Review of Not Fishy Enough

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Cristiano Bellucci
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristiano-bellucci.html
Latest Review: Pioneering Nonprofit AI Initiatives: A Guide to Generational Diversity, Ethics, and Collaboration by Ainsley K. Hines
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 440%

Review of Not Fishy Enough

Post by Cristiano Bellucci »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Not Fishy Enough" by Briton Kolber.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"Not Fishy Enough" by Briton Kolber is a journey through self-discovery and acceptance, wrapped in a narrative suitable for children over 8 years old. Kolber centers his book around Edwin, a character who believes himself to be a fish until he discovers his real identity. The book is not merely a story but an exploration of self-development.

Edwin's journey is surrounded by diverse companions, representing support and challenge. Even his closest friend, Riley, fights with her own struggles while sustaining Edwin on his path. Through Edwin's experiences, Kolber introduces readers to a range of concepts, from questioning societal norms to embracing one's unique qualities.

What sets "Not Fishy Enough" apart is its dual appeal. While children will be captivated by Edwin's adventures, adults will find a deeper metaphor to reflect on themselves. Kolber invites readers of all ages to ponder themes of self-worth, social pressure, and acceptance.

Following Edwin's story, Kolber guides readers into a deeper exploration of the book's themes. Thanks to his experience as a family therapist, he shares personal anecdotes, insights, and thought-provoking questions designed to challenge common perspectives. This combination of storytelling and reflection makes "Not Fishy Enough" not just a book but a growth experience.

I rate "Not Fishy Enough" by Briton Kolber 5 out of 5 stars. The book is professionally edited. Kolber's use of comedy adds an element of lightness to weighty themes, making the journey enjoyable. The author fuses many brilliant elements: a metaphor to gently introduce the topics, and then insights and questions about social pressure, feeling unworthy, self-acceptance, and religion. Every element offers readers profound insights into the human experience.

In conclusion, I recommend "Not Fishy Enough" to children seeking adventure and adults seeking enlightenment. Whether feeling wrong in a sea of societal expectations or simply curious about alternative perspectives, readers will find inspiration and acceptance.

Not Fishy Enough
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Book allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today. Mark Zuckerberg.
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 173
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Do You Really Want To Know? by Kate Fraser

Post by Gerry Steen »

Your review sheds light on a book that is both entertaining and helpful. It is a mixture of a fictional story and a non-fiction self-help section. Having read the book myself, I agree with everything mentioned in this review. I was amazed how a children's story could also serve as a thought-provoking metaphorical parable for adults. After reading this enlightening review, I hope that people do the right thing and buy this entertaining and helpful resource to help themselves and others. :techie-studyinggray:
Cristiano Bellucci
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: Pioneering Nonprofit AI Initiatives: A Guide to Generational Diversity, Ethics, and Collaboration by Ainsley K. Hines

Gerry Steen wrote: 24 Mar 2024, 19:11 Your review sheds light on a book that is both entertaining and helpful. It is a mixture of a fictional story and a non-fiction self-help section. Having read the book myself, I agree with everything mentioned in this review. I was amazed how a children's story could also serve as a thought-provoking metaphorical parable for adults. After reading this enlightening review, I hope that people do the right thing and buy this entertaining and helpful resource to help themselves and others. :techie-studyinggray:
Hi Gerry, thanks for your comment. Indeed, I saw your review. We think the same about this book. It is wonderful for both kids and adults.
Book allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today. Mark Zuckerberg.
Nwansimdi Mercy Someze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwansimdi-mercy-someze.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by Nwansimdi Mercy Someze »

The book seems like a valuable addition to children's literature, fostering empathy, understanding, and confidence in one's identity.
Cristiano Bellucci
Currently Reading:

Nwansimdi Mercy Someze wrote: 25 Mar 2024, 07:46 The book seems like a valuable addition to children's literature, fostering empathy, understanding, and confidence in one's identity.
Thanks for your comment. You got the essence of this book, indeed. Confidence is probably the biggest part of the book.
Lunar gate
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lunar-gate.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Lunar gate »

The book title really explains a lot ,what a beautiful review and self help book.
Terry Kimble
Currently Reading: Web of Evil
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-terry-kimble.html
Latest Review: "Dumb" Orphans by Allan Low

Post by Terry Kimble »

Oh wow, I just read another review of this book, and like you, they loved and highly recommended it. You have described the story very well--I plan to check it out as soon as possible. :techie-reference:
Cristiano Bellucci
Currently Reading:

Lunar gate wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 03:52 The book title really explains a lot ,what a beautiful review and self help book.
Thank you very much, Lunar, for your comment. Indeed, it is a great book and the title is well chosen.
Cristiano Bellucci
Currently Reading:

Terry Kimble wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 14:00 Oh wow, I just read another review of this book, and like you, they loved and highly recommended it. You have described the story very well--I plan to check it out as soon as possible. :techie-reference:
Thanks for your comment, Terry. It is a wonderful book. I am glad you will read it. Worth it.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”