Review of Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-murugesan.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Review of Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book

Post by Priya Murugesan »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book" by Kalliope Barlis.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

This book is a coaching and motivating book to develop the mind skills of golfers. This guidebook shows tips and techniques to improvise a player's gameplay dramatically. It increases the awareness of the players and helps them to play intelligently. It also helps out amateur players who are just starting to play. The exercises mentioned update and optimize our minds to achieve our desires.

The concepts present in the book impressed me a lot. The author stresses that we should not concentrate too much on a bad experience. Or else it will get imprinted on our minds. Instead, she asks us to reverse or modify it to be a good experience and add it to our memory banks. She suggests a swish pattern technique for that, which looks intriguing. The author underlines the importance of thinking positively, as thoughts make us. She further asks us to shrink back negative memories to reduce their impact on us. In golf, for example, if we miss a target, we should analyze the mistake immediately and correct it in our minds. We should imprint that new memory immediately. Our mind will turn that memory into reality by driving our body to attain that goal.

The author emphasized the importance of practicing not only our body but also our mind. I was awed to know that the brain has a memory that leads the muscles into motion. She also demands that we create a target and practice each thing in isolation, like hitting the sweet spot and landing the ball on target.

"When you think better, you feel better. Then you do things in better ways. Likewise, when you change the way you feel, you change the way you think, which changes how you do things for the better."

The above quote inspired me.

The book is small and quite a quick read. The author recommends keeping the book in the golf bag and reading whenever we want quick inspiration. She also asks us to read this book daily for twenty-one days; even a quick scan is enough. It provides various exercises to improve our swing, hold, balance, etc. The mind exercises make our minds very effective and lead us physically to great achievements.

The book is specifically written for golfers. But, as the author mentions, the basic techniques can be used for other games and any aspect of our lives. For example, I love to play carrom. I can adapt the methodology and apply it to my game.

I didn't notice any typographical errors. The editing is exceptional. I noticed a profane word that could have been avoided.

I rate the book 5 out of 5 as I had no issues with it. I recommend this book to all golfers and readers who want quick motivation.

Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
In a world where you can be anything, be kind :)
Anu Anand
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anu-anand.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Anu Anand »

Great review, Priya! Even though I'm not a golfer, this book helped me visualize and approach my goals differently. Your review captured the essence and benefits of the book very well. Thanks for sharing!
Risper Ouma Lisa Anyango
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-risper-ouma-lisa-anyango.html
Latest Review: Telling Your Story, Developing Your Brand by Henry Wong

Post by Risper Ouma Lisa Anyango »

I really don't know how to play golf and ive never played it. But I would love to read this book because I want to know what actuaries on in a golf field
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:

Anu Anand wrote: 25 Mar 2024, 07:07 Great review, Priya! Even though I'm not a golfer, this book helped me visualize and approach my goals differently. Your review captured the essence and benefits of the book very well. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks Anu for your appreciation and kind words!
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:

Risper Ouma Lisa Anyango wrote: 25 Mar 2024, 07:22 I really don't know how to play golf and ive never played it. But I would love to read this book because I want to know what actuaries on in a golf field
I am too not a golfer. But I found this book interesting. Do try it!
Martina Sette
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martina-sette.html
Latest Review: Involuntary Reroute by Robert Laney
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 126%

Post by Martina Sette »

Top review! Golf isn't a sport I enjoy, so this book isn't for me, but I believe it would be perfect for golf enthusiasts.
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:

Martina Sette wrote: 28 Mar 2024, 10:55 Top review! Golf isn't a sport I enjoy, so this book isn't for me, but I believe it would be perfect for golf enthusiasts.
Thanks for your reply😊
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 173
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Do You Really Want To Know? by Kate Fraser

Post by Gerry Steen »

This review summarizes the gist of the book very well. The power of the mind cannot be underestimated. Shrinking the negative thoughts and enlarging the positive thoughts and targets in our mind's eye are helpful in golf. I have practiced the exercises in this book and they have helped me in my game. Great review!
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:

Gerry Steen wrote: 28 Mar 2024, 13:14 This review summarizes the gist of the book very well. The power of the mind cannot be underestimated. Shrinking the negative thoughts and enlarging the positive thoughts and targets in our mind's eye are helpful in golf. I have practiced the exercises in this book and they have helped me in my game. Great review!
Awesome! I don't play golf but I tried these techniques in carrom. It looks like it is helping me.
Cristina-Ioana Toader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-ioana-toader.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by Cristina-Ioana Toader »

Great review! I'm a fan of Kalliope Barlis. She excels in simplifying complex ideas for easy understanding.
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:

Cristina-Ioana Toader wrote: 05 Apr 2024, 02:14 Great review! I'm a fan of Kalliope Barlis. She excels in simplifying complex ideas for easy understanding.
Me too!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”