guide to improve your communication skills and increase sales? This book, How to Be a Superstar Salesperson by Audri White, contains the game plan.

White outlines the techniques she acquired during her first sales role at Xerox. She credits her rise to the top position in sales in the country to her practice and use of these techniques. These techniques are embodied in two systems that are known by the acronyms CAPI and FAB. It is recommended to practice the techniques in the exact order as they occur in the acronyms to achieve full effectiveness. To use the CAPI system, you connect by having a small-talk conversation with someone, affirm that you share something positive with that person, ask the person to give you permission to discuss a helpful proposal with them, and inform the person of what you have to offer them and how it can benefit them. Once this is done, you ask the person to make an appointment with you to further discuss your proposal. During the appointment, you will use the SPIN technique acronym that stands for situation questions, problem questions, implication questions, and needs-payoff questions. This set of questions can provide you with valuable insights into the services that your potential clients are currently receiving, the challenges they are facing, and how these difficulties are impacting their work and colleagues. Additionally, you can use these questions to gauge whether they are interested in learning more about the benefits that your services can offer to address their issues. This is followed by the FAB technique which presents the features, advantages, and benefits that will persuade potential clients to close a deal with you.

I was impressed by how much concise information was contained in this short book. The book explained sales techniques with case studies showing how to use them when communicating with potential clients. The author stressed the significance of establishing a good relationship with the client, using open-ended questions to encourage them to express themselves, being an attentive listener, and acknowledging that rejection is a natural part of making sales. Additionally, the author suggested that every rejection can be seen as an opportunity to practice and improve one's techniques. The author conveyed confidence in the effectiveness of the techniques with practice and offered reassurance that everything would work out. The writing style of the author was clear, organized, and concise. The editing was excellent, and there was no unnecessary wordiness in the text. I didn't find any errors. I couldn't find any negative aspects in this well-written, reassuring, and confidence-inspiring book. For these reasons, I give this book a rating of 5 out of 5 stars.

How to be a SuperStar Salesperson
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
I love the theme of this reading. I may read this book next time, thank you for doing this review. It would be incredible to be able to improve in sales, since I am a business in the sector.
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 173
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Do You Really Want To Know? by Kate Fraser

Post by Gerry Steen »

Bettny Andrade wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 14:09
Gerry Steen wrote: 06 Mar 2024, 15:26 [Following is a volunteer review of "How to be a SuperStar Salesperson" by Audri White.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Are you interested in acquiring skills that will enable you to communicate effectively? Are you a sales professional struggling to make sales? If you answered yes to these questions, would you like a step-by-step guide to improve your communication skills and increase sales? This book, How to Be a Superstar Salesperson by Audri White, contains the game plan.

White outlines the techniques she acquired during her first sales role at Xerox. She credits her rise to the top position in sales in the country to her practice and use of these techniques. These techniques are embodied in two systems that are known by the acronyms CAPI and FAB. It is recommended to practice the techniques in the exact order as they occur in the acronyms to achieve full effectiveness. To use the CAPI system, you connect by having a small-talk conversation with someone, affirm that you share something positive with that person, ask the person to give you permission to discuss a helpful proposal with them, and inform the person of what you have to offer them and how it can benefit them. Once this is done, you ask the person to make an appointment with you to further discuss your proposal. During the appointment, you will use the SPIN technique acronym that stands for situation questions, problem questions, implication questions, and needs-payoff questions. This set of questions can provide you with valuable insights into the services that your potential clients are currently receiving, the challenges they are facing, and how these difficulties are impacting their work and colleagues. Additionally, you can use these questions to gauge whether they are interested in learning more about the benefits that your services can offer to address their issues. This is followed by the FAB technique which presents the features, advantages, and benefits that will persuade potential clients to close a deal with you.

I was impressed by how much concise information was contained in this short book. The book explained sales techniques with case studies showing how to use them when communicating with potential clients. The author stressed the significance of establishing a good relationship with the client, using open-ended questions to encourage them to express themselves, being an attentive listener, and acknowledging that rejection is a natural part of making sales. Additionally, the author suggested that every rejection can be seen as an opportunity to practice and improve one's techniques. The author conveyed confidence in the effectiveness of the techniques with practice and offered reassurance that everything would work out. The writing style of the author was clear, organized, and concise. The editing was excellent, and there was no unnecessary wordiness in the text. I didn't find any errors. I couldn't find any negative aspects in this well-written, reassuring, and confidence-inspiring book. For these reasons, I give this book a rating of 5 out of 5 stars.

How to be a SuperStar Salesperson
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
I love the theme of this reading. I may read this book next time, thank you for doing this review. It would be incredible to be able to improve in sales, since I am a business in the sector.
I look forward to reading your review of this book. I hope the ideas help you out in the business sector. Good luck!
Joe Muriuki
Currently Reading: Photofinish
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joe-muriuki.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Joe Muriuki »

This is a book I really desire to read. In my own way, I want to be a super salesperson.
Abdullah Fawmi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abdullah-fawmi.html
Latest Review: Fantasy Man by Jean-Michel Desire

Post by Abdullah Fawmi »

It seems that I can learn a lot from this book, considering I'm clueless about sales techniques. And as you said this is a well structured book with lot of helpful information, I'd surely recommend this to the ones in the profession. Thank you for a great review Gerry.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”