Review of Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: Who Will Accompany You? by Meg Stafford, Kate Stafford, Gale Stafford

Review of Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise" by John K Danenbarger.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

At first, I wasn't really into this book because some parts at the beginning felt a bit drawn-out and dark. But as I kept reading, I was really impressed by how the author managed to flesh out such complex characters, stories, and backgrounds for each person. Those little details weren't just filler; they really added depth to the story. To me, that's a sign of a skilled writer who knows how to keep the reader engaged.

One character that really stood out for me was Beth. She was there right from the beginning, and it was her storylines that started to change my mind about the book. Even though I couldn't relate to the backgrounds at first (especially being from Southeast Asia), the author's vivid descriptions of Beth's experiences slowly made me feel more connected.

This book paints a rich picture of human relationships spanning decades, and the concept of "entanglement" really resonates throughout. It shows how people from different walks of life come together and stay connected despite time and distance. It's about how their diverse and sometimes troubled backgrounds don't stop them from forming bonds, whether it's friendships or romances.

I loved the author's comparison of the book to a grandmother's fruitcake. I had no idea what to expect at first, but as I got into it, there were so many surprises, thrills, and twists. It's the kind of book you need to savor slowly and maybe even reread to fully appreciate its intricate structure.

Overall, the book is well-crafted and polished. But I should mention that it could be triggering for some readers due to its darker themes and explicit content, so it's probably best suited for mature audiences. Still, I think it's those dark moments that make the story feel more real. I'd give it a solid 4 out of 5.

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Gerry Steen
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Time for PSyQ by Marti Ward

Post by Gerry Steen »

Thank you for this concise review. It is amazing that the most unlikely people can come together and form strong bonds. I guess people always need others to help them strike a good balance and to add meaning to life. It sounds like this book illustrates that fact. :techie-studyinggray:
Nwansimdi Mercy Someze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwansimdi-mercy-someze.html
Latest Review: The Advent of Time by Indignus Servus

Post by Nwansimdi Mercy Someze »

The gradual immersion into Beth's story and the vivid descriptions helped bridge the gap between unfamiliar backgrounds and your own experiences, making the book more relatable and engaging. This demonstrates the author's skill in creating a compelling and immersive reading experience.
Abriani H
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Abriani H »

Interesting review about science fiction novel. Great review!
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: Who Will Accompany You? by Meg Stafford, Kate Stafford, Gale Stafford

Gerry Steen wrote: 23 Mar 2024, 09:28 Thank you for this concise review. It is amazing that the most unlikely people can come together and form strong bonds. I guess people always need others to help them strike a good balance and to add meaning to life. It sounds like this book illustrates that fact. :techie-studyinggray:
Yes. I was even surprised when I started reading further, about how they are all interconnected. It's a great book.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Nwansimdi Mercy Someze wrote: 25 Mar 2024, 10:27 The gradual immersion into Beth's story and the vivid descriptions helped bridge the gap between unfamiliar backgrounds and your own experiences, making the book more relatable and engaging. This demonstrates the author's skill in creating a compelling and immersive reading experience.
I agree with you. The author seems very competent in crafting a story that appears so complex at the beginning but becomes interconnected over time.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Anozie Stephanie
Currently Reading: Summer's Promise
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anozie-stephanie.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Anozie Stephanie »

I think Beth is the main character of this book. The connection of different individuals despite distance is the reality of this book. Different stories of characters, and different situations that hold later on.
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Anozie Stephanie wrote: 28 Apr 2024, 01:32 I think Beth is the main character of this book. The connection of different individuals despite distance is the reality of this book. Different stories of characters, and different situations that hold later on.
I agree with you, Beth is a key character in this book. The author's ability in this book to tell the multi POV from each character well is evidence of their remarkable writing skills.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Risper Ouma Anyango
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-risper-ouma-anyango.html
Latest Review: The Final Keystone by John Kevin Crowley

Post by Risper Ouma Anyango »

I liked the beginning part of this book because it jumps right into the action with Beth. I quickly fell in love with Beth despite the sad things she encounters and lands her self as a maid unknowingly. I enjoyed reading your thoughts on the book.
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Risper Ouma Lisa Anyango wrote: 28 Apr 2024, 03:17 I liked the beginning part of this book because it jumps right into the action with Beth. I quickly fell in love with Beth despite the sad things she encounters and lands her self as a maid unknowingly. I enjoyed reading your thoughts on the book.
You're right. Beth is my favorite character too, and it was also surprising when she became a maid in Bermuda. Thank you for your response.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Harshitha Nayak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harshitha-nayak.html
Latest Review: Fouling in Business and College Athletics by Gonzalo Fernandez
2024 Reading Goal: 55
2024 Goal Completion: 54%

Post by Harshitha Nayak »

1st thing, The tittle and cover is soo good for any person to pick up this book and your review definitely fuels them to lean towards the book more. The warning bells rang louder through your words, as you mentioned it may meant to certain people. By looking at your review it's appealing to know people from entanglement.
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Harshitha Nayak wrote: 30 Apr 2024, 23:06 1st thing, The tittle and cover is soo good for any person to pick up this book and your review definitely fuels them to lean towards the book more. The warning bells rang louder through your words, as you mentioned it may meant to certain people. By looking at your review it's appealing to know people from entanglement.
Yes, I'm on the same page with you. This book is intriguing even from the cover itself.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on my review. Im glad to help fellow readers.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Uma gupta
Currently Reading: Broken Faith
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uma-gupta.html
Latest Review: 480 Codorus Street by Sandra L. Kearse-Stockton
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 33%

Post by Uma gupta »

This review succinctly captures the essence of the book, highlighting its strengths while acknowledging any minor shortcomings, ultimately recommending it to a wide audience.
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Uma gupta wrote: 01 May 2024, 07:46 This review succinctly captures the essence of the book, highlighting its strengths while acknowledging any minor shortcomings, ultimately recommending it to a wide audience.
Sure. Thank for your thoughts on my review
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Tomi Ahmed
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomi-ahmed.html
Latest Review: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition) by Dr. Colleen Huber
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
2024 Reading Goal: 35
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by Tomi Ahmed »

Your evolving perspective on the book mirrors the journey many readers may experience as they delve deeper into its intricate narrative and characters. Your appreciation for the author's ability to craft complex characters and interwoven stories reflects a keen eye for storytelling skill. The connection you felt with Beth's character despite initial differences highlights the universality of human experiences portrayed in the book. Your analogy of the book to a grandmother's fruitcake captures its delightful surprises and layers, urging readers to savor each moment. Your acknowledgment of potentially triggering themes shows sensitivity to diverse reader experiences.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”