Review of 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition)

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
John Owen
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Baggage
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-owen.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 123%

Review of 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition)

Post by John Owen »

[Following is a volunteer review of "30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition)" by Mark Kingston Levin PhD.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD, is a science fiction novel that centers on Jennifer Hero, a leader from the future with a mission to alter the course of humanity by preventing a dystopian outcome. Equipped with advanced knowledge and skills, Jennifer finds herself navigating the complexities of survival, leadership, and moral dilemmas in a time that is not her own. The plot unfolds with Jennifer preparing for a perilous time-travel mission aimed at saving humanity. As the narrative progresses, it becomes evident that her journey is not just about the mission but also about personal transformation. Stranded in the past, specifically in the 21st century, Jennifer grapples with her identity, responsibilities, and the emotional turmoil stemming from her past losses and the weight of her mission.

This is a really captivating read, intricately weaving themes of time travel, adventure, and personal growth. Key elements of the story include Jennifer's ability to adapt to her new surroundings, her interactions with individuals from the 21st century, and the development of significant relationships, notably with Marty, Alice, and a young girl named Kyoko. Put together, this connection between the characters and plot blends seamlessly, making for an enjoyable read.

The most captivating scene to me is the one involving Jennifer and Kyoko's adventure in the Polynesian Islands, where they become trapped in a cave following an earthquake. They struggle for survival and rescue and also make some archaeological discoveries, and the whole scene is really suspenseful and exciting. The novel wonderfully blends adventure, science fiction, and historical intrigue in not only this scene but many others throughout. Being the main character of the book, the narrative is heavy on Jennifer's personal growth, her reflections on her past and her mission, and her interactions with the characters she meets. Even despite the focus on her, the narrative is still rich and multifaceted.

Just a side note but still worth mentioning, the book emphasizes environmental and cultural preservation, highlighting the importance of preserving the environment and cultural heritage. It also incorporates archaeological discoveries and historical insights, enriching the narrative and adding a layer of intellectual intrigue to the overall story. I rate the book 5 out of 5 stars. I found nothing to criticize, but there are a few minor errors.

30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Harmony in chaos. It's all a matter of perspective.
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: The Mothers
Bookshelf Size: 2401
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

I don't care much about sci-fi, but I like the fact that the book focuses on cultural and environmental preservation. I also think seeing Jennifer trying to navigate our time period when she comes from the future could provide an interesting perspective of our society and even some funny occurrences. Thank you for your review.
Shanna Campbell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Shanna Campbell »

Hi, John.
Your review of "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD, is very insightful without giving away any major plot points and twists. (Thank you for that!) I'm not a big fan sci-fi books - ideally, I like them, especially since I like sci-fi movies and shows, but books have never really hit the mark for me. The synopsis of "30th Century: Escape" caught my attention and seemed intriguing, but your review has definitely made me want to read it!
Azaz Raja
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azaz-raja.html
Latest Review: Jirvania by Jan Anderegg

Post by Azaz Raja »

This review beautifully captures the essence of "30th Century: Escape," highlighting its engaging plot, rich character development, and thematic depth. The adventurous journey of Jennifer Hero, coupled with the novel's emphasis on environmental and cultural preservation, makes it a compelling read for science fiction enthusiasts and those interested in thought-provoking narratives. Overall, a captivating exploration of time travel, personal growth, and the complexities of human nature. Loved your insights on it. Thanks for the review.
Leen282
Currently Reading: Live Your Life of Abundance
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leen282.html
Latest Review: Beautifully Scarred by Cewanda Todd

Post by Leen282 »

I like the use of common names, also in science fiction stories. The idea of time travel, where our current time is actually the setting in the past, is intriguing. The message of environmental and cultural preservation is one that appeals to me.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

A science fiction novel that includes historical and environmental elements developed between the present and future to offer food for thought about preserving our planet before something really bad happens leading us to a dystopic future. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Rebecca De Figueiredo
Favorite Book: Sent to Watch
Currently Reading: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebecca-de-figueiredo.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Rebecca De Figueiredo »

A very good concise review by Mark Kingston. He’s grasped the storyline well and creates a good reason to read this book. I commend the book, as Mark mentions, for its environmental aspect.
obiri diepreye
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by obiri diepreye »

I like the fact that Jennifer finds herself navigating the complexities of survival leadership and moral dilemmas in a time that is not hers for she to travel to the 21st century just to save the humanity, she really was an hero as mark Kingston as review it is a very nice book
Orji cyril Kaluokoro
Currently Reading: Photofinish
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Orji cyril Kaluokoro »

