Review of The Book of Moncoto

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jeremie Mondejar
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: Plan To Profit by Chuck Miller

Review of The Book of Moncoto

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Book of Moncoto" by Mosetta Penick Phillips-Cermak, Ph.D..]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Dawn wants to navigate the lake alone, but her Nana will always interfere. Dawn Marie Baxter is an only child who oftentimes spends time with her grandma Nana. They navigate Lake Superior with their ship called the Invincible Princess. One day, tremendous events happened that made them both land on the Laven Moors in the magical land of K’biradon. They experienced how magic works in their new world; however, Nana was limp, which made Dawn search for a cure.

Dawn loves the stories of Gathar, especially the story about the Silver Fish. She is motivated to find the Silver Fish because of Nana's injury. Will Dawn be able to find the Silver Fish? Will they both go back to their old homes? Find out what will happen on Dawn's adventure in this book by Mosetta Penick Phillips-Cermak, Ph.D. entitled The Book of Moncoto.

This is the only book so far I have read multiple times because I love to imagine Dawn's adventure. I like the plot and the setting of the story, which will make the readers of science fiction glued to reading this book. Yes, it talks about magic, but the magical concept has a way of teaching teenagers the best thing in life. The best example is how Dawn takes the courage to unite the two groups, Ursula’s side and the Atrox group, to find their precious ones.

I was attracted to the author's plot about the different types of families here, whether it's about the human family or animals. Those families being portrayed in the stories are quite related in the community where I'm residing, to which I can relate. Next, the upbringing of Nana reminds me of how to raise my own children, especially when dealing with mistakes. Lastly, I admire the friendship between Dawn, Mega, and La-Primera.

There's a minor issue of spelling mistakes that I like least, but it doesn't hinder my rating of 5 out of 5 stars. I enjoyed reading the book. I got excited to know Dawn's adventure, especially on her quest to make things right.

Dawn had a wonderful adventure in search of the Silver Fish that will make science-fiction lovers of any age excited to read this book. Those who like zodiac signs will appreciate this book, too. There are several lessons to learn from this book while reading it, like the importance of family, children's upbringing, and friendship.

The Book of Moncoto
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Jeremie
Official Reviewer Representative

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
majd madani
Currently Reading: It Strikes Again
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by majd madani »

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”