Review of Alpha Buddies Land

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: Winning at Leading Women In Leadership by Ronica Watkins, PhD

Review of Alpha Buddies Land

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Alpha Buddies Land" by Donna Marie Rink.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Alpha Buddies book breathes life into its characters with distinct characteristics. Each sentence paints a vivid picture of the words, which I believe is great for reinforcing children's memory. Honestly, I don't think the alphabet books I read as a kid were as good as this one.

The lively depiction of the alphabet, coupled with basic lessons on adjectives starting with each letter, is fantastic. Every character in the book is unique, and from there, children can also be encouraged to observe and assess the characters of people around them who resemble these alphabet characters.

I also appreciate how the book introduces various climates, weather, and geographical backgrounds, from mountains, beaches, rivers, to snow, etc. The natural ambiance in this book is excellent for fostering children's love for nature, especially considering the importance of climate education nowadays.

This book feels like an encyclopedia of plants and animals, introducing a wide variety of living creatures around us. It's not just a book; it's a journey into the fascinating world of nature. With vibrant illustrations and engaging stories, children are taken on an adventure to explore the diversity of life and get to know the fascinating creatures around them up close.

Similarly, the introduction of figures of speech like alliteration is quite effective in enhancing children's language skills. It expands their vocabulary and teaches them different sentence structures, which will be useful in improving their language proficiency and enhancing their imagination.

For a children's book, I give this one a perfect score of 5/5. It's easy to read, fun to remember, and can be used by both teachers and parents looking to diversify their children's learning methods. It would be even better if the book were accompanied by videos or music that could be played while reading to enhance children's imagination during learning.

Alpha Buddies Land
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Abriani H
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Abriani H »

I usually didn't think much about kids book. This review is intriguing enough to make me want to read this book. Thanks for writing it. It would be nice if you can recommend some book related to kids
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Oliver Jeffers series can be a good choice I think.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Abriani H
Currently Reading:

Post by Abriani H »

I see the book you recommended is a combination of children's storybook and appealing illustrations. They also have a TEDx talk about one of their books, which I think is well-written. Thank you for the recommendation.
Risper Ouma Anyango
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-risper-ouma-anyango.html
Latest Review: Healing Wounds of the Soul by Elizabeth Campos

Post by Risper Ouma Anyango »

This book offers a new perspective on the alphabet by giving them interesting personalities and showing them doing fun activities. I read this book too and I enjoyed it.
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Risper Ouma Lisa Anyango wrote: 28 Apr 2024, 03:11 This book offers a new perspective on the alphabet by giving them interesting personalities and showing them doing fun activities. I read this book too and I enjoyed it.
That's true. It will be a good learning experience regarding someone's nature and character for children as well. This book provides a lot of insights for me as a future parent. Thank you for your response.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: The Blandford Fly by D.N. Moore
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 48%

Post by Laney K »

This sounds like an excellent book to teach children about the alphabet and the natural world.
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Abriani H wrote: 27 Apr 2024, 22:01 I see the book you recommended is a combination of children's storybook and appealing illustrations. They also have a TEDx talk about one of their books, which I think is well-written. Thank you for the recommendation.
Sure. I think Indonesia children book sometimes doesn't provide various topics as other country kids book. I suggest you to try some children book in English language from another country. Maybe it will broaden your kids perspective because of the multicultural context of the book
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Laney K wrote: 28 Apr 2024, 06:50 This sounds like an excellent book to teach children about the alphabet and the natural world.
Yeah. This is a good book. I recommend you to choose it for reviews. Thanks for commenting Laney :D
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Abriani H
Currently Reading:

Post by Abriani H »

Tomy Chandrafrost wrote: 29 Apr 2024, 01:27
Abriani H wrote: 27 Apr 2024, 22:01 I see the book you recommended is a combination of children's storybook and appealing illustrations. They also have a TEDx talk about one of their books, which I think is well-written. Thank you for the recommendation.
Sure. I think Indonesia children book sometimes doesn't provide various topics as other country kids book. I suggest you to try some children book in English language from another country. Maybe it will broaden your kids perspective because of the multicultural context of the book
Ahh okay. Maybe i will choose some children book when doing book review here. Who know that maybe I got some interesting book for my future kids here :D
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Sure. This OBC always give us many interesting book. Some of them are children book that maybe interesting to read. Keep up the good work. Hopefully your presence in this community could lighten up the forum here
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Stephen Christopher 1
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: The Snow That Never Fell
Bookshelf Size: 139
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-christopher-1.html
Latest Review: Photofinish by Cheryl Kerr
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 48%

Post by Stephen Christopher 1 »

I learned the alphabet by watching Sesame Street, I don't remember ever seeing a book like this when I was a kid. An excellent resource for both parents and teachers.
Ezeh Glory
Currently Reading:

Post by Ezeh Glory »

When I came across this I wasn’t interested. However having gone through I would love to get it for my little niece. Thank you for writing this.
Cristiano Bellucci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristiano-bellucci.html
Latest Review: A Miracle For Evi by Eva-Maria Frank
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 540%

Post by Cristiano Bellucci »

That's a lovely review, Tomy! I agree with you. This book is beautiful and engaging. Like kids!!!
Book allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today. Mark Zuckerberg.
Harshitha Nayak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harshitha-nayak.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg
2024 Reading Goal: 55
2024 Goal Completion: 43%

Post by Harshitha Nayak »

Definitely i will pick this book. Thank you for highlighting beautiful things about book. The illustrations and animation always stands out in children's column for better learning purpose.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”