Review of Waterworks

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Aaron Joseph Maupin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aaron-joseph-maupin.html
Latest Review: The Incarnation by Arthur Telling

Review of Waterworks

Post by Aaron Joseph Maupin »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Waterworks" by Jack Winnick.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Iranian terrorists have just poisoned the water system in Los Angeles with polonium. The Homeland Security Department then quickly summons the presence of Lara and Uri, who have been on vacation, following their doctor's advice. This time around, each of the couple decided to secure employment roles in Tehran, disguising their real identities so that they could sneak inside the Iranians, get vital information, and give feedback to their home country, the U.S.A. While Lara and Uri are not amateurs in espionage and undercover matters, their disguised facial identities are at risk of being exposed. How will their quest turn out at the end of the day?

“Waterworks” by Jack Winnick is a story about the brave and sacrificial contribution of a couple, experts in espionage, amid terrorists' attacks, on their homeland.

The author of this book shows great story-telling expertise in this authentic plot. The plot is crafted so that it exudes a realistic touch. The author also brings uniqueness to the plot twist. This is because the book uses the attack on the water system to show how terrorism takes a toll on a nation. The writing style of the author grips, probably because of its vivid description of events and characters’ activities as they play their roles in the plot. Another factor that adds a realistic touch to the plot is the inclusion of historical background in the plot's setting. The book describes the building and physical features of the story's location.

I don't have anything to dislike about this book, as the writing style is expertly crafted to show scenes and the setting well, such that it exudes realistic happenings. I also did not find a grammar error in it, as it is exceptionally well-edited. Hence, I would rate the book 5 out of 5 stars. The book would be enjoyed by readers who love terrorist plots narrated in a thrilling and suspenseful manner.

Waterworks
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Jennifer Coxon
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-coxon.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards

Post by Jennifer Coxon »

Thank you for your thoughtful review. I have enjoyed the author's works previously and can understand your comments on the realism the author imbues into the scenes and setting. It is something I enjoyed about his other pieces.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”