Review of Reconfigurement

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tomy Chandrafrost
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Review of Reconfigurement

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Reconfigurement" by E. Alan Fleischauer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

This book evokes memories of late-night chats with my college buddies, back when we were all still under 25.

We used to toss around questions like, "What's the plan for retirement?" It might've seemed a bit premature for a bunch of 20-year-olds, but those discussions often led to deeper conversations. We'd share stories about friends' parents who, after retiring, seemed to lose their spark and get overly involved in their kids' lives. It made us realize that retirement doesn't necessarily mean leaving stress behind. 

Written by someone with real-world experience in retirement planning, this book is straightforward yet gets more complex as it dives into the nitty-gritty of planning for life after work. It's not just for folks nearing retirement age; it's also a valuable resource for younger adults concerned about their parents' golden years. As kids, we can play a role in helping them navigate toward a peaceful retirement.

The book tackles some big questions that got me thinking, especially considering my situation here in Indonesia:

- How much money does one need to retire? Is a billion Rupiah enough?
- What about healthcare costs and dealing with inflation?
- For those eyeing a career change post-retirement, what are the financial implications?
- There's talk that retirement funds have taken a hit after recent legislative changes. How should one adjust their plans? Maybe consider working down under in Australia?
- What's your dream retirement scenario? Jet-setting around the globe? Putting down roots in Germany? Devoting yourself to a cause or volunteering?
- Dealing with aging-related stress and finding ways to stay active post-retirement are crucial considerations.
- Where would you kick off your retirement travels? And how would you spend your "no-go" years?

The book also dives into the nitty-gritty of inheritance planning—who gets what and any conditions attached.

Wrapping things up, the author offers up some book recommendations covering everything from remote work to staying youthful in your golden years.

All in all, this book's a gem. It's well-written and has amazing, flawless, and perfect editing. I give this book a rating of 4 out of 5. The rating is well deserved because this book provides me with insights, as a young adult, about how important it is to plan for a happy retirement. It also covers interesting sections for me regarding the importance of preparing for career transitions, such as personality tests, job fit assessments, and financial preparations for career changes. Despite cultural, regional, and bureaucratic context differences, this book can serve as a valuable lesson and an enjoyable read for young adults.

Reconfigurement
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Gerry Steen
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 173
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Do You Really Want To Know? by Kate Fraser

Post by Gerry Steen »

I agree with everything covered in this review. Fleischauer is a talented writer that can keep the reader engaged in what is normally boring subject matter. He writes in easy-to-understand language and sprinkles anecdotes and jokes throughout the book. I enjoyed reading this book. Great review! :techie-studyinggray:
Abriani H
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Abriani H »

Hmm, kind of interesting. A book that tell us about retirement planning. Will be on my reading list soon. Thanks for writing this
Tomy Chandrafrost
Currently Reading:

Gerry Steen wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 08:54 I agree with everything covered in this review. Fleischauer is a talented writer that can keep the reader engaged in what is normally boring subject matter. He writes in easy-to-understand language and sprinkles anecdotes and jokes throughout the book. I enjoyed reading this book. Great review! :techie-studyinggray:
I agree with you. For a book on a topic that might be considered boring, this writing makes me want to keep reading until the end. If you have recommendations for other books written by him, I would be happy to know.
Anozie Stephanie
Currently Reading: Summer's Promise
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anozie-stephanie.html
Latest Review: A Walk Through the Grapes by David Jackson

Post by Anozie Stephanie »

Retirement, this is what workers have been waiting for a long time since they received that employment letter. It is great E. Alan Fleischauer wrote a book on it, as I believe it will guide people like me on the decision to make for retirement.
Tomy Chandrafrost
Currently Reading:

Anozie Stephanie wrote: Today, 01:37 Retirement, this is what workers have been waiting for a long time since they received that employment letter. It is great E. Alan Fleischauer wrote a book on it, as I believe it will guide people like me on the decision to make for retirement.
You're right. This is something that may still be far ahead for the younger generation, but often it's precisely these kinds of things that need to be prepared from now on because essentially in life, we are always learning to prepare everything so that we can do everything well.
Risper Ouma Lisa Anyango
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-risper-ouma-lisa-anyango.html
Latest Review: Telling Your Story, Developing Your Brand by Henry Wong

Post by Risper Ouma Lisa Anyango »

Everybody has to retire at the end of the day but you must be ready for it. This book is about retirement and I loved it. I also enjoyed reading your thoughts on it.
Tomy Chandrafrost
Currently Reading:

Risper Ouma Lisa Anyango wrote: Today, 03:14 Everybody has to retire at the end of the day but you must be ready for it. This book is about retirement and I loved it. I also enjoyed reading your thoughts on it.
Thank you for your response. You're right that we all should always prepare for the worst, especially in a rapidly changing era.
Anjana Savita
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anjana-savita.html
Latest Review: Sister B by David Charles Hart

Post by Anjana Savita »

Nice review you mentioned both merits demerits of book also comment on editing and justify your rating well done
Tomy Chandrafrost
Currently Reading:

Anjana Savita wrote: Today, 03:43 Nice review you mentioned both merits demerits of book also comment on editing and justify your rating well done
Thank you for your reply. I believe providing balanced comments and responses is important because as part of the indie publishing ecosystem, we need to help advance independent authors.
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 173
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Do You Really Want To Know? by Kate Fraser

Post by Gerry Steen »

Tomy Chandrafrost wrote: Yesterday, 20:09
Gerry Steen wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 08:54 I agree with everything covered in this review. Fleischauer is a talented writer that can keep the reader engaged in what is normally boring subject matter. He writes in easy-to-understand language and sprinkles anecdotes and jokes throughout the book. I enjoyed reading this book. Great review! :techie-studyinggray:
I agree with you. For a book on a topic that might be considered boring, this writing makes me want to keep reading until the end. If you have recommendations for other books written by him, I would be happy to know.
Hi, Tomy. Fleischauer wrote a fiction novel entitled Just Die. I have not read it though.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”