Review of The Reel Sisters

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Esther Unurhie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-unurhie.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Review of The Reel Sisters

Post by Esther Unurhie »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings follows the journey of four women who bond over fly fishing: Rose, Veronica, Amanda, and Sophie. Despite their diverse backgrounds and aspirations, they unite in pursuit of a common goal. Before forming their team, they each had individual objectives, with Rose being the oldest and most experienced in fly fishing. They rescue a young girl named Melody during one of their trips, and she quickly becomes an integral part of their group. The narrative unfolds through the characters' fishing successes and life stories, painting a vivid picture of their personalities and histories.

I was particularly drawn to Rose's character and admired how she coordinated with the other women. Each protagonist is endearing, and their stories are narrated in the first-person present tense, allowing readers to relate to their journeys. The book provides clear explanations of fly fishing without compromising the plot, and the characters' unique plotlines keep the reader engaged. I was impressed by the portrayal of friendships and the well-crafted narrative. 

The book is a compelling narrative that not only imparts knowledge about fly fishing but also serves as a vehicle for conveying valuable life lessons. Through the experiences of the female characters, the book emphasizes the importance of breaking gender barriers and pursuing new endeavors regardless of societal norms. Michelle, the author, strategically utilizes these characters to inspire and uplift women, highlighting their ability to excel in unconventional domains. Also, the inclusion of insightful quotes at the beginning of each section adds depth to the narrative, offering wisdom applicable beyond the realm of fishing techniques. I found the book to be informative and well-edited. I must appreciate both the author's creativity and the editor's exceptional editing.

There is nothing I dislike about this book. I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars because of the exceptional lessons it contains.

I recommended this book to those interested in exploring unconventional pursuits and appreciating the bonds of camaraderie. 

The Reel Sisters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Aurora Benjamin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aurora-benjamin.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd Edition by Jack Winnick

Post by Aurora Benjamin »

Through captivating narratives and well-developed characters, Cummings effortlessly blends the art of fly fishing with life lessons. Readers will find themselves drawn to Rose’s leadership and the camaraderie among the women as they navigate challenges and triumphs both on and off the water.
Sunday N Florence
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-n-florence.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Sunday N Florence »

Not only does "The Reel Sisters" provide invaluable insights into the art of fly fishing, but it also serves as a powerful testament to the strength of female bonds and the importance of challenging societal norms.
Puckett Elizabeth Marie
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-puckett-elizabeth-marie.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Puckett Elizabeth Marie »

In this book we saw the art of genuine friendship and through a shared hobby, fly fishing we saw how the bond of this friendship was strengthened and also increased a great book for adults especially females.
Jerry Williams 3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry-williams-3.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Jerry Williams 3 »

This book beautifully portrays the essence of authentic friendship, using fly fishing as a shared passion to deepen and strengthen the bond between characters. It's a fantastic read for adults, particularly women.
Dani Elle Ele
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dani-elle-ele.html
Latest Review: Free Fish Friday by Lee Stone

Post by Dani Elle Ele »

This book beautifully portrays the value of genuine friendship, showcasing how shared hobbies like fly fishing can strengthen and deepen those bonds. It's a fantastic read for adults, particularly women, who will appreciate the themes of camaraderie and personal growth woven throughout the story.
Florence Daniel
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-daniel.html
Latest Review: The Tiger's Eye by Scott Delaney

Post by Florence Daniel »

I couldn't put down the authorr's storytelling prowess shines through as she seamlessly combines suspense, action, and relatable characters. The novel's exploration of the consequences of electromagnetic pulses and nuclear weapons adds an enlightening dimension to this heart-pounding read."
Mark Maxwell 2
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-maxwell-2.html
Latest Review: The Boy who Lived with Ghosts by John Mitchell

Post by Mark Maxwell 2 »

The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings beautifully captures the journey of four diverse women—Rose, Veronica, Amanda, and Sophie—as they form a deep bond over fly fishing
Anthony Ambrose
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-ambrose.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Anthony Ambrose »

I was particularly drawn to Rose's character and admired how she coordinated with the other women. Each protagonist is endearing, and their stories are narrated in the first-person present tense, allowing readers to relate to their journeys. The book provides clear explanations of fly fishing without compromising the plot, and the characters' unique plotlines keep the reader engaged.
Chad Anthony
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chad-anthony.html
Latest Review: Essential Advice for Buying Your First Home and Navigating through the Mortgage Loan Process by Diana Donnelly

Post by Chad Anthony »

I am captivated and would love to read this book. These characters mentioned are spices and from the review, this is a great story. The cover page isn't that appealing but I am interested. Thank you for a wonderful review.
Robert Andrew
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-andrew.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Robert Andrew »

Through the captivating storytelling of 'The Reel Sisters,' readers embark on a heartfelt journey alongside Rose, Veronica, Amanda, and Sophie as they cast their lines and reel in more than just fish. With themes of friendship, resilience, and the joy of pursuing one's passions, this novel is sure to leave a lasting impression."
obinna Sharon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obinna-sharon.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by obinna Sharon »

One unique thing about this book is the bond of friendship. I think this aspect is worth emulating. Thanks for this beautiful review.
Shewaofafrica
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shewaofafrica.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Shewaofafrica »

My reading experience was enjoyable. I finished the book feeling both satisfied and eager for more, and I'll definitely be recommending it to all my fellow bookworms

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”