Review of UNEMPLOYABLE

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: The 13th of Summer by Charlene Pratt

Re: Review of UNEMPLOYABLE

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

_Rhea Jacob wrote: 04 May 2024, 12:29 Thank you for your excellent review and for pointing out the issue with the author's previous title. It has made me realize that I may not enjoy the book as some others would but I will recommend it to friends who will be interested to read it.
Thank you for your reply. I believe providing balanced comments and responses is important because as part of the indie publishing ecosystem, we need to help advance independent authors.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Ludovica Peruzzi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ludovica-peruzzi.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Ludovica Peruzzi »

I see how the title not fitting the contents of the book would have spoiled the experience for you, which is a shame, because the book seems well worth reading on its own, and it's something most young people today can relate to, as well. Thank you for such a thoughtful review!
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Ludovica Peruzzi wrote: 04 May 2024, 12:54 I see how the title not fitting the contents of the book would have spoiled the experience for you, which is a shame, because the book seems well worth reading on its own, and it's something most young people today can relate to, as well. Thank you for such a thoughtful review!
Sure. I'm glad my review can help you. I hope that it can give insight to people that don't read the book yet so people can adjust their expectation
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Dana Lawrence Lohn
Favorite Book: The Upstairs Delicatessen
Currently Reading: In the Garden of Beasts
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dana-lawrence-lohn.html
Latest Review: Truth and Evil by G. Edward Martin
2024 Reading Goal: 75
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Dana Lawrence Lohn »

Agree completely that there’s massive pain in this author’s reality, that her personal experience is extremely uncommon and unlikely - which is what she’s saying when she encounters her advisees ringing her up in retail stores - and that it is a gorgeous and triumphant ending, for her, at least. My hope personally is that she looks in her rearview mirror and dedicates some of her future time to making life easier for those in similar straits who come after her. Beautiful review, Tony!
Dhathri Sharma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhathri-sharma.html
Latest Review: The House on Tyner by Matthew O’Connell
2024 Reading Goal: 160
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by Dhathri Sharma »

Review seems good. The insights into education and entrepreneurship seem valuable, despite the title not fully reflecting the content. "How I Hired Myself" sounds like a more fitting title indeed. Happy reading :D

Dhathri Sharma.
Aleena Augustine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aleena-augustine.html
Latest Review: The Face of Fear by R. J. Torbert

Post by Aleena Augustine »

I can see where you're coming from! I actually read the book too, and I found it captivating for the same reasons you mentioned. The new title definitely seems more appropriate. It's always interesting to see how others interpret and connect with the same material. Great job on the review!
Ouko Okach
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Ouko Okach »

Making it in Silicon is really hard since the competition there is more than one can handle. I enjoyed your review. I am however curious about the title.
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Dana Lawrence Lohn wrote: 04 May 2024, 21:28 Agree completely that there’s massive pain in this author’s reality, that her personal experience is extremely uncommon and unlikely - which is what she’s saying when she encounters her advisees ringing her up in retail stores - and that it is a gorgeous and triumphant ending, for her, at least. My hope personally is that she looks in her rearview mirror and dedicates some of her future time to making life easier for those in similar straits who come after her. Beautiful review, Tony!
Thank you for your enthusiasm and attention in reading my writings. I'm glad to help people have a better reading experience with detailed explanations.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Dhathri Sharma wrote: 04 May 2024, 22:00 Review seems good. The insights into education and entrepreneurship seem valuable, despite the title not fully reflecting the content. "How I Hired Myself" sounds like a more fitting title indeed. Happy reading :D

Dhathri Sharma.
Thanks for the replies. Glad that it could help the reader better to set their expectations with the book.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Aleena Augustine wrote: 05 May 2024, 07:49 I can see where you're coming from! I actually read the book too, and I found it captivating for the same reasons you mentioned. The new title definitely seems more appropriate. It's always interesting to see how others interpret and connect with the same material. Great job on the review!
Thank you for your enthusiasm and attention in reading my writings. I'm glad to help people have a better reading experience with detailed explanations.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Ouko Okach wrote: 05 May 2024, 16:07 Making it in Silicon is really hard since the competition there is more than one can handle. I enjoyed your review. I am however curious about the title.
Sure. Thanks for the replies. Glad it could resonate with you. Have a great reading experience there
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Trindade Carvalho
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trindade-carvalho.html
Latest Review: Creative Destruction by Alastair Bowman

Post by Trindade Carvalho »

Your review is very good. It shows clearly the positive and negative points observed in reading.
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Trindade Carvalho wrote: 07 May 2024, 09:33 Your review is very good. It shows clearly the positive and negative points observed in reading.
Thank you for your reply. I believe providing balanced comments and responses is important because as part of the indie publishing ecosystem, we need to help advance independent authors.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Jenna Padayachee
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Kybalion
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenna-padayachee.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Signature Addition: Jenna Padayachee

Post by Jenna Padayachee »

Thank you for your honest, well-rounded review.
It is remarkable that the author eventually changed the title of this beautiful book to align with the actual contents.
Clearly, the author is open to self-improvement, substantiating Alysia Edith Silberg's ability to overcome the many challenges encountered, as depicted in this book!
"Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power." Lao Tzu
Jenna Padayachee

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”