Review of Alpha Buddies Land

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Leia Temple
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leia-temple.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Re: Review of Alpha Buddies Land

Post by Leia Temple »

Great to know I'm not the only one to enjoy this book. I gave it a similar rating due the bright illustrations and corresponding prose. Thanks for the great review, Gerry!
Rob Carr
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rob-carr.html
Latest Review: 5 Systems of Successful People by Scotty Schindler

Post by Rob Carr »

Thanks for the review Gerry. Might be one that my kids would be into.
:idea: Rob Carr :idea:
Runan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-runan.html
Latest Review: A Place Under the Sun by Luis Urtueta
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 150%

Post by Runan »

I have read this book too. I agree with all the points mentioned in your review. The bright colors, background, and objects in the illustration are specific to a given letter of the alphabet, and this makes it all the more engaging for children. It’s a fun way for children to learn the alphabet through association. That’s a great review. Well-done. :tiphat:
Runan
Renee S
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renee-s.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by Renee S »

I also grabbed a copy of this book. I rather enjoyed it. It crossed my mind that I would have found learning the alphabet quite enjoyable with this book back in my childhood days. Thanks for your review, Gerry!
Jaituni Sanghavi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaituni-sanghavi.html
Latest Review: Chasing Tales by Christine J. Logan

Post by Jaituni Sanghavi »

This is a beautiful review, Gerry! I read this book back in October, and I remember that I enjoyed it so much even though it is a children’s book! Your review reminded me of my wonderful time reading this book! :)
Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 223
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shirley-ann-riddern-labzentis.html
Latest Review: The Girls in the Hall by Tony Andras
2024 Goal Completion: 70%

Post by Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis »

Thanks for the review, Gerri. Maybe I'll pick this up for my younger grandchildren. This sounds like an interesting book for the young ones.
"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know which one you are going to get!"
RJ Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rj-reviews.html
Latest Review: Jirvania by Jan Anderegg
Reading Device: 1400697484
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 91%

Post by RJ Reviews »

This book is so cute! Even as a grown-up, I couldn’t help but be amazed by the colorful illustrations. A very different book for young readers. As usual, your review is expertly done. I enjoyed reading it. Thank you.
"The gods grow jealous of too much contentment anywhere, and they show their displeasure all of a sudden.” - R. K. Narayan, Maldudi Days
Tobi Adefila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tobi-adefila.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Tobi Adefila »

Wow. Thanks for this lovely review Gerry. This is such and amazing book for a toddler.
Amy Luman
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

This book seems like an excellent way for children to become comfortable with the alphabet. This is the first step toward developing a life-long love of the written word. More kids need to become attracted to this. Thanks!
Claudia Angelucci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claudia-angelucci.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Claudia Angelucci »

Gerry Steen wrote: 13 Mar 2024, 22:32 [Following is a volunteer review of "Alpha Buddies Land" by Donna Marie Rink.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Are you searching for a suitable picture book to read to your child between the ages of 2 and 7? Do you want the book to contain vivid, detailed, and significant illustrations? Are you searching for a book with relatable characters and situations for your child? If you answered yes to these questions, you should get the children's book Alpha Buddies Land by Donna M. Rink.

Alpha Buddies Land is a picture book with 52 pages of colorful illustrations and one to two-sentence statements. Your toddler will understand the statements with the help of pictures. Each image displays various colors, dynamic characters, diverse landscapes, different seasons, weather, times of day, animals, and plants. Each page features a letter of the alphabet. The letter forms an alpha buddy with added arms, legs, and face. Your child in kindergarten will learn to recognize and read words in sentences, where 45% of the words begin with the featured letter. One of the sentences from the book is "Wacky Wally W is winking while eating watermelon with his pet walrus Willy, under a waterfall." The image that depicts this sentence features a blue sky, a rainbow, a blue waterfall, a blue river, a purple walrus, a smiling, yellow sun, a red watermelon, and a red, waving W. A 6 to 7-year-old child can practice identifying words that start with the featured letter in each sentence.

Your child will be introduced to 26 characters from Alpha Buddies Land. These characters and their friends have a diverse range of names, such as Ali, Donna, Emma, Hannah, Milo, Peta, Quilla, Ulla, Zena, Yolanda, and Zach. This allows readers of different backgrounds to easily relate to them. They will enjoy a variety of activities, such as picking apples, blowing balloons, playing with a dog, and eating ice cream, all of which will be depicted in pictures.

The book's splendid illustrations can be enjoyed and discussed by parents and children together. The book can be read in just 7 minutes.

I enjoyed reading and looking at this picture book. It was a delightful experience. The colorful and animated illustrations were truly captivating. I found no negative aspects. Therefore, I give this book a rating of 5 out of 5 stars.

Alpha Buddies Land
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Well done, Gerry! What a great description and review of such a cute book! It is indeed a lovely children's book. I reviewed it some time back, and the only thing I didn't like about it was Cutie Pie crying for candies! Maybe because my name starts with a C 😂 However, great job as usual, Gerry. All the best!
Martina Sette
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martina-sette.html
Latest Review: Involuntary Reroute by Robert Laney
2024 Goal Completion: 126%

Post by Martina Sette »

This is very nice! I think it's a perfect book for children and parents who want to read a cute story to their kids. Great review!
Zanne Crystle
Favorite Book: Rules of Redemption (The Firebird Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zanne-crystle.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White's Sub Snips by Laura Moss White

Post by Zanne Crystle »

I had the pleasure of reviewing this book too, and I must say, it's an absolute delight to read. It's an incredibly fun and engaging way to introduce kids to the alphabet, and I completely agree with everything you mentioned in your review. I was particularly impressed by the artwork - it's both colorful and charming, and it really helps bring the book to life. Overall, it's a fantastic choice for parents looking for a creative and enjoyable way to teach their children the ABCs.
Julie Basil
Favorite Book: The Little Prince
Currently Reading: Launchpad Republic
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-basil.html
Latest Review: Voices from a Forgotten Letter by Seif-Eldeine
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Julie Basil »

This sounds like a book that would be very helpful in teaching young children the alphabet. Keep up the good work!
"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what's essential is invisible to the eye." ~ Antoine St. Exupery
Abdullah Fawmi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abdullah-fawmi.html
Latest Review: Fantasy Man by Jean-Michel Desire

Post by Abdullah Fawmi »

This looks like it's an ideal gift for my niece and nephews. This is a wonderful way to teach the little ones which will stay in their mind for a longer period. Thank you so much for the excellent review Gerry.
Aleena Augustine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aleena-augustine.html
Latest Review: I Wonder Why It's Christmas by Esther Ekunola

Post by Aleena Augustine »

I too had the pleasure of reading Alpha Buddies Land, and I wholeheartedly agree with this review. The vibrant illustrations and engaging characters made the book incredibly fun and educational. It's wonderful to find a book that so effectively combines learning with entertainment, making each letter of the alphabet memorable.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”