Review of Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Opeyemi Ajiboye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-opeyemi-ajiboye.html
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey

Review of Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Post by Opeyemi Ajiboye »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise" by John K Danenbarger.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Entanglement: Quantum and Otherwise is a novel written by John K. Danenbarger. The book's opening introduces us to Bett, a young woman who, due to the toxic relationship between her father and her mother, was forced to run away from the house and go into prostitution to survive. On a certain night, when Bett passes out, she finds and rescues Joe, a male stripper. The next morning, Bett wakes up in Joe's apartment and is alarmed at how she has been cleaned up and confused about how she ended up there, but then is immediately told by Joe that he doesn't have an interest in women and is only interested in men due to his gay sexuality. They get acquainted, and shortly afterward, Joe helps her secure an escape trip to Bermuda with the help of his friend, Gerry. On getting to Bermuda, she squats with the Gerry family and tries to live a new life with new friends around. However, her start to a new life was cut short when Gerry's father, who goes by his nickname Mr. Slave Owner and who is also known to love raping young black women, began to make silly advances at her. With the help of her mother, she secures a plane ticket to fly out of Bermuda, but it is stopped due to Mr. Slaveowner's influence.
How will she manage this exhausting situation?

We are introduced to the love story of Beth and her husband. We are also taken on an interestingly complicated journey through Kelvin's investigation of a robbery of a big Swiss bank. Which was allegedly orchestrated by Carl, a guy who Beth met on a boat sometime ago. But then Carl informs Beth of his innocence and suspends Gerry's involvement, given that he is the son of the slave owner and has been involved in some of his dirty businesses. Also, we are giving closure to Mr. Slave's owner's case and the grave consequences of Beth's involvement in her own matter.
I like how later the many untold stories were finished off, because at first I was confused due to the unfinished story of Beth and other characters.

I recommend this book for those who enjoy reading books about love stories. I dislike the relationship between Kelvin, his brother, and their father, and I felt very bad when Kelvin, the elder brother, committed suicide at a very young age. I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars because it makes me understand the importance of friendship between Kelvin, Beth, Joe, and Florie. I was unable to detect any errors in it. This goes to show that it was edited professionally.

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey
Anozie Stephanie
Currently Reading: Summer's Promise
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anozie-stephanie.html
Latest Review: A Walk Through the Grapes by David Jackson

Post by Anozie Stephanie »

When I picked up Entanglement by John K. Danenbarger I read all through and saw how one can be betrayed and how one can stand from that disappointment. Bett was truly a main character of survival.
Mfon Ukim
Currently Reading: Popop's Grimoire
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Mfon Ukim »

What i gleaned from the book is that human lives are intertwined in ways that may not be quite obvious. It shows human relationships and the fact that these relationships can have an enormous influence on others.
Jason Ortega 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jason-ortega-1.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Jason Ortega 1 »

The books show the problem that Bett face but she still have some people to help. It show how bothered Beth and Kelvin struggled since the young age but still manage to be successful.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”