Review of The Reel Sisters

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Aurora Benjamin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aurora-benjamin.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Review of The Reel Sisters

Post by Aurora Benjamin »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings follows the intertwining lives of four remarkable women deeply involved in the world of fly fishing: Rose, Veronica, Amanda, and Sophie. Despite their diverse backgrounds and aspirations, their shared passion for fly fishing binds them together, leading them on a journey of friendship and shared goals. Through their adventures, including the rescue of a drowning girl named Melody, the novel explores themes of friendship, love, and personal growth. With rich character development and a distinctive writing style, the book offers readers an engaging exploration of the transformative power of genuine connections and the joys of pursuing a common passion.

Rose emerges as a standout character in "The Reel Sisters," embodying a maternal role among the women and particularly nurturing towards the vulnerable Melody. The compassionate depiction of their interactions evokes strong emotional resonance, highlighting the depth of Rose's character and her impact on those around her. The emphasis on friendship and interpersonal connections as catalysts for meaningful relationships adds depth to the narrative, making every chapter a source of enjoyment and leaving readers satisfied with their choice to dive into the book.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and found it to be a valuable source of lessons on developing and nurturing enduring friendships. I express my gratitude to the author for crafting such a wonderful book. The book is perfectly edited. There is nothing I dislike about the book. I had a truly fulfilling reading experience!

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars because it reflects the exceptional lessons it imparts, particularly regarding friendship and personal growth. I recommend this book to adults, especially women, who are interested in new experiences and exploring the dynamics of friendship. They will learn numerous lessons from the book. I found the book to be not only enjoyable but also meaningful and insightful.

The Reel Sisters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Sunday N Florence
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-n-florence.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Sunday N Florence »

Rose emerges as a standout character within the narrative, embodying maternal qualities and displaying compassion towards the vulnerable Melody. The author's skillful depiction of their interactions evokes strong emotional resonance, portraying Rose's nurturing nature and the profound impact she has on those around her.
Esther Unurhie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-unurhie.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Esther Unurhie »

This review beautifully captures how The Reel Sisters' intertwines the joys of fly fishing with themes of friendship and personal growth, making it a compelling read for those seeking both adventure and emotional depth.
Daberechi Precious
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daberechi-precious.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Daberechi Precious »

This book is indeed a must read for everyone. I couldn't stop reading, I learned alot from it. Nice review you have here.
Dani Elle Ele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dani-elle-ele.html
Latest Review: Free Fish Friday by Lee Stone

Post by Dani Elle Ele »

This review perfectly describes how "The Reel Sisters" combines the pleasures of fly fishing with themes of friendship and self-improvement, making it a gripping choice for readers who enjoy both excitement and emotional richness.
Julie Basil
Favorite Book: The Little Prince
Currently Reading: Launchpad Republic
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-basil.html
Latest Review: Voices from a Forgotten Letter by Seif-Eldeine
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Julie Basil »

Just based on the subject matter of a group of women who come together because of a shared love of fly fishing, I probably would not pick up this book, but your review has me interested to know more. It sounds like there are some very meaningful themes and that this story is both well-written and well-edited. Keep up the good work!
"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what's essential is invisible to the eye." ~ Antoine St. Exupery
Amanda Kenneth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-kenneth.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Amanda Kenneth »

"The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings follows four women united by their love for fly fishing, embarking on a journey of friendship and personal growth.
Anthony Ambrose
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-ambrose.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Anthony Ambrose »

The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings paints a vivid picture of female camaraderie and the power of authentic connections. Through the shared passion of fly fishing, Melody and the four women embark on a journey of friendship and self-discovery
obinna Sharon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obinna-sharon.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by obinna Sharon »

I've heard of different sports but this book introduced me to a new sport. Flyfishing may seem weird to some people but I like the way the author protrayed it. Nice review you've got here.
Elendu Treasure
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elendu-treasure.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Elendu Treasure »

Throughout the story, Rose stands out as a character who embodies maternal traits and shows compassion for the helpless Melody. Rose's caring character and her tremendous impact on others around her are depicted via the author's deft portrayal of their interactions, which creates strong emotional resonance.
Florence Daniel
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-daniel.html
Latest Review: The Tiger's Eye by Scott Delaney

Post by Florence Daniel »

In 'The Reel Sisters' by Michelle Cummings, the lives of four dynamic women intersect through their shared love for fly fishing, leading to a journey of friendship, adventure, and personal discovery. Cummings' distinctive writing style and vivid character development bring their stories to life, offering readers an immersive exploration of the joys and challenges of pursuing a common passion.
Kelvin Suraj
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Kelvin Suraj »

Nice book I must say. The book centers on two themes: friendship and spirit of sports man ship. The characters are worth emulating.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”