Review of Reconfigurement

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Puckett Elizabeth Marie
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-puckett-elizabeth-marie.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Review of Reconfigurement

Post by Puckett Elizabeth Marie »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Reconfigurement" by E. Alan Fleischauer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Ignoring retirement age when planning is a big problem every third person faces, which often makes one suffer and struggle in their old age. E. Alan Fleischauer offers clues about successive strategies in his work 'Reconfigurement', saying that great steps are best taken as an integral part of the continuous plan for a stable future.

Reconfigurement is the work of Fleischauer, which examines the aspect of retirement planning that we often forget and shows its outcomes when we do not think of financial preparedness. Being the target audience ensured that he focused on the struggles that individuals often encounter upon entering retirement without proper planning and practical approaches. The book spans diverse financial dimensions, involving budgeting for savings, investments, and insurance, and lays emphasis on the capacity building of readers to control their future finances.

Nothing impressed me more than the nuances of Fleischauer's proficiency and the way in which he asserts his detailed understanding of finance. Also, the way the author combined front-line information with jokes was fantastic and kept me not only minded but also entertained. Through attention to the inclusion of reflective questions and external resources, the readings provide different ways to incorporate the new knowledge into our daily lives.

The writing and editing in the book are very good, though unfortunately, some readers may find themselves swimming in a sea of financial terminology for which they'll need to go back and revisit some sections for clarity. Even so, the book is overall a very enjoyable read. I found no errors in this book. It was well edited by the author.

I give Reconfigurement 5 out of 5 stars. I have no reason to deduct a star from this book. Thanks to its vital content, an engaging presentation, and the absence of any explicit content. With great incentive, I recommend it not only to young, financially literate men and women but also to middle-aged people who are looking to try out some new responsible spending methods.

Reconfigurement
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Sunday N Florence
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-n-florence.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Sunday N Florence »

The author's target audience is individuals entering retirement, and he delves into the struggles they often encounter due to inadequate planning. The book covers various financial dimensions, including budgeting for savings, investments, and insurance, empowering readers to take control of their financial future through practical approaches.
Esther Unurhie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-unurhie.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Esther Unurhie »

The review provides a succinct overview of 'Reconfigurement' by E. Alan Fleischauer, capturing its focus on the often overlooked aspect of retirement planning and its practical implications.
Amanda Kenneth
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-kenneth.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Amanda Kenneth »

The book gives a great insight into the aftermath of retirement.
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: Theater of Lies by Ted Griffith

Post by Veronica Hunter »

This book is a comprehensive guide to retirement planning that addresses the critical issues many individuals overlook. Fleischauer's practical approach and emphasis on proactive strategies make this book an essential read for anyone concerned about their financial future.
Daisy Lou
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daisy-lou.html
Latest Review: One Hand Two Hearts by S.K. Alfstad
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 34%

Post by Daisy Lou »

Your review highlights the importance of being proactive in managing one's finances for a secure future. It is very easy to ignore the subject of retirement when it's thirty years away, but not doing any planning can lead to struggles and suffering in old age. I enjoyed your summary of the book. It is novel that a numbers-minded person like E. Alan Fleischauer injected humor into what could otherwise be a tedious chore to read.
Daisy Lou :character-ariel:

"Anything you can imagine you can make real." -Jules Verne
Adam Bryce Stern
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adam-bryce-stern.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Adam Bryce Stern »

An eye opening read to the reality of life after retirement, the book does not only warn readers but also provides an avenue for change, a solution to this problem. Great read. Congrats on a well written review.
Kelvin Suraj
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Kelvin Suraj »

This book revealed lots of things to me. I must say this was a great read. Thanks for your review.
Dani Elle Ele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dani-elle-ele.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Dani Elle Ele »

It's fantastic that you found the book to be an eye-opening exploration of life after retirement, offering both warnings and solutions to the challenges presented. It's always rewarding when a book not only informs but also inspires change.
Scholastica Daniel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scholastica-daniel.html
Latest Review: The Advent of Time by Indignus Servus

Post by Scholastica Daniel »

I have seen well to do person turn poor after retirement because they lack savings and have to get by their merger pension which they use to support their family. So this book is a step in the right direction.
Daberechi Precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daberechi-precious.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Daberechi Precious »

This book Is indeed a self help book, it really changed many things about me and will be of help to alot of people. Your review was well detailed and interesting.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”