Review of East Wind, 2nd Edition

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Aurora Benjamin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aurora-benjamin.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd Edition by Jack Winnick

Review of East Wind, 2nd Edition

Post by Aurora Benjamin »

[Following is a volunteer review of "East Wind, 2nd Edition" by Jack Winnick.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In "East Wind, 2nd Edition," the suspenseful tale unfolds as Uri, a former Mossad agent, connects a series of murders to his childhood friend Hakim, sparking a pursuit with his agents and a message left for Hezbollah. The plot thickens when Uri discovers cryptic papers with the word "opera," leading to a CIA agent, Lara, decoding the message and revealing Hezbollah's sinister plans. Faced with a ticking clock, Lara and Uri must thwart the organization's bombings and mass murders. I indeed express my captivation with the book's narrative, praising the author's adept intertwining of suspense and action. The emotional impact of terrorist acts, especially the brutal murder of innocent children, is vividly portrayed, raising questions about the perpetrators' fate in the afterlife and emphasizing the horrors of terrorism.

Jack Winnick's fictional novel captivates readers with its vivid descriptions, lending an air of authenticity to the depicted incidents. The narrative delves into the unsettling recruitment methods of terrorist sects, exemplified through characters like Walid and Hossain. The book prompts contemplation on the potential paths these intelligent individuals might have taken if not ensnared by extremist groups. Amidst the darkness, the book highlights the positive dynamic between Lara and Uri, praising their honest and professional collaboration.

My favorite characters are Lara and Uri because of their strong collaboration, honesty, and professionalism throughout the gripping narrative.

There is nothing I dislike about the book. The engaging plot, the portrayal of military volunteers defending against threats, and the thorough descriptions that make fictional events feel real in this book make it exceptional. The book is exceptionally well edited; no errors are found in it. For the following reasons, I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars.

I recommend this book to adults, teenagers, and fiction fans who appreciate action-packed narratives. They will find it captivating and educational.

East Wind, 2nd Edition
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amanda Kenneth
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-kenneth.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Amanda Kenneth »

"East Wind, 2nd Edition" follows former Mossad agent Uri as he unravels a series of murders tied to his childhood friend Hakim, leading to a pursuit with Hezbollah. With the help of CIA agent Lara, they decode cryptic messages to thwart terrorist plots, vividly portraying the emotional impact of terrorism.
Anthony Ambrose
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-ambrose.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Anthony Ambrose »

East Wind, 2nd Edition" delivers a gripping narrative of espionage and intrigue as former Mossad agent Uri races against time to unravel a terrorist plot orchestrated by his childhood friend Hakim.
Esther Unurhie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-unurhie.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Esther Unurhie »

The review effectively highlights the suspenseful and captivating nature of East Wind, 2nd Edition,' showcasing how the author skillfully weaves together intrigue, action, and emotional depth to keep readers engaged.
obinna Sharon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obinna-sharon.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by obinna Sharon »

Nice book. I'm looking forward to reading more of the Lara and Uri's installment. Thanks for this fantastic review.
Elendu Treasure
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elendu-treasure.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Elendu Treasure »

In order to keep readers interested, the author deftly balances mystery, action, and emotional depth in East Wind, 2nd Edition, as the review deftly illustrates the book's gripping and exciting elements.
Florence Daniel
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-daniel.html
Latest Review: The Tiger's Eye by Scott Delaney

Post by Florence Daniel »

The author's skillful weaving of suspense and action kept me on the edge of my seat throughout 'East Wind, 2nd Edition.' The intricate plot, coupled with the emotional depth portrayed, made for an utterly captivating read.
Kelvin Suraj
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Kelvin Suraj »

It's been long I read this book. Thanks for bringing this back to my memory. Your review was well written and Informative.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”