Review of Alpha Buddies Land

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Gerry Steen
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 173
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Do You Really Want To Know? by Kate Fraser

Review of Alpha Buddies Land

Post by Gerry Steen »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Alpha Buddies Land" by Donna Marie Rink.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Are you searching for a suitable picture book to read to your child between the ages of 2 and 7? Do you want the book to contain vivid, detailed, and significant illustrations? Are you searching for a book with relatable characters and situations for your child? If you answered yes to these questions, you should get the children's book Alpha Buddies Land by Donna M. Rink.

Alpha Buddies Land is a picture book with 52 pages of colorful illustrations and one to two-sentence statements. Your toddler will understand the statements with the help of pictures. Each image displays various colors, dynamic characters, diverse landscapes, different seasons, weather, times of day, animals, and plants. Each page features a letter of the alphabet. The letter forms an alpha buddy with added arms, legs, and face. Your child in kindergarten will learn to recognize and read words in sentences, where 45% of the words begin with the featured letter. One of the sentences from the book is "Wacky Wally W is winking while eating watermelon with his pet walrus Willy, under a waterfall." The image that depicts this sentence features a blue sky, a rainbow, a blue waterfall, a blue river, a purple walrus, a smiling, yellow sun, a red watermelon, and a red, waving W. A 6 to 7-year-old child can practice identifying words that start with the featured letter in each sentence.

Your child will be introduced to 26 characters from Alpha Buddies Land. These characters and their friends have a diverse range of names, such as Ali, Donna, Emma, Hannah, Milo, Peta, Quilla, Ulla, Zena, Yolanda, and Zach. This allows readers of different backgrounds to easily relate to them. They will enjoy a variety of activities, such as picking apples, blowing balloons, playing with a dog, and eating ice cream, all of which will be depicted in pictures.

The book's splendid illustrations can be enjoyed and discussed by parents and children together. The book can be read in just 7 minutes.

I enjoyed reading and looking at this picture book. It was a delightful experience. The colorful and animated illustrations were truly captivating. I found no negative aspects. Therefore, I give this book a rating of 5 out of 5 stars.

Alpha Buddies Land
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Cristiano Bellucci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristiano-bellucci.html
Latest Review: Pioneering Nonprofit AI Initiatives: A Guide to Generational Diversity, Ethics, and Collaboration by Ainsley K. Hines
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 440%

Post by Cristiano Bellucci »

Thank you very much for your review, Gerry. I was interested in this book for toddlers. After your review, I will pick it up.
Book allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today. Mark Zuckerberg.
Terry Kimble
Currently Reading: Web of Evil
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-terry-kimble.html
Latest Review: "Dumb" Orphans by Allan Low

Post by Terry Kimble »

Gerry, this children's book sounds delightful based on your review! The illustrations are very important for young readers, and it sounds like this book does very well with them. :) I will check it out for my young granddaughters! Thank you for this thorough review!
Nwansimdi Mercy Someze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwansimdi-mercy-someze.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by Nwansimdi Mercy Someze »

The use of colorful illustrations and relatable characters and situations is likely to capture the attention of toddlers and keep them engaged as they explore the alphabet and various words associated with each letter.
Ramadevi Tatavarthi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ramadevi-tatavarthi.html
Latest Review: Requiem For A Queen by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Ramadevi Tatavarthi »

I'm really intrigued by this review of "Alpha Buddies Land" by Donna M. Rink. It seems like a fantastic book for kids aged 2 to 7, with its colorful illustrations and educational content. The diverse characters and relatable situations make it a must-have for young readers. I'd definitely consider adding it to my child's bookshelf!
Kshitija Sonawane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kshitija-sonawane.html
Latest Review: Back to Bremo by Debby Hall
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 37%

Post by Kshitija Sonawane »

The cover of the book itself looks so colourful. Even though grown up, I still want to read it now. You did a good job with the review, like always. Thank you.
Stephen Christopher 1
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: Photofinish
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-christopher-1.html
Latest Review: Sh*t Happens by Gavin L James.
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 44%

Post by Stephen Christopher 1 »

Hi Gerry, I'm not a parent or grandparent, so I don't see much need for this book in my future, but what a wonderful way to teach the alphabet to kids. This has bestseller written all over it.
Anu Anand
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anu-anand.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Anu Anand »

