Review of My Trip To Adele

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ludovica Peruzzi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Blockhead
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ludovica-peruzzi.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Re: Review of My Trip To Adele

Post by Ludovica Peruzzi »

Well, now you've got me curious. You're telling me it's a romance focused on Middle Eastern culture *and* based off Adele's lyrics? That's such an interesting idea. Kinda intrigued to see how it all ties together! Thank you for bringing my attention to this book.
_Rhea Jacob
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhea-jacob.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by _Rhea Jacob »

While I am not a huge fan of romance, I may give this book a try. It looks like it has character development and growth which I enjoy in a book. Thank you for your review!
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by Gerry Steen »

Your review lets me know that if I love Adele's songs, Italy, the idea of love, and faith, I will love this story. This book is on my bookshelves. Thank you. :techie-studyinggray:
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: Not Dead Yet by Mark Fletcher

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

Ludovica Peruzzi wrote: 04 May 2024, 13:01 Well, now you've got me curious. You're telling me it's a romance focused on Middle Eastern culture *and* based off Adele's lyrics? That's such an interesting idea. Kinda intrigued to see how it all ties together! Thank you for bringing my attention to this book.
Sure. It's an interesting book actually to read. Hope that you get the same positive experience as me, dear fellow reader.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

_Rhea Jacob wrote: 04 May 2024, 13:49 While I am not a huge fan of romance, I may give this book a try. It looks like it has character development and growth which I enjoy in a book. Thank you for your review!
Thank you for your enthusiasm and attention in reading my writings. I'm glad to help people have a better reading experience with detailed explanations.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Gerry Steen wrote: 04 May 2024, 16:59 Your review lets me know that if I love Adele's songs, Italy, the idea of love, and faith, I will love this story. This book is on my bookshelves. Thank you. :techie-studyinggray:
Yess. It can be said as that. Thank you for your reply Gerry, hopefully you got the same exciting experience as fellow reader on the book
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Ouko Okach
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Ouko Okach »

The combination of these elements makes this book intriguing to me. Reading your review makes me want to pick up this book. Thank you for writing this review. Keep up the great work!
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Ouko Okach wrote: 05 May 2024, 16:09 The combination of these elements makes this book intriguing to me. Reading your review makes me want to pick up this book. Thank you for writing this review. Keep up the great work!
Thank you for your reply. I believe providing balanced comments and responses is important because as part of the indie publishing ecosystem, we need to help advance independent authors.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-murugesan.html
Latest Review: Hunger of the Pine by Teal Swan

Post by Priya Murugesan »

Tomy Chandrafrost wrote: 26 Mar 2024, 06:49 [Following is a volunteer review of "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

I think "My Trip to Adele" is a fitting title for this book. Many parts of it introduce Adele's songs, and the chapter titles are related to the story and her songs. I usually listen to her songs while reading those chapters because I feel the author wants to convey the emotions in the music through the story.

This book is easy to read and has an amazing, flawless, and perfect editing.

The love story of Elias and Malika is my favorite, even though it has a bittersweet ending. The transformation from an innocent child believing in superstition to a strong woman who has seen reality and matured. It's a bittersweet story in the end, but their conversations are touching and memorable.

In the stories of Nadia with her son and Yaser with his wife, they are all on a journey to find what they desire, whether it's freedom, love, escape from problems, or much more.

There's some sexual content that, although not explicit, I feel wasn't executed well. It would be better if the author described it better and marked the book as suitable only for young adults.

I would rate this book 4 out of 5 stars because the plot is easy to follow and intriguing. There are many parts of the story where I learned about relationships, searching, and the reality of feelings over time. The combination of the story with Adele's songs makes the book interesting for me.

There are many parts I liked, such as Elias's conversation with Malika.

One of my favorite quotes:

“El-Fnaa Square is a myth; Moulay Brahim is a myth; even you and the Atlas Mountains are myths. What have I gained from these myths, Elias? That’s why I’m here, where all the myths fall naked in the heart of Italy. Where all its polytheism and myths of the gods are eradicated and replaced by the Vatican, where there is one God and church."

This part shows that the background of Morocco is not just depicted as a compliment but also strengthens the story when compared to the city of Italy, which seems to symbolize modernization.

Also, one of Yaser's lines is:

“A person who has never had doubts could never truly know faith, my love.”

About how belief, which once caused them to crack and almost separate, gave them a way to reunite. I like this quote because I believe every religious person needs to go through a period of doubt before finding their way back to faith, and this is a process that everyone must go through.

As feedback for this book, sometimes there are some foreign terms related to Moroccan culture that I don't understand. Maybe for some foreign terms, you need to add footnotes to explain their meanings and provide references. Also, I'm not sure if there are copyright issues related to including Adele's lyrics and titles in many chapters, but maybe in your next work, you should consider this because it feels like you're forcing the story to follow Adele's lyrics. However, I like the Adele song references you provided.

I used to think romance books weren't my cup of tea, but I think your story convinced me to choose this type of story again in the future. Thank you.

My Trip To Adele
View: on Bookshelves
A very detailed analysis from you. Like you, I am too not a romance fan, but I loved reading this!
In a world where you can be anything, be kind :)
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1927
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Volunteer Review: My Trip to Adele' by R.I. Alyaseer and A. I. Alyaseer is detailed and appealing. I like how the reviewer explores the various plotlines of the fiction story. The point that this is an interesting romance book is worth mentioning in the review. The author wants to convey the emotions in the music through the story. Also, as mentioned in the review, the book raises the issues of modernization, freedom, love, relationships, searching, and the reality of feelings over time. Learning that the plot is easy to follow and intriguing was great!
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Surabhi Rani wrote: 07 May 2024, 08:31 'Volunteer Review: My Trip to Adele' by R.I. Alyaseer and A. I. Alyaseer is detailed and appealing. I like how the reviewer explores the various plotlines of the fiction story. The point that this is an interesting romance book is worth mentioning in the review. The author wants to convey the emotions in the music through the story. Also, as mentioned in the review, the book raises the issues of modernization, freedom, love, relationships, searching, and the reality of feelings over time. Learning that the plot is easy to follow and intriguing was great!

As a fellow reader, I can resonate with your experience while reading this book. I agree with most of your perspectives here, that this book is well-written. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Glad we can resonate in the book reading experience here.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”