Review of 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition)

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Reva Parker
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Life
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 481
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reva-parker.html
Latest Review: Dear Abigail by Richard Rees

Re: Review of 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition)

Post by Reva Parker »

Thank you for your informative review. I'm glad you liked the book so well. I'm not a fan of sci-fi even if they end up coming back to our time. I'm glad there are other positives to learn from in the book and hopefully many who enjoy this genre will be glad to read it.
Gayatri Tripathi
Favorite Book: E M P Honeymoon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gayatri-tripathi.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 13%

Post by Gayatri Tripathi »

Thank you for sharing your insightful review of "30th Century: Escape." It sounds like a compelling blend of science fiction, adventure, and personal growth, with Jennifer's journey through time offering not only excitement but also thought-provoking reflections on identity and responsibility. The incorporation of environmental and cultural preservation themes adds depth to the narrative, making it even more engaging. Your description of the scene in the Polynesian Islands piques my interest—I can't wait to dive into this captivating story!
todwyer01
Currently Reading: From the Fatherland with love
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-todwyer01.html

Post by todwyer01 »

From a sampling, this seems like an interesting science fiction story following Jennifer Hero, who must travel back in time to save humanity, but when she is stranded in the past, how will she get back home? It might be worth a second look. Well done.
Jennifer Coxon
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-coxon.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards

Post by Jennifer Coxon »

The issue of synthetic beings vs natural beings appears to come up quite often in dystopian sci-fi novels. However, going back in time to resolve the issue is a new one for me. I would be interested in the interactions between the characters who lived 9 centuries apart.
Ukaegbu Confidence
Favorite Author: Jaide Harley
Favorite Book: The Elder series
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ukaegbu-confidence.html
Latest Review: The Virulence by James C. Hendee
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 5%

Post by Ukaegbu Confidence »

"30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin seems to have an awesome plot; however, I'm not a fan of this genre. The idea of time travel does not excite me. Congratulations on BOTD.
MARTHA UGOCHI ASOGWA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martha-ugochi-asogwa.html
Latest Review: Beating Death (resubmission) by Sean O’Banion

Post by MARTHA UGOCHI ASOGWA »

The book offers a captivating blend of time travel, adventure, and inner development. Central to the story are Jennifer's adaptability to her new environment, her interactions with individuals from the 21st century, and the forging of meaningful relationships, particularly with Marty, Alice, and a young girl named Kyoko. The seamless integration of character dynamics and plot progression creates an engaging and rewarding reading experience, drawing readers into a world where the personal journeys of the characters intertwine with the larger mission at hand. Great review.
loraromney45
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loraromney45.html
Latest Review: Mimsy by Don Blossom

Post by loraromney45 »

I don't really enjoy reading genres of sci-fi, this book sounds like a good read though! I enjoy how she not only seeks to save humanity but is going through her own transformation as well.
Latest Review: Mimsy by Don Blossom
Sky Revews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sky-revews.html
Latest Review: Magi Apprentice by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Sky Revews »

The most touching aspect is probably the relationship that starts between the two time travelers. What contrasts with the race-against-time action is the romance between the two characters. Congrats on #BOTD!
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1910
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: 30th Century: Escape' by Mark Kingston Levin highlights the important points of the science fiction narrative. It presents the remarkable features of the author's work. The point that the book centers around Jennifer Hero, a leader from the future with a mission to alter the course of humanity by preventing a dystopian outcome is worth mentioning in the review. The story unfolds with Jennifer preparing for a time travel mission aimed at saving humanity. Also, as mentioned in the review, her journey is not just about the mission but also about personal transformation. Learning that the book emphasizes environmental and cultural preservation, and incorporates archeological discoveries and cultural insights was great!
Saliha Hussain
Currently Reading: How To Be Successful In Life
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saliha-hussain.html
Latest Review: Jirvania by Jan Anderegg

Post by Saliha Hussain »

Wow, what a review! You totally nailed the essence of "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD. It sounds like you were completely hooked by the blend of time travel, adventure, and personal growth. That scene with Jennifer and Kyoko in the Polynesian Islands sounds like a wild ride! And it's awesome how the book shines a light on environmental and cultural preservation too. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Amanda Brouillette Gladden
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-brouillette-gladden.html
Latest Review: The Adventurers of Uncle Billy & Ross by Solon Phillips, Esq.

Post by Amanda Brouillette Gladden »

I'm not a sci-fi fan necessarily but I think I would absolutely enjoy this book. I love the concept of our now being someone's past. I also like how personal growth is added to the story the line. I feel adding depth to character, makes it much easier to stay captivated by the story.
Rodel Barnachea
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

I am fascinated by the protagonist's mission to alter the course of humanity in order to prevent a dystopian outcome and intrigued as to whether the main character would be successful in doing so.
Misael Carlos
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Misael Carlos »

I’m looking forward to digging into this novel to find out how Jennifer Hero, a leader from the future, in preventing the earth from a dystopian outcome and alter in the process her own personal transformation.
Stephen Christopher 1
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: Photofinish
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-christopher-1.html
Latest Review: Sh*t Happens by Gavin L James.
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 44%

Post by Stephen Christopher 1 »

Sci-fi stories about dystopian futures are popular right now. The time travel storyline of this one appeals to me, so based on your 5-star rating, I'm going to read this; thanks.
Naomi Thobolo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Naomi Thobolo »

The 30th century: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD is a sci-fi adventure, even though Im not a huge fan of sci adventure, I would say that this is a good read as it shows us how Jennifer Hero goes on a mission to change humanity's fate. As such I am going to dig in and read it further.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”