This is really a great book with its bright illustration and engaging story. It's a valuable resource for fostering a love of reading and language development in early learners. With its charming characters and captivating narrative, this book is sure to bring joy and education to children everywhere. Thank you Gerry for sharing this lovely review!
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-murugesan.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Priya Murugesan »

An awesome review Gerry! It is very interesting to read your review. Will surely read this book! I am waiting to see all the illustrations.
In a world where you can be anything, be kind :)
Marie Chalupová
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Brandon Sanderson
Currently Reading: The Silverblood Promise
Bookshelf Size: 2293
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marie-chalupov.html
Latest Review: Faking Fairytales by Aimie O'Callahan
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 4040
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 24%

Post by Marie Chalupová »

Thank you for the captivating review. I must agree that the book is definitely colorful and cheerful, although I found it somewhat average myself. But we all have different preferences. What matters is if the kids end up enjoying it.
Susan Ledezma
Favorite Book: Bound by Firelight
Currently Reading: Light Filters In
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-ledezma.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
2024 Reading Goal: 125
2024 Goal Completion: 27%

Post by Susan Ledezma »

Gerry Steen wrote: 13 Mar 2024, 22:32 [Following is a volunteer review of "Alpha Buddies Land" by Donna Marie Rink.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Are you searching for a suitable picture book to read to your child between the ages of 2 and 7? Do you want the book to contain vivid, detailed, and significant illustrations? Are you searching for a book with relatable characters and situations for your child? If you answered yes to these questions, you should get the children's book Alpha Buddies Land by Donna M. Rink.

Alpha Buddies Land is a picture book with 52 pages of colorful illustrations and one to two-sentence statements. Your toddler will understand the statements with the help of pictures. Each image displays various colors, dynamic characters, diverse landscapes, different seasons, weather, times of day, animals, and plants. Each page features a letter of the alphabet. The letter forms an alpha buddy with added arms, legs, and face. Your child in kindergarten will learn to recognize and read words in sentences, where 45% of the words begin with the featured letter. One of the sentences from the book is "Wacky Wally W is winking while eating watermelon with his pet walrus Willy, under a waterfall." The image that depicts this sentence features a blue sky, a rainbow, a blue waterfall, a blue river, a purple walrus, a smiling, yellow sun, a red watermelon, and a red, waving W. A 6 to 7-year-old child can practice identifying words that start with the featured letter in each sentence.

Your child will be introduced to 26 characters from Alpha Buddies Land. These characters and their friends have a diverse range of names, such as Ali, Donna, Emma, Hannah, Milo, Peta, Quilla, Ulla, Zena, Yolanda, and Zach. This allows readers of different backgrounds to easily relate to them. They will enjoy a variety of activities, such as picking apples, blowing balloons, playing with a dog, and eating ice cream, all of which will be depicted in pictures.

The book's splendid illustrations can be enjoyed and discussed by parents and children together. The book can be read in just 7 minutes.

I enjoyed reading and looking at this picture book. It was a delightful experience. The colorful and animated illustrations were truly captivating. I found no negative aspects. Therefore, I give this book a rating of 5 out of 5 stars.

Alpha Buddies Land
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
I don't think I'm the target audience for this book, but this seems like a very colorful picture book that kids would love. I love colorful illustrations in picture books. I think this would be perfect to share with kids. Thank you for the great review!
“Great books help you understand, and they help you feel understood.” -John Green :techie-studyinggray:
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like a great book for little children to develop their language while having fun, an important element for them to start loving books. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Sarah Zain
Favorite Book: Wutheing heights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-zain.html
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey

Post by Sarah Zain »

The book looks great and useful at the same time. I will definitely add it to my list. I enjoyed reading your wonderfully detailed and written review Gerry!
Life is hard on its own so let's make it easier for each other if we could.
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey
Elizabeth-Tush4Christ
Currently Reading: Photofinish
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizabeth-tush4christ.html
Latest Review: Army Life by Darryl Jefferson
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 33%

Post by Elizabeth-Tush4Christ »

Children learn by visualization and repetition. This review shows the book is promising and will help children from diverse backgrounds learn. I would pick up the book for the fun of it. I recommend the book based on the awesome review.
Mari Thompson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mari-thompson.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Mari Thompson »

Hi Gerry! I like your description of the alpha buddy with added arms, legs, and face. I’m guessing that alpha buddy is short for alphabet buddy. Great review. I will be recommending this book. Thanks.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”