Review of Phobia Relief

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anozie Stephanie
Currently Reading: Summer's Promise
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anozie-stephanie.html
Latest Review: life.............connected by jacksel

Review of Phobia Relief

Post by Anozie Stephanie »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Phobia Relief" by Kalliope Barlis.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Phobia Relief: From Fear to Freedom by Kalliope Barlis is a nonfiction book that talks about fear. Fear is a huge factor that makes people dormant in life. The result of stress is caused by fear, as made known by the author.

Thoughts about things are the reason why we perceive things the way we perceive them. We change our thoughts, and we change how we perceive things. The time wasted on fear can be useful in looking inward at ourselves and monitoring the thoughts in our heads. The brain is used to familiarity, so the more you think of those fears, the more they become a reality. If you, as a person, can shrink the big figure of what makes us fear and make ourselves bigger, it will definitely improve the way we feel.

I will recommend this book to anyone who is dealing with phobias and has made the decision to make a better change for themselves. My love for this book is that the author made available exercises that we, the readers, can practice to quench or reduce that feeling of fear in us. I won't fail to write out my criticism of this book. The author made it known that the brain doesn't know the difference between what it sees, imagines, or does. Another section of this book speaks about the missing element in the law of attraction, which is the mandatory act of doing things that you want to attract, which is to say, if you want to attract money, you have to work. But if the brain can't differentiate between what it sees, imagines, or does, then why is it a must to do what we want for the law of attraction to be functional? Why can't we simply imagine it in reality since the brain can't tell the difference? This was unclear to me.

I would have given this book a perfect 5-star rating, but for the criticisms I noted above, I will rate this book 4 out of 5 stars. The author can make things more clear in the future for readers for better understanding.

Phobia Relief
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ezeani Emmanuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezeani-emmanuel.html
Latest Review: Clifford's War by J Denison Reed

Post by Ezeani Emmanuel »

I don't believe in fear, I believe it's there to trick us and I am glad Kalliope Barlis wrote in correlation with my thoughts about fear.
Jason Ortega 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jason-ortega-1.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Jason Ortega 1 »

I have so many phobias on things, reading this review I can see there isn't a need to fear, I hope there are exercises to do to reduce the phobias.
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: Winning at Leading Women In Leadership by Ronica Watkins, PhD

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

As a book with an NLP approach, I appreciate the author's effort to help readers overcome their problems by focusing on what is within their control. This book is good, but I feel there is too much toxic positivity in some parts. However, I agree with you that this book provides many insights for overcoming phobias. Thank you for writing this review.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Opeyemi Ajiboye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-opeyemi-ajiboye.html
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey

Post by Opeyemi Ajiboye »

The availability of exercises to do to reduce or quench our phobia is applaudable, not only giving us in depth knowledge of phobias, but writing measures to take to quench those phobias.
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”