Review of The DrugTech Trilogy

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rebecca De Figueiredo
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Sent to Watch
Currently Reading: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebecca-de-figueiredo.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Review of The DrugTech Trilogy

Post by Rebecca De Figueiredo »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The DrugTech Trilogy" by Marcel Victor Sahade.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The DrugTech Trilogy
Marcel Victor Sahade.

'The Drug Tech Trilogy' was one of those rare moments in reading when I could hardly put the book down. It has been well thought out and beautifully constructed into a clever, intelligent reading experience. There are so many different facets that have been brought together. Somehow, the Medicis of Italy in the 16th century, a truck driver, highly developed modern medical science, NASA, unhappy spouses, corrupt police officers, treasure and much more, have been brought together into the same trajectory. Each little scenario that Marcel Victor Sahade has written could be extended into a book in its own right. So many characters and tone changes are running through, yet the reader can follow it without difficulty. The DrugTech Company is not entirely ethical, and there are many people killed because of it. A particular silver casket is often mentioned. Captain Terence recovers hidden treasure and funds the Medici Pharmaceutical Company with its proceeds. The small scenarios are in some ways similar to life, as big happenings are usually a result of many different aspects coming together as one.

I like the way it has been divided into three sections or books. It allows the reader to put a bookmark in and pause before diving in for the next chapter. The first book is about setting the scene, with occasional hints about the theme. It all starts coming together in book 2, along with a few more elements that bring yet different dimensions to the whole.

I want to say how much I enjoyed the front cover. I found it mysterious and intriguing, and I would take it off a shop shelf for closer inspection.

This is a good book for all genres, including teens. I found no grammatical errors, horrific imagery, or explicit sexual scenes. Because of all these reasons and the fact that I thoroughly enjoyed it, I will award it a 5-out-of-5-star rating.

The DrugTech Trilogy
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Jennifer Coxon
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-coxon.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards

Post by Jennifer Coxon »

Thank you for your detailed review. I like it when an author can combine disparate themes or people across time periods and have it all make sense. Your description of the book is very appealing and this is one I will now look out for.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”