Review of The Reel Sisters

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Goodness Kene
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-kene.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Review of The Reel Sisters

Post by Goodness Kene »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Reel Sisters shows a group of real sisters. Michelle Cummings' The Reel Sisters casts a captivating line into the waters of friendship, love, and life, set against the picturesque backdrop of Denver, Colorado. The story centers around five women bonded by their shared love for fly fishing, whose lives intertwine in unexpected ways.

The story unfolds with Melody, a young and enigmatic nightlife photographer, whose chance encounter with a rock in the Arkansas River sets the stage for her introduction to Amanda, Rose, Sophie, and Veronica. What begins as a rescue mission blossoms into a deep and enduring friendship as these women navigate the currents of heartbreak, loss, and the joys of fly fishing together. I always avoided female-female close relationships because they always seemed to end in betrayals and bad energy, but this book taught me many things.

The author skillfully exhibits a deft hand at character development, crafting a diverse and relatable cast whose individual journeys resonate with authenticity. From Amanda's stoic resilience as a military wife to Sophie's independent spirit, each character brings a unique perspective to the narrative, enriching the tapestry of their shared experiences. One of the book's strengths lies in its exploration of the complexities of female friendship. Through alternating perspectives and intimate first-person narration, readers are invited into the innermost thoughts and emotions of each character, forging a deep connection with their struggles and triumphs.

The Reel Sisters is a testament to the enduring power of friendship and the resilience of the human spirit. With its richly drawn characters, heartfelt storytelling, and valuable life lessons, this book will resonate with readers of all backgrounds. I found no errors indicating professionalism in the editing of the book. Although profane words are used in the book, it is not disturbing. Therefore, I rate this book five out of five stars.

I recommend it to anyone seeking a heartfelt exploration of friendship, love, and the transformative power of shared passions.

The Reel Sisters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Alissa Deann Devargas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-deann-devargas.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Alissa Deann Devargas »

A journey of friendship, support, and self-discovery among women sounds fun to read. What's even more fascinating is the mention of flyfishing. I've seen it done many times in movies. It'll be nice to read about the sport.
Goodness Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-azuka.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Goodness Azuka »

I can understand a long-lasting friendship amongst a group of males, but females...? This is indeed rare. i also like the sound of flyfishing as a sport. Nice review.
David Samanthaa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-samanthaa.html
Latest Review: First Survivor by Mark Unger

Post by David Samanthaa »

The Reel Sisters is a testament to the strength of female bonds. The characters' support for each other through thick and thin is a refreshing reminder of the importance of friendship
Robert Cortes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-cortes.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Robert Cortes »

"The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings sounds like a heartwarming tale that casts a captivating line into the waters of friendship, love, and life against the backdrop of Denver, Colorado.

The story's focus on five women bonded by their shared love for fly fishing promises to offer readers a rich tapestry of interconnected lives and unexpected twists.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”