Review of 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition)

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Yahya Amir Anwer
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Bookshelf Size: 6
2024 Reading Goal: 10
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Re: Review of 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition)

Post by Yahya Amir Anwer »

A science fiction book with environmental and historical components that is set between the present and the future to encourage contemplation about protecting the environment before a catastrophic event sends us into a dystopian future. I appreciate your kind review.
Lorna Philip Enslin
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Favorite Book: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Currently Reading: Good Not Hate
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorna-philip-enslin.html
Latest Review: The Final Keystone by John Kevin Crowley
Reading Device: 1Device
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Lorna Philip Enslin »

Thank you for a thorough review. '3oth Century Escape' by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD, is a science fiction novel that centres on Jennifer Hero a leader from the future with a mission to alter the course of humanity by preventing a dystopian outcome. The plot unfolds with Jennifer preparing for a difficult time-travel mission to save humanity, Congrats on #BOTD.
Tejas Koli
Favorite Book: Alice In Dreamland
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tejas-koli.html
Latest Review: Blood Vengeance by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 110%

Post by Tejas Koli »

"30th Century: Escape" sounds like an absolutely thrilling and thought-provoking science fiction journey! 🚀 I'm intrigued by Jennifer Hero's mission to alter humanity's future and her personal transformation along the way. The blend of time travel, adventure, and personal growth seems captivating, especially with the intricately woven plot and well-developed characters like Marty, Alice, and Kyoko. The Polynesian Islands adventure sounds particularly riveting, adding suspense and historical intrigue to the narrative. I appreciate the book's emphasis on environmental and cultural preservation, making it not only entertaining but also socially relevant. Thanks for sharing your insightful review—I'll definitely be adding this book to my reading list!
Mayang Bature
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 297
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayang-bature.html
Latest Review: Living Intentionally by Viterose Van huis

Post by Mayang Bature »

This sounds like a very adventurous story. I wonder if Jennifer would succeed in saving humanity in this time. Congrats on botd!!
As long as there is a concept of victors, the vanquished will always exist.

~Uchiha M.
Dorothy Wanjohi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Dorothy Wanjohi »

"Your insightful review of '30th Century: Escape' truly captures the essence of Mark Kingston Levin's gripping narrative. I particularly appreciated your attention to the intricate character development of Jennifer Hero and the seamless blending of science fiction and personal growth throughout the story. Your mention of the captivating scene in the Polynesian Islands resonated with me, showcasing the novel's ability to balance suspenseful adventure with deeper themes. Moreover, your recognition of the book's emphasis on environmental and cultural preservation adds another layer of appreciation for its intellectual depth. Your review eloquently encapsulates the essence of the novel, and I wholeheartedly agree with your 5-star rating. Well done!"
Sakshi A Soni
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sakshi-a-soni.html
Latest Review: Unyielding Destiny by Spiros Gratsias (author of Unyielding Destiny)

Post by Sakshi A Soni »

"30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD, is a captivating science fiction novel that follows Jennifer Hero, a leader from the future on a mission to alter humanity's fate. Levin intricately weaves together themes of time travel, adventure, and personal growth, with Jennifer's journey of self-discovery driving the narrative forward. The novel's rich character development, particularly Jennifer's evolution and her relationships with Marty, Alice, and Kyoko, adds depth to the story. Levin skillfully integrates themes of environmental and cultural preservation, enhancing the narrative's intellectual intrigue. Overall, "30th Century: Escape" is a riveting masterpiece that earns a well-deserved 5 out of 5 stars, leaving readers eagerly anticipating Levin's next literary venture.
Tars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 352

Post by Tars »

Seriously, can't wait to read it! Love the sci-fi genre, love time travel, love it when the story explores theories based on real science and not some nonsense. Archeology is always a bonus! What gives me a slight pause is the reported over the top erotism. I hope it will not spoil the reading, so congrats on BOTD!
Martina Sette
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martina-sette.html
Latest Review: Involuntary Reroute by Robert Laney
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 123%

Post by Martina Sette »

Some parts of the book were nice, but I didn't like it that much. Howhever, I liked some topics such as time travelling, adventure, and personal growth.
Bithiah
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Mitzi Perdue
Currently Reading: A God-Balanced Life
Bookshelf Size: 425
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bithiah.html
Latest Review: Developing Resilience by Penny Christian Knight
fav_author_id: 240516

Post by Bithiah »

According to the reviewer, this book is a science fiction tale that revolves around Jennifer Hero, a future leader tasked with changing human history by averting a catastrophic conclusion. The book does a fantastic job of combining historical intrigue, science fiction, and adventure. As the reviewer has mentioned, this book appears to be interesting. Eager to get started on this one. I appreciate your thoughtful assessment. Congratulations on BOTD, author.
Enjani Matendeko
Currently Reading: Nightlord
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enjani-matendeko.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Enjani Matendeko »

I like stories about time travel. I'm most interested to know how Jennifer saved mankind, how it changed her personality and the relationship she has with other characters.
Chad Anthony
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chad-anthony.html
Latest Review: Delightful Hands by Andrew Pace

Post by Chad Anthony »

This review paints a vivid picture of "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD. The blend of time travel, adventure, and personal growth intrigues me—I'm definitely adding this to my reading list!
Omobolanle Savage
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-savage.html
Latest Review: Death is the limit by Aggrey Mokone

Post by Omobolanle Savage »

The intricate narrative and character development, especially Jennifer's journey and her relationships with Marty, Alice, and Kyoko, make this book sound like a compelling read. The scene in the Polynesian Islands adds a thrilling element to the story.
Tal Chen
Currently Reading: Now or Never
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tal-chen.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
2024 Reading Goal: 10
2024 Goal Completion: 120%

Post by Tal Chen »

As I child, I used to always fantasise about time travel, the future and adventure. Thank you for your review. Looking forward to add this book to my list and read it.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: The Tainted Jade by Richard Blaine

Post by Veronica Hunter »

30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD, is a riveting sci-fi adventure that skillfully explores themes of time travel and personal transformation. Jennifer Hero's journey is both captivating and thought-provoking, drawing readers into a world filled with danger, intrigue, and moral complexity.
Francis Kapola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-kapola.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Francis Kapola »

The blend of time travel, personal growth, and environmental themes created a truly immersive experience. Levin's attention to detail, especially in the Polynesian Islands scene, had me on the edge of my seat, feeling every moment of suspense and excitement.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”