Review of 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition)

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
RJ Reviews
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rj-reviews.html
Latest Review: Jirvania by Jan Anderegg
Reading Device: 1400697484
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 91%

Review of 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition)

Post by RJ Reviews »

[Following is a volunteer review of "30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition)" by Mark Kingston Levin PhD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Nine hundred years from now, the earth will be in chaos as Syndos, a genetically modified human race, tries to take over the world. Jennifer and her team of Naturals take it upon themselves to time travel back to the 27th century to attempt to correct the programming of the Syndos. Jennifer then travels back to the 21st century and gets stranded on a deserted island. But fortunately, she is rescued by Marty Zitonick and his team of scientists out on an expedition. Jennifer feigns amnesia and finds a new identity, career, and friends in the 21st century. For how long will she be able to hide her true identity? Why did she travel back to the 21st century? Will her team be able to stop the Syndos from taking over? Read 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition), a futuristic fiction by Mark Kingston Levin, Ph.D., to find the answers to those questions and many more. 

This novel is ripe with all the essential elements of successful science fiction: suspense, robots with superhuman abilities, intelligent computers, genetically modified species, space exploration, and time travel. The plot has several parallel storylines, making it an engaging read. The author has expertly imagined a future well-advanced in technology, which is justifiable. The scientific part did not deter the author from creating intriguing characters. Jennifer is a determined woman who is confident and strong-willed. I admire the author's attempts to incorporate gender equality and the normalization of taboo subjects like bisexuality and nudity. He approached such subjects with open-mindedness while emphasizing the characters' emotions. I particularly liked reading the comparisons between the 30th and 21st centuries. The scientific and technical aspects are well explained. 

I must applaud the flawless editing that left behind no errors. The language is easy to follow, and the conflict between the two subspecies of humans drives the plot forward. The inclusion of pictures within the text is a clever way to grab readers' attention. However, the book is not without some negative aspects. The pacing in the middle section dwindles as Jennifer settles into her new life. Although dealt with with caution, the bisexuality of the main character and the inclusion of multiple partner sexual activities may discourage some readers. The scientific jargon, in some cases, may hamper the reading pace. For all these reasons, I rate this book 4 out of 5.

This book is strictly for adults. It contains erotic scenes, unusual sexual activities, a topless picture of Jennifer, and an unorthodox sexual orientation. I would not recommend this book to highly religious readers either. However, readers who love science fiction with suspense-filled stories will adore this book.

30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"The gods grow jealous of too much contentment anywhere, and they show their displeasure all of a sudden.” - R. K. Narayan, Maldudi Days
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 173
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Do You Really Want To Know? by Kate Fraser

Post by Gerry Steen »

Your review describes a book that is of cutting-edge caliber. The inclusion of diverse characters increases the target audience with its spirit of inclusion. The elements of suspense, robots with superhuman abilities, intelligent computers, genetically modified species, space exploration, and time travel will keep me interested. I want to know why Jennifer postponed her mission to stay in the 21st century. Thank you for this well-written and informative review. :techie-studyinggray:
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I am very intrigued by this book. I always really enjoy time travel, all of the other elements are just a bonus. Jennifer seems to be a woman who can take care of herself no matter the circumstances. Thanks!
Kshitija Sonawane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kshitija-sonawane.html
Latest Review: Back to Bremo by Debby Hall
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 37%

Post by Kshitija Sonawane »

As I read through the review, I felt a shiver go down my spine because of how possible this can be. I do hope it is not real though and good job with the review. A good review like always...
Anu Anand
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anu-anand.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Anu Anand »

Great review! This sounds like an intriguing blend of futuristic elements like time travel, advanced technology, and genetically modified species. The parallel storylines and the contrast between the 30th and 21st centuries make it even more captivating. This definitely seems like an interesting read.
Terry Kimble
Currently Reading: Web of Evil
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-terry-kimble.html
Latest Review: "Dumb" Orphans by Allan Low

Post by Terry Kimble »

This review has piqued my interest in reading this book. I am attempting to expand my sci-fi reading horizons and enjoy time travel adventures! I will be keeping an eye out for this one. :)
Bettny Andrade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettny-andrade.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Bettny Andrade »

RJ Reviews wrote: 17 Mar 2024, 10:32 [Following is a volunteer review of "30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition)" by Mark Kingston Levin PhD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Nine hundred years from now, the earth will be in chaos as Syndos, a genetically modified human race, tries to take over the world. Jennifer and her team of Naturals take it upon themselves to time travel back to the 27th century to attempt to correct the programming of the Syndos. Jennifer then travels back to the 21st century and gets stranded on a deserted island. But fortunately, she is rescued by Marty Zitonick and his team of scientists out on an expedition. Jennifer feigns amnesia and finds a new identity, career, and friends in the 21st century. For how long will she be able to hide her true identity? Why did she travel back to the 21st century? Will her team be able to stop the Syndos from taking over? Read 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition), a futuristic fiction by Mark Kingston Levin, Ph.D., to find the answers to those questions and many more. 

This novel is ripe with all the essential elements of successful science fiction: suspense, robots with superhuman abilities, intelligent computers, genetically modified species, space exploration, and time travel. The plot has several parallel storylines, making it an engaging read. The author has expertly imagined a future well-advanced in technology, which is justifiable. The scientific part did not deter the author from creating intriguing characters. Jennifer is a determined woman who is confident and strong-willed. I admire the author's attempts to incorporate gender equality and the normalization of taboo subjects like bisexuality and nudity. He approached such subjects with open-mindedness while emphasizing the characters' emotions. I particularly liked reading the comparisons between the 30th and 21st centuries. The scientific and technical aspects are well explained. 

I must applaud the flawless editing that left behind no errors. The language is easy to follow, and the conflict between the two subspecies of humans drives the plot forward. The inclusion of pictures within the text is a clever way to grab readers' attention. However, the book is not without some negative aspects. The pacing in the middle section dwindles as Jennifer settles into her new life. Although dealt with with caution, the bisexuality of the main character and the inclusion of multiple partner sexual activities may discourage some readers. The scientific jargon, in some cases, may hamper the reading pace. For all these reasons, I rate this book 4 out of 5.

This book is strictly for adults. It contains erotic scenes, unusual sexual activities, a topless picture of Jennifer, and an unorthodox sexual orientation. I would not recommend this book to highly religious readers either. However, readers who love science fiction with suspense-filled stories will adore this book.

30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
I am currently reading this book and I find it very interesting. Although a little slow. It's important what you mention about sexuality, I was certainly feeling confused by the characters' interactions.
Lunar gate
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lunar-gate.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Lunar gate »

I think I will enjoy reading the book. The review was beautifully written. Even though the author intended to be open about sexuality, it seems to be a bit confusing.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”