Review of Contagion Domination

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Terry Kimble
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Web of Evil
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-terry-kimble.html
Latest Review: "Dumb" Orphans by Allan Low

Review of Contagion Domination

Post by Terry Kimble »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Contagion Domination" by William Nisol.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Don’t be deterred by the brief length (153 pages) of Contagion Domination. This book by William Nisol packs an impactful punch! Readers who enjoy political thrillers will love this rousing fiction. It integrates spies, assassins, power-lusting villains, love, toxic nationalistic fervor, and a worldwide COVID-19 pandemic into this gritty and frightful little novel!

The book was hard to put down because the plot felt eerily plausible. The author uses the real names of some characters known to have played a significant role in creating the real-world COVID-19 virus and directing the pandemic response. No wonder the author chose to use a pseudonym in this publication! His novel is an emotional effluence of shock, horror, fright, and fierce disdain! Although it is not entirely realistic, much of it is bone-chillingly realistic!

This thriller’s condensed length does not lend itself to fully developed characters, but the author supplied enough background to effectuate feelings about them. Some people were likable, while others were not. I was fearfully turning the pages to discover the fates of my favorite characters as many brutal murders ensued.

The story’s primary focus is The People’s Republic of China’s President, Xi Jinping, and his diabolical scheme to coerce the president of the United States, Donald Trump, into lifting his oppressive tariffs imposed on China. Xi also covets military and economic world dominance! Under Xi’s orders, Ma Xiaowei, China’s National Health Minister, is tasked with creating a deadly virus with a lengthy incubation period (for maximum transmission). Xi also wants the antidote and a vaccine under his sole control! Straight away, Ma consults his right-hand man, Dr. Zhou, who hands the top-secret government assignment to his daughter, Zhiaho, a doctor and virologist at the Wuhan Institute of Virology. Neither she nor her father is privy to the nefarious purpose of the assignment, but in her desire to make her father proud, she forges ahead. Aided by her colleague and senior researcher at the lab, Dr. Feng Bo, they work tirelessly to engineer the virus, antidote, and vaccine. Will they succeed in giving China’s president control of the deadly virus along with its antidote, vaccine, and world domination? You can find out in this fast-paced thriller!

There was nothing I disliked about this book. It was a quick read, and the flawless editing allowed the narrative to flow smoothly. The author presents a gripping tale and leaves no loose ends. Therefore, I give it 5 out of 5 stars!

Contagion Domination depicts violent scenes suitable for adults only. It contains minimally mild profanity and no sexual references.

Contagion Domination
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Cristiano Bellucci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristiano-bellucci.html
Latest Review: The Successful Business Startup Action Guide by Husam S. AlSaleh
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 440%

Post by Cristiano Bellucci »

Thanks for your review, Terry. It seems a great thriller that you want to read all at once. I will add to my list.
Book allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today. Mark Zuckerberg.
Claudia Angelucci
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claudia-angelucci.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Claudia Angelucci »

Thank you for the great review, Terry. It was a pleasure to read. It seems like a very original contemporary historical thriller. I'm looking forward to reviewing this book when I get the chance. Have a great day!
Sarah Zain
Favorite Book: Wutheing heights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-zain.html
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey

Post by Sarah Zain »

A book inspired by what is happening mixed with the imagination of its author, which makes it an exciting read. Your review shows that you enjoyed reading the book. Great review
Life is hard on its own so let's make it easier for each other if we could.
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey
Lunar gate
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lunar-gate.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Lunar gate »

The review paints the book as bone-chillingly realistic. Thank you, Terry, for the nice review. I enjoyed reading it, much like how the book seems like an easy read for you.
RJ Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rj-reviews.html
Latest Review: Jirvania by Jan Anderegg
Reading Device: 1400697484
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 91%

Post by RJ Reviews »

Political thrillers aren't my things. But your review is so well written and it certainly makes one interested in the book. The short length makes it a perfect afternoon read. I really appreciate your detailed and honest review of this interesting book.
"The gods grow jealous of too much contentment anywhere, and they show their displeasure all of a sudden.” - R. K. Narayan, Maldudi Days
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 173
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Do You Really Want To Know? by Kate Fraser

Post by Gerry Steen »

This book is perfect for me. I like shorter novels. A fiction novel that uses real names of people in power is a gutsy move by an author. My interest is piqued by the fact that the plot of this book is based on the events we all lived through from early 2020 to today. :techie-studyinggray:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”