Review of A Walk Through the Grapes

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Yashi Shukla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yashi-shukla.html
Latest Review: The Forbidden Man by Gerald R Knight
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 38%

Review of A Walk Through the Grapes

Post by Yashi Shukla »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Walk Through the Grapes" by David Jackson.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. David Jackson's "A Walk Through the Grapes" transports readers on a mesmerising trip into the intricate dynamics of family relationships and the murky workings of a small-town vineyard. Readers are kept on the edge of their seats as the story develops with mystery and tension from the minute protagonist Jace returns to his hometown.

The story of Jace Grazer, who left his family to become an actor, is told in this book. The secrets, his perspective, his reaction, and his attempts to be reintegrated into his family are my favourite parts of this book. Because of his humorous nature and devotion to his family, I truly enjoyed Jace as the protagonist of the story. Due to her mature, peaceful, and compassionate disposition, which makes her the backbone of the Grazer family, Marie is my absolute favourite character.

A multi-layered mystery involving the Grazer family and their grape business is enhanced by the well-developed characters. The author creates an engrossing and captivating story with faultless prose and careful attention to detail. With great skill, the reader is given a thorough understanding of Jace's path, including his relationships with his family and his inner challenges. The author uses the protagonists' dreams as fascinating techniques, deftly introducing unexpected turns into the story.

A romantic touch is added by the love triangle with Jace, which uplifts the whole story. The narrative suspense is enhanced by the examination of family secrets and the slow disclosure of unspoken facts. With great care and attention to detail, every character's problems are brought to life.

The rural area and its people are vividly depicted in the literature, which finds the ideal balance between power and simplicity. Notwithstanding the reader's first confusion regarding Jace's reception, the story masterfully explains everything, giving the experience a pleasant depth. The superb editing is also worth mentioning, as I could not find a single mistake. At the same time, I was drawn to the open ending and hope this story might be continued in a subsequent book.

All that can be said against this book is that its profanity may turn off those who are sensitive by nature. In presenting us with his magical world and its mysteries, the author does a very good job. It is highly suggested for readers who like a bit of family drama mixed in with a nice suspenseful thriller.

A Walk Through the Grapes
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Yours truly,
Yashi Shukla
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

As a fellow reader, I can resonate with your experience while reading this book. I agree with most of your perspectives here, that this book is well-written. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Glad we can resonate in the book reading experience here.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Harshitha Nayak
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harshitha-nayak.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink
2024 Reading Goal: 55
2024 Goal Completion: 65%

Post by Harshitha Nayak »

I'm Fan of the redemption arc of the main lead. The process of realising family worth, putting efforts to reconcile with family is treat to read.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”