Review of 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition)

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Abraham Ozo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abraham-ozo.html
Latest Review: From GED to PhD by Barbara Crump

Re: Review of 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition)

Post by Abraham Ozo »

30th Century: Escape is a science fiction novel that centers on Jennifer Hero. It is a captivating read about time travel, and adventure. Congrats on BOTD.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3049
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Duck Blinds I Have Known by Donny McElvoy

Post by Kibet Hillary »

I am glad that one of the themes of the book is cultural and environmental preservation; this is an important issue everywhere. I cannot wait to see the historical insights included in the book. Above all. the story itself sounds fascinating and the events really incredible. I am wondering how they eventually got rescued when they got trapped. It is one of the many reasons to read the book. Thanks for the review.
:tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat:
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Rahul Singh 29
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rahul-singh-29.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 33%

Post by Rahul Singh 29 »

What if you had the power to travel back in time and change the course of history? What if you decided to escape to a different era instead? This is the dilemma faced by Jennifer Hero, the protagonist of 30th Century: Escape, a science fiction novel by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD. Congrats on #BOTD!
Life is a play where we are the actors and the audience, We laugh and cry, love and hate, create and destroy,
We seek to know ourselves and others, to belong and to be free, We accept what we can and change what we must.
MMcB
Favorite Book: Island of Missing Trees
Currently Reading: The Elephant(s) in the Room
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmcb.html
Latest Review: Ungraduated by Ken Hannaman
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by MMcB »

You have to love a book that has a protagonist named Jennifer Hero! Combining science fiction action including time travel and cultural and environmental preservation makes "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD a must-read if you are interested in saving the world.
If you're going through hell, keep going.
~ Sir Winston Churchill
Utami Dewi
Currently Reading: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Utami Dewi »

Looks like an interesting read, a science fiction novel about Jennifer Hero who struggle to survive amidst her mission to time travel into the past in order to save humanity, which eventually lead to her personal growth. Not only Jennifer's adventurous journey to the past, 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition), written by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD, also focuses on cultural and environmental preservation which intrigue me to read the novel. Thank you for sharing your insight on the novel.
Rezaul Hasan
Currently Reading: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rezaul-hasan.html
Latest Review: Trinities to Enneagrams, 2nd Edition by Allen David Young

Post by Rezaul Hasan »

Mark Kingston's "30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition)" A fascinating voyage into a world where technology is king is provided by Levin PhD. Readers are immersed in a world of sophisticated AI and authoritarian rule through the eyes of the protagonist, Tom Smith, which encourages contemplation on the nature of mankind and the ethics of automation. Action and provocative issues are expertly balanced in Levin's story to keep readers interested—both new and devoted sci-fi enthusiasts. This version is still deep and exciting, but it's still approachable, making it a must-read for everyone interested in the relationship between technology and society.
Loniya Chabili Mubanga
Currently Reading: The sea keepers daughter
Bookshelf Size: 254
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loniya-chabili-mubanga.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Loniya Chabili Mubanga »

I would enjoy reading about Jennifer's adventure and about the personal growth she undergoes as she's trying to save the world. Who better to save humanity than someone from the future right? Sci-fi is one of my favorite reading genres so I appreciate that this book contains time travel, as well as historical elements. I also love that it also puts an importance on environmental and cultural preservation, it's a great way to bring to attention the cause and potentially preserve culture.
I'm here for a good time, not a long time. Yolo!
Patel Khushi Manishbhai
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Markus Zusak
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: To the Lighthouse
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patel-khushi-manishbhai.html
Latest Review: Send Her Back and Other Stories by Munashe Kaseke
fav_author_id: 2540

Post by Patel Khushi Manishbhai »

Shh! Listen! Someone’s coming! I think — I think it might be us!

J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

I have read and reviewed the book but found it lacking some crucial aspects of a worthwhile novel. The narration was poor, the conversations felt stiff and unrealistic.
Atleast the storyline was unique.
Ni_weh_sesh62
Lenah Mutuma
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Lenah Mutuma »

Sci-fi books, for some reason, are always enticing. It would be intriguing finding out more about the future and the struggles faced by Jennifer Hero and also how she participates in preserving the culture and environment in today's world. All in all, thanks for the review.
Huini Hellen
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Conversing with Various Entities
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-huini-hellen.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Huini Hellen »

This appears to be a well research book whose archeological information would benefit readers interested in anthropology. Thank you for the review.
The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting. The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way. - Marcus Aurelius
Sandeep Moses
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandeep-moses.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Sandeep Moses »

I want to know more about Jennifer and Kyoko's adventures in the Polynesian Islands. That sounds so fun and exciting. Another factor that caught my attention was the book shedding importance on environmental and cultural preservation. Thank you for the insightful review. Congrats on BOTD!
sanjeev maurya
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanjeev-maurya.html
Latest Review: Quantitative Research Made Easy by Claude Phiri

Post by sanjeev maurya »

Your review of "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD, has certainly piqued my interest! The blend of science fiction, adventure, and personal growth sounds captivating, especially with Jennifer Hero's journey and the intricacies of her mission and relationships. The scene you described in the Polynesian Islands sounds particularly thrilling, adding depth to the narrative.

I appreciate your mention of the book's emphasis on environmental and cultural preservation, as well as its incorporation of historical insights. These elements seem to add a layer of depth and relevance to the story, making it more than just a typical science fiction adventure.

Overall, your review has painted a compelling picture of the book, and I'm eager to dive into Jennifer Hero's world and discover the complexities of her mission and personal transformation. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this intriguing read!
Elizabeth-Tush4Christ
Currently Reading: Photofinish
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizabeth-tush4christ.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 33%

Post by Elizabeth-Tush4Christ »

The book looks into the future and present sharing Jeniffer's adventure with readers, it's not a book that will interest me but this review is captivating and shows the book contains interesting stories and events. Thank you for such a great review.
Dan Polumbric
Currently Reading: The Return of the Knights
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dan-polumbric.html
Latest Review: The Vine by Adria L. Dunn

Post by Dan Polumbric »

Thank you for explaining this book's many angles and plotlines. The plot doesn't only centre on scifi 30th century epic conflict, or the main character's personal side quest with time travel. These are both important to the story to explain where the character comes from, but the story progresses towards her unexpectedly trying to save 21st century Earth from environmental damage. The use of history and geography to enhance this theme makes the book more relevant to our timeline.
Chinedum Chijioke
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinedum-chijioke.html
Latest Review: The Fairy Tale of Peckham Rye Park by MeM Tekari

Post by Chinedum Chijioke »

What a captivating and innovative exploration of transformation, personal growth, and the intriguing concept of time-travel! I was particularly drawn to the environmentally conscious themes woven throughout the narrative, as the characters demonstrate a profound desire to protect and preserve the natural world.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”