Review of E M P Honeymoon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Andrew Darlington
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrew-darlington.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Review of E M P Honeymoon

Post by Andrew Darlington »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E M P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"E M P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer is a gripping story that takes readers on a thrilling journey through danger, deception, and the quest for survival. Set against the backdrop of a tranquil Caribbean honeymoon destination, the story unfolds with unexpected twists and turns, keeping readers on the edge of their seats. As the story progressed, the narrative delves into the secretive world of Dear Leader's clandestine nuclear program, Operation Nuclear Winter. With tension building, Dear Leader and General Lee discuss the progress of their mission and weigh the risks associated with testing their missile capabilities.

This story follows the harrowing ordeal of Kelly and Tom, a newlywed couple enjoying their honeymoon at the picturesque Barefoot Sands Resort and Spa in Honduras. However, their blissful retreat takes a sinister turn when Kelly inadvertently stumbles upon a clandestine operation with potentially catastrophic consequences. As they find themselves ensnared in a web of intrigue and danger, Kelly and Tom must race against time to unravel the truth and evade their pursuers.

I liked a few things about this book. "E M P Honeymoon" succeeds in delivering an exhilarating and pulse-pounding reading experience. The author's skillful storytelling and knack for crafting immersive settings ensure that readers remain thoroughly engrossed from start to finish. Moreover, the dynamic interplay between the central characters injects a sense of authenticity and emotional depth into the narrative. I was also intrigued by the meticulous editing process carried out on this book. The book was well edited and organized, as I could not spot any errors in it.

One notable downside is the occasional lack of depth in character development. Throughout the story, characters like President Bigelow and General Lee are presented with intriguing backstories and motivations, but their arcs often feel somewhat shallow or underexplored. As a result, readers may find it challenging to fully invest in these characters' journeys or empathize with their struggles. Additionally, the pacing of the plot can be uneven at times, with certain chapters feeling rushed or disjointed. For example, the transition between scenes in the Situation Room and the Space Force Headquarters may feel abrupt, leaving readers craving more context or continuity between these parallel storylines. This disjointedness detracted from the overall cohesiveness of the narrative and justifies my reason for taking a star off this book. I will rate this book 4 out of 5 stars.

I recommend this book to all lovers of crime, investigation, romance, and fiction books.

E M P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Aurora Benjamin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aurora-benjamin.html
Latest Review: The Tiger's Eye by Scott Delaney

Post by Aurora Benjamin »

A recommended pick for fans of crime, investigation, and fiction genres, 'E M P Honeymoon' offers an engaging blend of thrills and intrigue. The author's skillful storytelling keeps readers on the edge of their seats, while the dynamic characters add depth to the narrative.
Dani Elle Ele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dani-elle-ele.html
Latest Review: It Was What It Was by Daniel Pace

Post by Dani Elle Ele »

For enthusiasts of crime, investigation, and fiction, 'E M P Honeymoon' is a recommended choice, offering an exciting mix of thrills and intrigue. The author's adept storytelling keeps readers captivated, while the diverse characters enhance the depth of the story.
Daberechi Precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daberechi-precious.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Daberechi Precious »

Love the twist on turns of this book, your review is well detailed and interesting. Nice review you have here
Williams Nnodim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-nnodim.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Williams Nnodim »

"E M P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer is a gripping tale of danger and survival set against the serene backdrop of a Caribbean honeymoon. As Kelly and Tom stumble upon a clandestine nuclear program, they find themselves embroiled in a perilous journey of deception and intrigue, racing against time to uncover the truth and escape their pursuers.
obinna Sharon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obinna-sharon.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by obinna Sharon »

E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer is a gripping story that combines lots of themes together to produce a great read. The suspense was top notch and great for me.
Elizabeth-Tush4Christ
Currently Reading: Photofinish
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizabeth-tush4christ.html
Latest Review: Madame Ph.D.: Growing Up Black in DC and Beating the Odds by Gwynette Ford Lacy, Ph.D., MBA
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 46%

Post by Elizabeth-Tush4Christ »

E.M.P Honeymoon is a thrilling story filled with action and plot twists. I agree with you that the author delivered a great
action experience to the readers with such great narrative skill one could visualize events as they occur just like in the movies. This is a great review it helps fellow readers view the book at a glance.
That I may know Him :arrow: Philippians 3:10
Onwuesi Promise
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Onwuesi Promise »

Your review is nice and appealing. I love romance books a lot and I have just got across another one. I think it is a book about two lovers in danger and trying to escape it. I look forward to reading it.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”