Review of My Trip To Adele

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shanesha Sammerson
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shanesha-sammerson.html
Latest Review: Unyielding Destiny by Spiros Gratsias (author of Unyielding Destiny)

Review of My Trip To Adele

Post by Shanesha Sammerson »

[Following is a volunteer review of "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"My Trip to Adele" by R.I. Alyaseer and A.I. Alyaseer is a captivating tale interwoven with the melodic threads of Adele's songs, seamlessly blending three disparate lives, each yearning to attend her concert. The narrative unfolds through the lenses of Elias, Yaser, and Nadia, offering a poignant exploration of love, loss, and the pursuit of happiness.

Elias, haunted by the separation from his beloved Malika, embarks on a journey of self-discovery catalyzed by a chance encounter with a mysterious fortune teller. As revelations surface, Elias finds himself grappling with newfound understanding and profound bewilderment.

Yaser's facade of marital bliss masks the turmoil brewing beneath the surface of his seemingly perfect family life. His poignant struggle to reconcile his public persona with private strife resonates deeply, highlighting the complexities of human relationships and societal expectations.

Nadia, a single mother determined to seize life's fleeting moments, navigates the tumultuous waters of co-parenting amidst her ex-husband's relentless attempts to thwart her freedom. Her unwavering determination to provide her son with the gift of Adele's concert is both heartwarming and inspiring, showcasing the resilience of the human spirit in the face of adversity.

What sets "My Trip to Adele" apart is its seamless integration of Adele's lyrics into the narrative fabric, enriching the storytelling with a palpable emotional depth. Each chapter, aptly named after one of Adele's songs or albums, serves as a poignant reflection of the characters' inner turmoil and aspirations, lending a lyrical resonance to their journey. I found nothing to dislike.

While the narrative has some grammatical errors, the overall impact of the story remains undiminished, thanks to its compelling premise and expertly crafted character arcs. Despite the occasional hiccup, the novel exudes a sense of professionalism, a testament to the authors' dedication to their craft.

In conclusion, "My Trip to Adele" is a resounding success, earning a well-deserved rating of 5 out of 5 stars. Its ability to seamlessly intertwine the power of music with the complexities of the human experience is a testament to its enduring appeal. Readers will find themselves swept away by its heartfelt narrative and timeless themes, resonating long after the final page is turned.

My Trip To Adele
View: on Bookshelves
Jennifer Coxon
Currently Reading: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-coxon.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards

Post by Jennifer Coxon »

Thank you for your thoughtful review. The title had put me off looking at this book, but the description of the three storylines within grabs my attention. I also like your point that either the lyrics, song titles or album titles feature to frame the narrative of the book.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

It is amazing to me how a song or singer can evoke such heavy emotions in those listening. The way that Adele’s songs are portrayed seems to be as a backdrop for these people’s lives. I can’t say that this really interests me, though. Thanks!
Julie Basil
Favorite Book: The Little Prince
Currently Reading: Launchpad Republic
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-basil.html
Latest Review: Voices from a Forgotten Letter by Seif-Eldeine
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Julie Basil »

This sounds like an interesting book. I like that you commented on how the author weaves Adele's lyrics and song titles into the story. Keep up the good work!
"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what's essential is invisible to the eye." ~ Antoine St. Exupery

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”