30th Century: Escape is a science fiction novel by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD, that follows Jennifer Hero, a future leader with a mission to save humanity from a dystopian future. With advanced knowledge and skills, Jennifer navigates survival, leadership, and moral dilemmas in a time not her own. The story unfolds as she prepares for a perilous time-travel mission, focusing on personal transformation and navigating her identity, responsibilities, and emotional turmoil.
The novel is captivating, weaving themes of time travel, adventure, and personal growth. Key elements include Jennifer's ability to adapt to her new surroundings, her interactions with 21st-century individuals, and the development of significant relationships, particularly with Marty, Alice, and a young girl named Kyoko. The connection between characters and plot blends seamlessly, making for an enjoyable read.
The most captivating scene is the one involving Jennifer and Kyoko's adventure in the Polynesian Islands, where they become trapped in a cave following an earthquake. They struggle for survival and rescue, making archaeological discoveries, and making suspenseful and exciting scenes. The novel emphasizes environmental and cultural preservation, incorporating archaeological discoveries and historical insights to enrich the narrative and add intellectual intrigue.
As the main character, the narrative is rich and multifaceted, with nothing to criticize, but minor errors. Overall, 30th Century: Escape is a captivating read with a 5 out of 5 rating.
Orji cyril Kaluokoro
Currently Reading: Photofinish
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Orji cyril Kaluokoro »

30th Century: Escape is a science fiction novel by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD, that follows Jennifer Hero, a future leader with a mission to save humanity from a dystopian future. With advanced knowledge and skills, Jennifer navigates survival, leadership, and moral dilemmas in a time not her own. The story unfolds as she prepares for a perilous time-travel mission, focusing on personal transformation and navigating her identity, responsibilities, and emotional turmoil.
The novel is captivating, weaving themes of time travel, adventure, and personal growth. Key elements include Jennifer's ability to adapt to her new surroundings, her interactions with 21st-century individuals, and the development of significant relationships, particularly with Marty, Alice, and a young girl named Kyoko. The connection between characters and plot blends seamlessly, making for an enjoyable read.
The most captivating scene is the one involving Jennifer and Kyoko's adventure in the Polynesian Islands, where they become trapped in a cave following an earthquake. They struggle for survival and rescue, making archaeological discoveries, and making suspenseful and exciting scenes. The novel emphasizes environmental and cultural preservation, incorporating archaeological discoveries and historical insights to enrich the narrative and add intellectual intrigue.
As the main character, the narrative is rich and multifaceted, with nothing to criticize, but minor errors. Overall, 30th Century: Escape is a captivating read with a 5 out of 5 rating.
Jorge Leon Salazar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jorge-leon-salazar.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Jorge Leon Salazar »

I had the opportunity to read this book and found it suitable for lovers of sci-fi and time travel. But it includes a lot of romance and eroticism. Certainly the connection between the characters and the plot makes for an enjoyable read. In addition to the emphasis on environmental and cultural preservation, it includes excellent descriptions of French Polynesia.
Chitra Ayengar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chitra-ayengar.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Chitra Ayengar »

Jennifer along with her team are in a mission to save humanity. But she has a hidden agenda onfhe own. While the other team members go to 27th century Jennifer travels back to 2015. The story covers how she adapts to her new surroundings making friends trying to adapt to their life. An intriguing read.
Able Enyienyi
Currently Reading: "Dumb" Orphans
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Able Enyienyi »

An intriguing sci-fi book which highlights more about the protagonist's, Jennifer Hero's, time-travel mission from a chthonian future to the present 21st century. Showcasing the prerequisite for survival, leadership, and moral challenges, Jennifer's adventure deals with rip-roaring activities. This book is a very recommendable piece and quite an interesting at that .I will definitely recommend it to anyone
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 760
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Life at the Precipice by R.F. Vincent

Post by Bertha Jackson »

A story that provides a glimpse of what our environment will be like in the future is intriguing. Thank you for your review.
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Sarah Zain
Favorite Book: Wutheing heights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-zain.html
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey

Post by Sarah Zain »

The story draws more than one story line between time travel and adventure, in addition to the idea of ​​preserving the environment. The book encourages reading. The review is well detailed showing the different aspects of the book. Congrats on BOTD
Life is hard on its own so let's make it easier for each other if we could.
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”