Review of Not Fishy Enough

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ram Uday Mahajan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Slippery Road.
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ram-uday-mahajan.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Review of Not Fishy Enough

Post by Ram Uday Mahajan »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Not Fishy Enough" by Briton Kolber.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

An endearing fusion of narrative and self-help, Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber is suitable for both children and adults. Edwin, the protagonist, is an aquatic being who feels estranged from his fish school due to his anomalous appearance and behavior. Using Edwin's voyage, readers are motivated to wholeheartedly accept themselves and appreciate their attributes.

Multidimensional and easily relatable, the characters in Not Fishy Enough offer distinct viewpoints on human nature and societal conventions. Everyone can benefit from and find pleasure in Edwin's account of his struggles to assimilate and his eventual coming to terms with himself.

One notable aspect of the book is its well-structured format, which includes a self-help section and discussion questions following each narrative. The structure of the text enables readers to establish a deeper emotional connection with the material and derive significant insights from it.

While the self-help sections of Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber are thought-provoking and entertaining to read, some readers may find them to be overly didactic. Another factor that limited the narrative's appeal to a broader readership was the potential for younger readers to become overwhelmed by the complex language and intricate details.

Not Fishy Enough is an excellent option for individuals of all ages. Individuals who struggle with self-acceptance or a sense of alienation should support it with a special recommendation.

A well-edited, straightforward style of writing throughout the entire book. The profundity of the story is elevated for individuals of all ages through the author's skillful employment of humor and evocative imagery.

With its remarkable narrative, profound thematic exploration, and global appeal, Not Fishy Enough receives an impeccable five out of five stars from me. Briton Kolber deftly constructs a thought-provoking and entertaining narrative that encourages individuals of all ages to embrace and cherish their unique selves. This literary work is remarkable on account of its engrossing prose and the valuable insights it communicates.

Not Fishy Enough
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Jennifer Coxon
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-coxon.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards

Post by Jennifer Coxon »

Thank you for your insightful review. I do like a story that can share an important message, and I think this one is able to do that. I do like the idea of the discussion points, but I am interested in your views on them being overly didactic.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”