Review of Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anozie Stephanie
Currently Reading: Summer's Promise
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anozie-stephanie.html
Latest Review: life.............connected by jacksel

Review of Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast

Post by Anozie Stephanie »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast" by Kalliope Barlis.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Play Golf Better Faster: The classic guide to optimizing your performance and building your best fast is a book written by Kalliope Barlis, and she speaks about how she became a pro in golf in two years and the steps she took to make that possible.
Being a pro in golf means your ability to improve more than you were the day before, your ability to think and take action. It is said that through our thoughts and imagination, we can create our reality. We can create how we feel about golf and visualize how the golf ball will get into the hole even before you swing. Stillness, as said by the author, is an important feature professionals use to get themselves ready before the game. During this stillness moment, they are with themselves and get to imagine things that will make golfing a success. As a golfer, the ability to notice and sense a desirable thought and the ability to make the undesirable thought vanish is a characteristic of becoming a pro on time.
The ability for a golfer to dwell on winners, notice how you feel, notice the actions taken by the winners that weren't taken by the losers, quench the losing memories, and move on to the next shot is what makes a good golfer. The ability to exercise thoughts and beliefs can make one the best golfer within a short period of time, together with their ability to play golf exceptionally well.
I love how the author emphasizes the need for a learning instructor and makes me see the need for a stance when playing golf. It was an eye-opener for me, as this is the first time I have heard of this practice.I dislike the PDF setting of this book; it covers two pages in one, making it stressful for me to read an interesting and fun book like this.
I was able to spot a few grammar errors in this book, and because of these errors, it didn't have flawless editing. Other than that, this book is fun and creative to read, as I learned more things about life, golf included. In this aspect, my rating for this book is a 4 out of 5 star rating.

Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ezeani Emmanuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezeani-emmanuel.html
Latest Review: Clifford's War by J Denison Reed

Post by Ezeani Emmanuel »

Kalliope Barlis made me understand that it's not by the equipment that makes one a master in golf. It takes effort to learn the skills necessary to be great at golfing. It is also mentioned that the mind is an important factor in making a good golfer.
Jason Ortega 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jason-ortega-1.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Jason Ortega 1 »

Golf is complex I'm not going to lie, tried it once and almost twisted my ankle, a guide like this is a helping hand to people like me.
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

Your critique about the PDF settings format made me realize that indeed, it's not very comfortable to read. I also agree with you that this book reminds us of the importance of having a trainer. It's something rare to hear in my area because they always have the mindset that everything can be done through self-learning. Thank you for writing this review.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Opeyemi Ajiboye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-opeyemi-ajiboye.html
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey

Post by Opeyemi Ajiboye »

I support this review note on the important on having a training instructor, it makes things a lot easier, even with the tasks they have in store for you, I feel it's worth it to make a better you.
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”