Review of My Trip To Adele

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: The Awakening by Davina Reddic

Review of My Trip To Adele

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

[Following is a volunteer review of "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

I think "My Trip to Adele" is a fitting title for this book. Many parts of it introduce Adele's songs, and the chapter titles are related to the story and her songs. I usually listen to her songs while reading those chapters because I feel the author wants to convey the emotions in the music through the story.

This book is easy to read and has an amazing, flawless, and perfect editing.

The love story of Elias and Malika is my favorite, even though it has a bittersweet ending. The transformation from an innocent child believing in superstition to a strong woman who has seen reality and matured. It's a bittersweet story in the end, but their conversations are touching and memorable.

In the stories of Nadia with her son and Yaser with his wife, they are all on a journey to find what they desire, whether it's freedom, love, escape from problems, or much more.

There's some sexual content that, although not explicit, I feel wasn't executed well. It would be better if the author described it better and marked the book as suitable only for young adults.

I would rate this book 4 out of 5 stars because the plot is easy to follow and intriguing. There are many parts of the story where I learned about relationships, searching, and the reality of feelings over time. The combination of the story with Adele's songs makes the book interesting for me.

There are many parts I liked, such as Elias's conversation with Malika.

One of my favorite quotes:

“El-Fnaa Square is a myth; Moulay Brahim is a myth; even you and the Atlas Mountains are myths. What have I gained from these myths, Elias? That’s why I’m here, where all the myths fall naked in the heart of Italy. Where all its polytheism and myths of the gods are eradicated and replaced by the Vatican, where there is one God and church."

This part shows that the background of Morocco is not just depicted as a compliment but also strengthens the story when compared to the city of Italy, which seems to symbolize modernization.

Also, one of Yaser's lines is:

“A person who has never had doubts could never truly know faith, my love.”

About how belief, which once caused them to crack and almost separate, gave them a way to reunite. I like this quote because I believe every religious person needs to go through a period of doubt before finding their way back to faith, and this is a process that everyone must go through.

As feedback for this book, sometimes there are some foreign terms related to Moroccan culture that I don't understand. Maybe for some foreign terms, you need to add footnotes to explain their meanings and provide references. Also, I'm not sure if there are copyright issues related to including Adele's lyrics and titles in many chapters, but maybe in your next work, you should consider this because it feels like you're forcing the story to follow Adele's lyrics. However, I like the Adele song references you provided.

I used to think romance books weren't my cup of tea, but I think your story convinced me to choose this type of story again in the future. Thank you.

My Trip To Adele
View: on Bookshelves
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Abriani H
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Abriani H »

Romance stories are my favorite, and I also love stories that delve into the Middle Eastern world because of my personal connection to that background. The combination of these elements makes this book intriguing to me. Reading your review makes me want to pick up this book. Thank you for writing this review. Keep up the great work!
Abriani H
Currently Reading:

Post by Abriani H »

Please recommend me when you come across books related to religion, Middle Eastern stories, or other romance novels.
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Thank you for your response, @abrianih. If I come across similar books, I'll let you know.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Abriani H
Currently Reading:

Post by Abriani H »

Sure. No problem. You can read books like Minor Detail for example that tells about Palestinian Oppression. It's a good book
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Abriani H wrote: 27 Apr 2024, 19:44 Sure. No problem. You can read books like Minor Detail for example that tells about Palestinian Oppression. It's a good book
I think it's an interesting theme, considering how the oppression of Palestine continues to happen until now. Thank you for your recommendation.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Abriani H
Currently Reading:

Post by Abriani H »

Of course. By enriching ourselves with anti-oppression literature, we can also educate others to support the fighters in their struggle for freedom from Israel. From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free 🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸
Risper Ouma Anyango
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-risper-ouma-anyango.html
Latest Review: Grand Slam Life by Milton Haber, M.D.

Post by Risper Ouma Anyango »

Are you talking about Adele the music artist. I love that lady's songs and will gladly read this book because of her. Am glad you enjoyed this book
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Risper Ouma Lisa Anyango wrote: 28 Apr 2024, 03:05 Are you talking about Adele the music artist. I love that lady's songs and will gladly read this book because of her. Am glad you enjoyed this book
Thank you for your response. You're right, it's the Adele that we know. I even got to know many Adele songs because of this book, as I was born in a generation that might not know much about Adele.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Anjana Savita
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anjana-savita.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Anjana Savita »

Nice review you mentioned both merits demerits of book also comment on editing and justify your rating well done
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Anjana Savita wrote: 28 Apr 2024, 03:44 Nice review you mentioned both merits demerits of book also comment on editing and justify your rating well done
Thank you for your reply. I believe providing balanced comments and positive responses is important because as part of the indie publishing ecosystem, we need to help advance independent authors.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Anjana Savita
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anjana-savita.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Anjana Savita »

Nice review you mentioned both merits demerits of book also comment on editing and justify your rating well done
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Crimeline Hollywood by Thomas Collins
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 46%

Post by Laney K »

This is a book I've read quite a few reviews of and, as a fan of romance books, I feel like is one that I'd quite enjoy. You did an excellent job support the rating and selling the merits of the book.
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Laney K wrote: 28 Apr 2024, 04:32 This is a book I've read quite a few reviews of and, as a fan of romance books, I feel like is one that I'd quite enjoy. You did an excellent job support the rating and selling the merits of the book.
Thank you for your reply. I believe providing balanced assesment is important to support the literacy ecosystems
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Abriani H wrote: 27 Apr 2024, 21:55 Of course. By enriching ourselves with anti-oppression literature, we can also educate others to support the fighters in their struggle for freedom from Israel. From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free 🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸
I couldn't agree more. Literacy serves as a means for us to shed negative influences ingrained in us from childhood. It allows us to discern between right and wrong and facilitates the transformation of outdated paradigms.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”